Views

Users

Frequent Posters

akanna thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: bandicoot

aku lets simply agree to disagree hereπŸ˜†

u think kruthi got an opportunity to learn different styles. I think he experimented with her....if shampa is indeed terrence's right hand, he could have given kruti stronger choreo's in kruti's forte/..and Im talking exclusively from what ive seen shampa do for jai/sushant

shakti...i dont knw how u rate shakti's indian performances..i think they were a mess...and that is probably because it was not terrence's forte...however terrence's choreo for alisha on silsila was awesome...terrence was somehow weaker in the indian section in DID2...or atleast that is my opinion..nobody beats him in his contemporary

kruti i think is an extra ordinary dancer ..atleast the way she adapted to the tango was marvelous...i personally rate kruti better than shakti

NP!!! πŸ˜†

Shampa was a student at TLCDC, and her earlier training before that was in Classical, I agree. But Kruti was already trained well in Classical that she could do her own choreography if required; she was qualified enough to be a classical dance teacher. Honestly I loved most of Kruti's acts, and some even more than Shakti's or Vandu's, so I dont see the kind of difference you are talking about.. Maybe that I was too obsessed with Kruti and voted for her too!! In fact the very first jazz that Kruti did with Vandu was extra ordinary, so TL might have felt very confident in her that she could do any style outside her forte, and he was right too in my pov..

Each mentor is supposed to showcase their skills more and that's why they have picked mentors from three different styles for the show. They take up challenges for other styles too, in order to make their dancers perform outside their own forte as well as master's forte.. Alisha's classical act had a lot of input from Vrushali and Terence himself acknowledged that in that episode. Even Kruti did a NB act that was out of this world, put together by her BN gurus! I remember Vrushali's semi-classical (salaam ishq), Vandu's semi-classical in WC round, and Shakti's Kathak - these were superb for me. Shakti's BN wasnt as strong as Kruti's, which was expected; the same way Alisha couldnt pull it as well as Vrushali could have.. Kruti's semi-classical kind of version did for a kasauti round was also mind blowing. Also the Satyam Shivam act she did during her elimination week was awesome!!

Last part, I agree! I wanted Kruti to stay to the finale, and even voted for her, but what to do, our desi janta dont vote for classical dancers!! Obviously Vrushali was better than Alisha but she was eliminated prematurely too! Same happened to Tashu and Amrita, when Amrita was the best in GKG without doubt!
akanna thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mihirism

So now the David Copperfield of dance(according to TL) was outshined by an average wild-card contestant? πŸ˜›

D was also a WC contestant, Mihir! πŸ˜› Amrita would have made it from mega audition, she deserved it and we all know that.. Geeta's partiality to her assistant Teena got Amrita out that time.. Amrita proved how good she is, and she was the best in GKG..

DC phrase was meant in the sense of his own style -- hip hop and keeping the beats when he choreographs himself - in other words, I think TL implied that D himself choreographed it when Geeta wouldnt admit that!! So in terms of choreographing for himself in his own style, D is extremely good, I agree. That's why I always loved his own works but not Geeta's acts for him!
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
agreed
with most

and have to add
I loved kruti's satyam shivam sundaram
ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: akanna

D was also a WC contestant, Mihir! πŸ˜› Amrita would have made it from mega audition, she deserved it and we all know that.. Geeta's partiality to her assistant Teena got Amrita out that time.. Amrita proved how good she is, and she was the best in GKG..

DC phrase was meant in the sense of his own style -- hip hop and keeping the beats when he choreographs himself - in other words, I think TL implied that D himself choreographed it when Geeta wouldnt admit that!! So in terms of choreographing for himself in his own style, D is extremely good, I agree. That's why I always loved his own works but not Geeta's acts for him!

LOL I totally meant to say Stand-by...idk why I said wild-card coz usually alot of good contestants come in from wild-card πŸ˜‰ 

anyway I don't think u saw the episode where TL calls D-sir "DC of dance" ...there was no hip-hop that day, infact D-sir didn't even perform that day so idk what u talking about πŸ˜• 
ankit_nyc thumbnail

Originally posted by: akanna

Tongue With all due respect, who cares what Terrence thinks of D sir? Terrence isn't giving work to D sir......the likes of Farah Khan are giving work to D sir.......the same Farah Khan that gave Terrence work as an assistant.......Tongue 
ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ankit_nyc

πŸ˜› With all due respect, who cares what Terrence thinks of D sir? Terrence isn't giving work to D sir......the likes of Farah Khan are giving work to D sir.......the same Farah Khan that gave Terrence work as an assistant.......πŸ˜› 

I respect TL alot and it really matters to me what he thinks about my most favorite choreographer πŸ˜ƒ Its so good to see him change his view about D-sir....so many times he criticized D-sir and look now...he put D-sir above himself πŸ˜Š
akanna thumbnail

Originally posted by: ankit_nyc

πŸ˜› With all due respect, who cares what Terrence thinks of D sir? Terrence isn't giving work to D sir......the likes of Farah Khan are giving work to D sir.......the same Farah Khan that gave Terrence work as an assistant.......πŸ˜› 

You mean the same Farah Khan who Geeta has been working for as an assistant for many years and still hasnt been able to work as an independent choreographer?? πŸ˜› πŸ˜›