Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Spiahwe thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: Mihirism

Shakti to me in DID 2 was like Surya-Sneha to me in DID Doubles...every week I wished she was out but instead a good dancer would be gone ðŸ˜¡ like Parvez, Kruti, D-sir, Jack, Amar and so many. And if that wasn't enough, she ended up winning 🤢 Can you imagine Surya-Sneha ending up winning? Plus I believe TL was veryy partial towards her...she got his best concepts which I hated.

I did not see the entire DID 2 but i did see the finals and i saw the dances one episode b4 that. Shakti did get a good concept from TL. The one with the patriotic song. There was a group dance on the last day and i thought of all the finalist Shakti did a very bad job. She might have been good throughout the season but that one dance was so bad. I was surprised that she won.

Sorry to offend whoever i may have but that what i felt.
ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Spiahwe

I did not see the entire DID 2 but i did see the finals and i saw the dances one episode b4 that. Shakti did get a good concept from TL. The one with the patriotic song. There was a group dance on the last day and i thought of all the finalist Shakti did a very bad job. She might have been good throughout the season but that one dance was so bad. I was surprised that she won.

General public always appreciate patriotic concepts no matter what ðŸ˜› plus she had regional language songs which attracted voters from every region to vote ðŸ˜‰ for example my mom never liked her, but after the gujju section of the song, my mom was insisting me to vote for her ðŸ˜†
akanna thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Shakti to me in DID 2 was like Surya-Sneha to me in DID Doubles...every week I wished she was out but instead a good dancer would be gone ðŸ˜¡ like Parvez, Kruti, D-sir, Jack, Amar and so many. And if that wasn't enough, she ended up winning 🤢 Can you imagine Surya-Sneha ending up winning? Plus I believe TL was veryy partial towards her...she got his best concepts which I hated.

No Mihir, she was way better than Surya-Sneha.. You cannot compare apples with oranges... I agree Kruti was better than her, and I would have loved to see Kruti stay until the finale, and TL did too.. Whatever you think, the truth is that one elimination that broke TL's heart in DID2 was of Kruti, and then of Amar.. I never felt he was partial towards Shakti, I never understood why a misunderstanding like that came up?! TL gave the best concepts to Kruti if you notice the earlier episodes until Kruti's elimination.. After that Shakti was the only girl left in his team and so she got the best concepts for a female dancer.. She showed dedication and executed all of them very well too.. In  my eyes, she was the most deserving among the four finalists!!!

Honestly, the same way I felt Kruti was better than Shakti, Dharmesh was never better than Shakti or Amar or Kruti or Amrita!! No offense Mihir, but looking at dance alone and from the POV of someone who knows dance and dance forms, Dharmesh was a weak contestant with strength only in one style which is his own forte... I had nothing against him, but I like to speak the truth in the name of dance, not intended for a fight.. I had no regional bias for any dancers, because I didnt come from anyone's region I had liked, and the ones who came from my region didnt impress me!! When it comes to dance and music, I care less about regions!!
akanna thumbnail

General public always appreciate patriotic concepts no matter what ðŸ˜› plus she had regional language songs which attracted voters from every region to vote ðŸ˜‰ for example my mom never liked her, but after the gujju section of the song, my mom was insisting me to vote for her ðŸ˜†

I dont know about patriotic songs and public voting as I never voted for anyone based on that! But I dont get which regional language songs you are talking about that Shakti had done?? For me all her songs were Hindi or related to Hindi since they were from Bollywood movies! Never saw her perform on some song that was in a totally different language from Hindi... If she had performed on some song from the South or Bengali or the like, this would have made sense to me...
akanna thumbnail

Originally posted by: Spiahwe

LOL, Shakti was the ONLY contestant left in Terence's Toli in the week before the finale, so of course she got the best concept from him since it was a critical competition for both TL and Shakti!!!

In the group dance I didnt feel she did bad, if you are talking about everyone in golden outfits! Anyway I cared less about the finale performance as she had already proved she is very good during all the weeks on the DID2 show until the finale!!
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I agree with most of what you say but kruti didnt get better concepts than shakti.

shakti got the better ones..kruti was the better dancer.

I dont know whether it broke TL's heart or no but he sure knew who he was giving what concepts to
akanna thumbnail

Originally posted by: bandicoot

I agree with most of what you say but kruti didnt get better concepts than shakti.
shakti got the better ones..kruti was the better dancer.
I dont know whether it broke TL's heart or no but he sure knew who he was giving what concepts to

Kruti got eliminated too early! After that Shakti was the only female dancer left in TKT and so Shakti got the best concepts! I dont get it!! What should TL do after Kruti and Vandu were eliminated, call them back and give them his concepts?? It's after Kruti's elimination that Shakti started to get good solo concepts! Until then she shined in duets with Amar when Kruti had the chance to showcase so many different dance styles and concepts in both solo and duet acts!!!!
petticoat thumbnail
im talking about BEFORE Kruti's elimination
akanna thumbnail

Originally posted by: bandicoot

im talking about BEFORE Kruti's elimination

Before Kruti's elimination, Shakti didnt have done many solo acts! And she did most of her duets with Amar mainly.. Looking at contemporary solo acts, I liked Kruti's concept more than Shakti's.. I loved all of Amar-Shakti duets, and also of Parvez-Shakti, Amar-Kruti, Jack-Kruti, Jack-Shakti, and Parvez-Kruti.. I also liked Vandu's duet with Shakti as well as Kruti.. So I dont get it.. Because most of the memorable performances of Shakti's solo acts were done after Kruti's elimination whereas I remember almost all of Kruti's solo acts... I remember duets of both and enjoyed them too.. In that aspect then Parvez, Jack and Vandu would have to say that Amar, Kruti and Shakti always got the best than them!!
petticoat thumbnail
terrence played safe with shakti most of the time...she was good at contemprary/ballroom and he used her in those performances all the time(save one or two)..all the experimentation was done with kruti when compared to shakti

amar shakti duets were more popular and award worthy compared to any other of terrence's duets with kruti

terrence's best seemed to be reserved for shakti...or maybe because she was his student, he knew her strengths and used them

why only talk about solos..talk about duets where shakti was and duets were kruti was