Posted: 13 years ago
awesome update
loved it
cant wait 4 da next part
con soon
thanks 4 da pm

madhu.pmlist thumbnail
Note: Before I continue writing I wanted to clear up a few things that I failed to do so in my previous post.
1. Yes, Pinky is a Malayali. I wanted a fellow South Indian for the company of our lovely Geet πŸ˜†. And yes she does have an accent. It is not meant as an offense but in my head I can hear her literally talking that way. And it shall reflect in how she speaks, thus you can see in a few places T is replaced with D. That change is purposeful and if the word is really contorted I shall provide the actual word in brackets. I myself have a few Malayali friends whom I respect a lot. So I DONT mean any offense so please do not take it in any wrong way πŸ˜•

2. I forgot to mention what Manmatha Rasa meant. Some South Indian readers would have got the joke. Sorry for not clearing it to other readers who had no clue what it was. Manmatha Rasa litereally means Kamadeva, the God of Love. And the song Pinky refers to is a famous tamil song that became famous for its music so much so that it became an iconic song. Here is a link if anyone is interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY-JSvF4lRg. 

3. Only few people have responded to my question that I mentioned in my last post. 😭 As a writer I am eager to know what you guys are expecting so that I live upto those. So PLEASE do respond to whether you would like to see similar office Maaneet scenes, of course with my own masala added? 

4. And if you have noticed, Geet keeps call Maan, Jellyfish. The meaning and reason behind her name calling will be revealed soon but you are free to interpret what it means and post it until I give you guys the actual meaning. πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks Everyone for all the lovely comments! Really appreciate it. Your comments make me write more. So Please continue to shower your comments πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰. 
Shalve thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awesome... just loved it....
mitzi11 thumbnail
thanks for translating
for us i real appreciate
my dear yes love office
fun  & ur own masala
wow geet & pinky already
bond oh cant the showdown
between maan & geet
super hit update
pls cont soonnnnnnn
thanks pm
Edited by sharmake11 - 13 years ago
madhu.pmlist thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharmake11

thanks for translating

for us i real appreciate
my dear yes love office
fun  & ur own masala
wow geet & pinky already
bond oh cant the showdown
between maan & geet
super hit update
pls cont soonnnnnnn
thanks pm

Thanks for letting me know. yes i shall cont with office scenes πŸ˜‰
madhu.pmlist thumbnail
Chapter 10: A Web of Challenges
           "Ayyaho! Vaanagame vaiyagame, ennai vaazha veikkum Delhi-agame, innum intha kodumaiyilirunthu ennai neekavillaya? Muruga! En intha sothanai, vethanai vethanai! (Oh my! O Earth, O sky, and Delhi that helps me to survive, still haven't you rescued me from from this torture? Muruga! Why this test, I am disappointed) Muruga I told you not to let me meet with this man every again and now here he is standing right in front of me," Geet continued her soliloquy when suddenly Maan grabbed her shoulder.
            "Chup, bilkul chup," Maan commanded with fury dancing in his eyes.
            Geet was shaken by his sudden act and started wide with her hazel brown eyes and stood frozen.
            "Stop your nonsense," he reiterated, "main tumhe peecha nahi kar raha hoon, in fact I should be the one who should be asking this question. What the hell are you doing here?" he spat in anger.
            Geet was shocked to see his rage and stepped back a few steps before regaining her posture. Straightening herself, she stepped aside to directly address him, "Kadavule! (Bhagwan)," she said looking up and then looked down at Maan, "Darane ki koshish mat karna, I have seen a lot of people like you. I don't need to answer you. Like I said, please stop following me, and go away I need to meet with an important person here."
            Maan was annoyed that this woman, first accuses him of following her and on top of that telling him to get out of his own office. Did she have any clue who she was talking to? Maan Singh Khurana, the man who had scared the wits out of any person in front of him, and here she was screaming her head off. Unable to tolerate her nonstop chatter, he again grabbed her by her shoulder and this time shoved her into the nearest wall. "Agar ek aur lavz kaha na," he threatened her. "Just answer my question, what the hell are you doing here?" he said clenching his teeth.
            Maan's closeness startled her and his tightened grip gave her a lot of pain. She struggled to get out of his embrace, but looking into his wrathful eyes, "Mmm main yahan interview ke liye aayi," she stammered.
            "Accha, interview?" he said loosening his grip and haughtily said, "You come to Khurana constructions for interview aur tume pata bhi nahi ki is company ki MD he saat kaisa behave karna?" he asked while eyeing her dangerously.
            Her head shot up, she thought, "Ayyayo! (Oh no!) What had she done? She had picked up a fight with Maan Singh Khurana the man whom she had to work under. What a nice way to start the new job." "Aaa aap Maan Singh Khurana?" she muttered cursing her luck. Just then Adhi walked into the cabin with the papers to be greeted by Maan Singh Khurana angry gaze at Geet. Adhi was puzzled by Maan's expression brushing it off he walked nervously to Maan and wished him a good morning. At Adhi's arrival, Maan stepped back, walked to his chair, and sat down while Geet composed herself trying hard to conceal her perplexed expression. She gave a weak smile to Adhi as he handed the papers to Maan.
            "Ssss sir, yyyeh Geetanjali Handa, humari nayi Junior architect who is going to be working under Sasha," he stammered in the presence of his terror-striking boss. "She was one among the top students graduating from her University in architecture. And since our company looks for young talent, she was selected and she came here to give her final interview," he finished unsure of his boss' reaction.
            Maan gave a curt nod to Adhi and asked him to go out as he had a few things to discuss with Geet. She just looked back and forth at the exchange between Maan and Adhi and now Maan had declared that he had to discuss a few things with Geet. "Geetu inikki nee kaali di (today you are gone)," she told herself preparing for his get out dialogue. To her surprise he had a serene expression on his face and had asked her to take a seat in front of him. She hesitantly took a seat while Maan looked over her file and other documents Adhi had given him a few minutes ago. She closed her eyes tightly and gave a silent prayer to her Muruga, anyway he had left her to face her Maan alone, at least now he should help her stay strong and face the wrath of Maan Singh Khurana.
            Maan calmly placed all the papers back, folded his hands and looked at her. "So Miss Handa, as I can see you are one among the best in you university. Although I would love to throw you out with my own hands for your outrageous behavior, I cannot overlook at the fact that you have a good potential. At Khurana Constructions, we want the best, and you seem to be the best we can get. So I shall overlook your disrespectful way and give you this job," he said with authority.
            Geet's joy knew no bounds. Mr. Jellyfish was willing to overlook their unpleasant meeting and give her the job. May be he was not as selfish as she had assessed him to be, she thought. Her train of thoughts was interrupted when Maan cleared his throat to speak again.
             "But there is a catch. You shall be given this job only if you assent to be my secretary too," he said.
            Geet looked at his eyes, they looked as though they were ready to seek revenge from her at any moment soon. His cold expression and his strange condition scared her. Fearing the unexpected, she rose willing to walk away, when Maan smirked at her predictable behavior.
            "Kyun Miss Handa, I thought you never fear anything. Are you scared of working with me?" he asked chuckling.
            Geet was unsure how to answer his question. This was her dream job and giving it was not an option she favored; yet Maan's condition made her question her decision. If she gave up this opportunity it would be the biggest mistake of her life but trying to work around this man whom she had come to despise so easily, would be impossible. Weighing her options, she decided it would be best to not take up the offer because it would be no use working for a person who definitely had her in his bad books.
            "Okay Miss Handa, I guess I was right, you accept defeat very easily. You can stand no match to Maan Singh Khurana so please take your file and the way to the door is behind you," he said pointing to the door behind her.
            Wait, did he say I accept defeat very easily, she thought. Her ego was punctured; she shot a glare at him. No she would not let a random stranger decide her character. She would prove him wrong and that too right under his nose, working for him. She never accepted defeat very easily no matter how hard the task was. If she had to work double job to prove her skills then she would damn right prove that she was capable of it.
            "Nahi Mr. Maan Singh Khurana, I do not accept defeat very easily. Working double job as your secretary and as a junior architect is what proves to you that I am capable of winning a challenge, then be it so. I am ready," she held her head high and declared with finality.
            "That's very good Miss Handa, I shall call Adhi to let him know about the little change and he shall discuss other details with you. I would like to see you in office starting tomorrow sharp at nine. Now you can leave," he said turning his chair around to get back to the other things that needed his attention.
            Geet started at his back for a few seconds hoping he would change his mind. Having no other option, she quietly got up and exited thinking what she had gotten herself into. Either she could prove Maan Singh Khurana wrong by working up to his standards and be removed from his bad books or dig her own grave in the name of failing the challenge. Calling all the higher forces to help her sustain the vengeful Mr. Jellyfish Singh Khurana, she walked out of the office.
            Maan turned around to see Geet leave his cabin quietly. He had overcome his instincts to strangle her when she was screaming on top her lungs accusing him of felony. He had never seen a person as insane and strange as her. She had dared to step into his office and accuse him of following her around. Although he never tolerated improper behavior, looking at her certificates and papers showed that she was indeed good enough. It took him a lot of efforts to control his anger to accept her, but he wouldn't completely accept her without putting up a fight. He was the Maan Singh Khurana and she had to know that fighting a battle against him was equal to fighting a losing battle. He wanted to amuse himself by giving her a hard time; therefore he challenged her to work as his secretary too.  She had to pay a little prize for misbehaving with him and the best way to make her pay is to make her work right under him. He smiled at his decision, "Ab aayega mazaa!" he said knowing that it wont be long before she would decide to finally quit on her own and by that time he would have got his revenge. It was a win-win situation for him; he gave an evil smirk before settling back into his work. 

Here is the next part, as promised it is Maaneet scene πŸ˜‰. please do comment and hit the like button! Thanks for all the support. i didnt have time to check any mistakes please to ignore them i shall take a look at it tomorrow. 
Edited by Maaneet_09 - 13 years ago
debomaaneet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
very nice update...a
its nt a prblm at all...infact if we can once again go through d office-nokjhok/romance in dis ff...:) so m vry happy!! :)
thnks 4 dis wndrful opportunity..:)
cntnue....
meravigiliso thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
excellent and   flawless story .i love  your way of wrtiting .
ninavi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
lovelyy update πŸ˜Š
maaneet28 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Awsome update

luved it