Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NidhaA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Oh God Kathie...ur ff is just too good for words.........Maaneet are awsome.......i had missed your updates cayghtup with it only nw.....loved all the parts....eagerly waiting yaar.......plz do add me to your pm listEdited by Nidhsara - 13 years ago
yogita1382 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hey what happened why not updating this ff since long time
😭
Anemari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
opsyyyy....msk n poor geet...do add me in to PM list pls
yogita1382 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
hey where r u yaar
where the updates?
Please update the FF

ridhz21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
nice...
update soon ........do add me to ur pm list
kathie_berns thumbnail

Part 10:

'Wham', the paper weight smashed against the window pane shattering it into thousand tiny pieces. Maan was pacing around the room like a caged lion. He could not fathom just what the hell happened a moment ago. Was he the one in the pitiable state on the floor? Were they his own employees laughing at him on his face? How did he land on a heap of talcum powder at the entrance of his office was eating at him. There just had to be an explanation for this. Talc powder didn't just appear in the middle of nowhere just like that. He could smell the sickly fragrance of it even after he had changed his clothes. Could somebody have just played a prank on him? The very thought sent his nostrils flaring. He had to get to the bottom of this. He barked orders to his secretary to inform the workers in the maintenance department to come up to his cabin as soon as possible. Oh! How he just wanted to screw the life out of somebody this very moment!

Few seconds later, the maintenance men knocked on his door timidly. Their faces looked like they could face death better than to face the man's wrath standing with his back to them.

"Do I need to give you the reason as to why you are called here or can your rusted brains be smart enough to catch the reason?" he stated in a deadly whisper facing the view outside the window.

The workers saw the shattered pieces of glass and guessed just what kind of a mood their boss was in today. They dared not open their mouth.

"I want an answer!" he screamed at them. "Or else you will have to start searching for a job from tomorrow. Give me an explanation as to what happened near the entrance in the office. How did powder appear on the floor just before I entered; when I've heard that we have quite a good maintenance and sanitation department in this campus! Or has polishing the floor with talc powder become a new fashion?"

"Open your mouths!" he banged his fist on the table. "Now!"

At last a senior worker spoke up. "Sir, I'm sorry but we do not have an explanation as to the presence of talc powder on the floor. We just had the entire building cleaned up yesterday after all the employees left, and as to the entrance and the lobby, we have it swabbed every once in two hours. The entrance was just cleaned up ten minutes before your arrival." The others agreed in soft whispers.

He once again went back to staring outside the window. If these people actually did their job as they claimed, then there had to be some other explanation for the powder mystery. This was definitely a prank and he had an inkling as to who it was. Anyways he had no prior complaints regarding the maintenance of the company campus, so he couldn't just fire these people. Besides most of these workers were the sole bread winners of their family. He decided to give a warning and leave them.

"One more incident like this to be heard due to your negligence, and you are fired. Now get back to your work and if anybody finds any clue about this incident, do let me know." The workers were just content to get away from him. He took his seat and started spinning round and round in fury. He closed his eyes only to remember the images of laughing employees. Suddenly he thought of calling the receptionist. She would surely have seen something or much better, he could trick that fat goose into letting out something against that particular person. He told his secretary to send in the receptionist.

Moments later, pinky found herself in Maan Singh Khuraana's cabin for the first time. She was very nervous to be standing in front of her DD. "Sir, you called for me?" she enquired meekly, standing in front of him.

"Yes, miss Manchanda. I've received a complaint regarding your negligence towards work. It has come to my notice that you spend most of your time either chatting with other employees or on the phone. For instance, today an important client had called up in the morning around nine and could not get to us because the lines were continuously coming busy Were you on the phone?" he narrowed his eyes at her.

Pinky! Aaj thu gayi! She sobbed to herself. "No sir", she started blabbering. "I wasn't on the phone at that time."

"Then what were you doing?" he questioned her impatiently.

"I was talking with a co-employee. Geet" she answered nervously.

Geet! Geet Handa! That was the name he wanted to hear. So his suspicion was turning true. All thanks to this blabber mouth receptionist.

"I don not pay you to waste your time chatting way Miss Manchanda. Take care the next time or you'll have to resign."

"Sorry sir!" Pinky apologized and hurried away. Next he sent for the security guards to come to him with the employee record book. This book consisted of all the employee names, their time of arrival and time of departure.

Once the book reached his hands, he checked in the time details of Geet Handa. It was given to be 8.45am. But hadn't he just seen her entering the building when he had fallen down?

"There seems to be a mistake here. Miss Geet Handa was late yesterday, but the record shows that she signed in at 8.45am. Are you tampering with the records to show the employees punctual?" he questioned with a stare.

"No sir. Geet madam is very punctual. She did sign in herself at 8.45. The employees themselves sign in at the time or arrival and leaving." The guard informed him.

"Ok! You may leave."

Now he could see pieces of the puzzle falling together. Nice pretence to act as if she was entering the building when she had already executed her plan. Even in his anger he couldn't stop a smile from creeping up his lips. This had got to be the most childish stunt he had ever heard about. But remembering about the embarrassment wiped off his smile. Miss Handa! Start counting your days! He whispered icily'''''..

The laughter died down moments after it had commenced. All the employees who were laughing their heads of, now had a tense look on their face. Laughing at the boss didn't seem to be that good an idea now. And the worst part was, when the boss was in one of his moods, something very bad was bound to happen. Pinky was called too, though for what reason nobody knew. The morning meeting of the trainees with the boss too was cancelled. Geet started to get a little worried now. Could he have found out the person behind his embarrassment? She knew that man enough to know that he would join the heavens and earth to find out who did it. But she relaxed, thinking it was a tedious process to find out one person from the countless employees. It would be like searching for a needle in a haystack.

Morning turned to evening and there was no news of Maan Singh Khuraana. As the sun set, Meera,Pinky and Geet made their way home.

"I nearly got jacked today. I wonder which idiot would complain against me!" Pinky muttered angrily as she narrated the entire incident to them and finally apologized to Geet. "Geet, I'm really sorry. When sir blamed me of wasting time chatting on the phone today morning, I defended myself saying that I was talking to you. So my advance apologies if you get blasted at tomorrow, for wasting time".

Geet smiled half heartedly having a sinking feeling in her heart that trouble was going to come ahead when pinky blabbered out her name in front of him. Anyways, she would deal with that the next day. It was not like he had found out about her, she reasoned with herself.

Pinky suggested going for a late night film since Mr. Manchanda wasn't at home, so they were on their way'''''..

The next day as Geet entered the KC campus, and signed the employee record, the security guard who was quite friendly told her about the confusion of her time of arrival the previous day, and how the boss was adamant on proving she was not punctual. The guard announced proudly how he had defended her telling him she was quite punctual and she always arrived before time.

Geet thanked him while inwardly the dread started to grow within her. She had a gut feeling he had found out everything.

As Geet and the other team members were gathered in the reception area, they were asked to be present in the boss's cabin in 5 minutes. Geet was getting pale by the minute. Should she apologize before he took it too far? No way, was she going to apologize to that hot headed demon. She just didn't want to come face to face with him but Yash dragged her saying that they were already getting late.

She entered his cabin bracing herself for an outburst, but strange enough she saw a cool and composed Maan Singh Khuraana seated before them, going through some files.

"Good Morning!" he addressed them, his eyes lingering for a moment longer on Geet." I could not meet up with you yesterday as I had some important issues to be handled. Now, getting to the point, I have some good news for you. My friend and client Mr. Chopra on my request is ready to have one of his projects handled by you. I must say I'm quite impressed with your certificates and it is time you prove those certificates worth. Speaking about the person to be handling this project, since my architect Sasha has a high opinion about her, Miss Geet Handa will do the job of handling this project alone" , he stated coolly. Everyone looked at Geet's shocked face''..

precap: the secret behind the projectπŸ˜‰

part 11

guys, i'm really sorry for the late update. since you all have been so patient with me, i'll try updating three more parts by the weekend. but on one condition, lots of commπŸ˜›ents...

Edited by kathie_berns - 13 years ago
RageOfAnAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Res

Hey dear πŸ€— you updated ; moi's very happy πŸ˜ƒ
Although MSK may be tough but in this update a flicker of sensitivity was shown ....."he couldn't just fire these people. Besides most of these workers were the sole bread owners of their family. He decided to give a warning and leave them." ; this part actually gave a sneak peek inside his hard exterior . The man is virtuous & does have compassion 

In any case , now , that he's aware of who's behind it then even he smiled @ her childish pranks πŸ˜³ πŸ˜›
Well he's giving her a Big n important project ; this is interesting .

Loved the update .....❀️
Edited by drashsree100 - 13 years ago
LuvScooby thumbnail
What is MSK cooking up now, it  looks fishy  to me πŸ˜ƒ  Nice update, I hope the next one is soon
-Veritaserum- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Gr8 part..... loved it
-memorable- thumbnail
maan found out about geet's prank....she is gone now πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†