•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago
Versatile Meiyang Chang now dances his way to win Jhalak Dikhla Jaa
Published: Wednesday, Mar 9, 2011, 0:44 IST
Place: Mumbai | Agency: PTI

Meiyang Chang

Adding another feather to his cap, singer-actor-TV host Meiyang Chang tonight won the fourth season of popular dance reality TV show Jhalak Dikhla Jaa.

Chang, a professional dentist-turned singer-actor and now a dancer, won the coveted title after beating 'item girl' Yana Gupta and TV actor Sushant Singh Rajput of the Pavitra Rishta fame.

The 28-year-old said he was surprised at his win in the show, aired on Sony TV, where actor Madhuri Dixit-Nene was one of the three judges.

"I am extremely happy and feel fortunate to have won the show. I never thought I would win it. I feel it's my dedication and hard work that helped me. I feel indebted to my choreographer Marischa Fernandes, esteemed judges and the audience, who believed in me," he told Press Trust of India.

Chang and his choreographer Marischa won a cash prize of Rs25 lakh each. Rajput won the 'most spotless performance' award and walked away with a prize money of Rs5 lakh.

Besides Dixit-Nene, sultry actress Malaika Arora Khan and ace choreographer Remo D'souza were the other judges.

"We wish Meiyang Chang all the luck for his future endeavours and request him to keep his new found skill alive. It was a difficult task for all of us to come to a decision and pick up a winner," Dixit-Nene said.

"He has transformed from a non-dancer to a dancer. He is the perfect example of an underdog," Remo said.

Chang first came into limelight after he participated in reality show Indian Idol. He made his acting debut with Yash Raj Film's Badmaash Company alongside actors Shahid Kapoor and Anushka Sharma.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_versatile-meiyang-chang-now-dances-his-way-to-win-jhalak-dikhla-jaa_1517557