Celebrating Brilliance : Sushant and Shampa :)

Riddikulus thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
There aren't too many occasions that would make me want to do this. But today being one such, here I am. At the risk of sounding almost fan-girlish, and for once hardly caring that I do, I dedicate this post to Sushant Singh Rajput and Shampa Sonthalia, two people Jhalak introduced me to, and will now never let me forget.

I tend to ramble at times like these, and I'll make no brave attempt at being concise today. Do forgive the tedium, if that's what this post eventually comes to.

Sushant Singh Rajput...The first time I saw him was on Zara Nachke Dikha, prior to which I had no idea who he was, and after which, all I knew was that he danced fairly well, had one of the most endearing smiles Indian Television has seen in a while, and that was about it. ZNKD, as those who watched will know, was not a particularly spotless run for Sushant. He started out well, then faltered for a bit, caught back on, and then faltered some more through the course of the show. Not being a fan of his from before, I didn't exactly fawn over him when he was on stage to note every move and shake, especially when he wasn't doing all that great to begin with. Of all the performances I've watched there, I remember only two, one of which happens to remain one of my favourite performances of his till date. But those apart, there wasn't much else for me to go by. The show ended, I hardly saw him after it did, and that was that. Then along came Jhalak, and when I read he was in it, I was pleasantly looking forward to watching him among others in a detached, disconnected sort of way. His first performance was okay, not too great, and pretty much in keeping with his ZNKD stint. But then the second week and its accompanying 30 happened, and the rest, as they say, is history. I watched him hit a level I had not seen him hit before, and that eventually became a level no participant of Jhalak had ever even come close to hitting in all four seasons. There really isn't much to say of it, to be honest. He danced his heart and soul out on that stage, and I could see and feel it. The 30's, the 'Perfect's the 'This Is It's, the 'Performance of the Day's...they've all happened for a reason, and speak for themselves.

Shampa Sonthalia...Unlike Sushant, whom I was at least familiar with from earlier, Shampa was someone I had never seen or heard of before. A lot of choreographers return to Jhalak in its ongoing seasons, and I had become used to more or less familiar faces around. This season, however, has brought in the largest amount of new choreographing talent out of all the three seasons past, and Shampa is a find to be reckoned with, and how. I remember feeling a bit apprehensive during and after the first episode, because I knew Sushant had potential, and that it would take a really good choreographer to tap it to its utmost limits, something I had rued over on ZNKD more than once. The first act didn't go great guns, and I was beginning to wonder if this was going to stay that way. Then came the Horror themed Salsa, and as much as I was floored by Sushant, I was swept off my feet and buoyed away by the merry wave of creativity that was Shampa. And let it suffice to say that I never got back on them through the thirteen weeks that followed. Contemporary, Flamenco, Lyrical Hip-Hop, Samba, Jazz...whatever came out of that head of hers, she danced out on stage with that heart of hers. And accompanied by Sushant, the only word that sufficiently sums up what all of it translated into for me, is Magic.

Together, Sushant and Shampa were what I would term a Dream Team. His conceptualisation plus her choreography, multiplied by their creativity and intrinsic talent and amplified by sheer hard work, gave me as a viewer the mathematical sum total of Brilliance on that stage. 'Nuff said.

Now that the show's over, and the results are out, I have only one thing to say. Sushant and Shampa, for me, deserved the win, and it's really sad that they didn't get it. But what they did get, and what is and will remain unquestionable for life, is a lot of respect and a lot of love from a LOT of those who watched them come, perform and conquer every single time they set foot on that stage. Absolutely and Completely.

God bless you, Sushant and Shampa, and all the best for wherever life takes you guys from here on! πŸ€—

Okay, and so, as I conclude on this nostalgic note, I think I'll direct you guys to Nikita's post at the bottom of this page for a much needed move towards a happy, healthy and celebratory discussion of this duo. Read on, and we'd love to hear what you have to say! 😊
Edited by nandinidev - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sanaa_s thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
LOVELY POST !!!πŸ‘πŸΌ 

beautiful post. All I can say is .... this pair always brought a smile to my face πŸ˜ƒ Sushant & Shampa grace personified. I'll cherish all their performances and look back at Jhalak with fond memories of these 2 amazing performers. Sushant is scaling new heights with awards and trophies all through this season, hope better avenues open up for Shampa , she deserves all the success that is in store for her πŸ˜ƒ
sanaa_s thumbnail
and we all sushant ankita fans dont have to prove anything to anyone  ....we know who was deserving in jdj 4 !!
so just chill πŸ˜‰

..Sonii.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Excellent post Nandini, πŸ‘

All they give us the beautiful memories to cherish for time to come
Kudos to both Sushant and Shampa......πŸ‘

Heres something or my favorite jodi

beautiful post nandini.. i loved reading it... SuSMpa performances always take me another world and put you in some sort of  trance. their dance is art because, they hypnotise you and lead you by the arms into their world of music, dance and just expressions.

their performances have the ability to move people and make them think, send a message, make us laugh. 

"The Dancer believes that his art has something to say which cannot be expressed in words or in any other way than by dancing... there are times when the simple dignity of movement can fulfill the function of a volume of words. There are movements which impinge upon the nerves with a strength that is incomparable, for movement has power to stir the senses and emotions, unique in itself. This is the dancer's justification for being, and his reason for searching further for deeper aspects of his art." ~Doris Humphrey, 1937

i think the above quote is apt and symbolises sushant and shampa
farheen_s thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
nice article..! i love u shushant n shampa, u r perfect dancerz!! n u r the winnerz in my eyes!!
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Lovely post Nandini!!!

(As I PMed you, I'm merging this post into this thread)

Alright, Chang and Marischa are the winners of JDJ 4 (congrats to them for that πŸ‘ ) and there are numerous threads wishing them and raving about how wonderful they were.

However, there was one more award this evening-- the Ujala Spotless Performers Award for the Most Consistent Jodi which was bagged by the very deserving Sushant and Shampa.πŸ‘

If JDJ Trophy be considered the Popular award, then I guess the Most Consistent Jodi can be called the Critics Award, what say??? And since both awards are important in their own light, a round of applause to both!!!

πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Coming to Sushant and Shampa....Hmm... what have they done to deserve this award??? Lets see:::

POTD for 10 weeks out of 12 weeks of performance!πŸ‘
Scoring a full 30 9 times in 12 weeks of performance! πŸ˜² 
Getting 10's 2 times in the relay acts!
Getting a "This is IT".... ummm... I forgot.... how many times..πŸ˜•
Getting a 'purr-fect' from Madhuri, umm... 6 times??? πŸ˜•
Being termed as 'the highlight of the show' by Malaika.

They came up with lovely concepts and themes all the times. Every performance had something special in it-- no two performances generated the same feelings in you, some made us laugh, some made us blush, some made us just go Aww... some were nostalgic and highly emotional, some were patriotic and fiery and so on.

They tried different dance forms  (in order of appearance πŸ˜† ) like Jazz, Salsa, Chhau, Contemporary, Locking and Popping, Bollywood, Flamenco, Aerial act, Lyrical Hip hop, Hip hop, Samba, Disco, Chinese Dai and Yi and Martial arts and so on!!!

Even in rounds where no special dance forms were specified/required, they did special forms like Lyrical hip hop (rehna tu) and Flamenco (Colours theme) rather than sticking to their strengths. And all garnered good response.

And so how about discussing:

1.) Your thoughts on the Jodi and their performances and why you like them.

2.) What do you think were their strengths/weakness if any?

3.) Your favourite Sushant-Shampa performance?

And anything else you would like to share about them.

Lets all make this a peaceful thread and remember some of the best performances given by this fantastic duo this season.
CuteCherry thumbnail
AWESOME post NandiniπŸ‘πŸΌ

what Sushant and Shampa did in JDJ is something that no one had ever done before and i doubt anyone can do it in future seasons of JDJ . they set the standards so high and i think it's impossible for anyone to match up to their level now.their performances has always been BRILLIANT, OUTSTANDING, AMAZING, OUT OF THIS WORLD, AWESOME and the BEST!!!πŸ‘ they always entertained us with new concepts,awesome choreography and dance. they gave meaning to their each and every performances and kept living up with the judges and audiences expectation and always gave their best.πŸ˜ƒ

i am so glad that Sushant got a choregrapher like shampa and shampa got a dancer like Sushant.😊 they both complimented each other so well. Sushant's concept and Shampa's choreography mixed created magic on the stage. they both had a power that drove people towards them and made them believe on their performances. i don't think JDJ will ever experience another pair like SuMpa they are just unique and irreplaceable.πŸ˜ƒ

lastly Congratulation to both of them for winning the Most consistent performer of the season and it was well deserved going with what they have achieved through JDJπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΌ

i am gonna miss their performances so much😭 but overall they made JDJ worth to watch it this season and hope Shampa get's higher success in her career and gets lots of offers. and same goes to sushant even though he has achieved so much in such less time, i want him to be even more successful in his life and achieve greater heights.πŸ˜ƒ
CuteCherry thumbnail
also here is what i posted on sushant's At and i am going to post it here too.since this is a thread to celebrate their brilliance.πŸ˜ƒas a fan we should all be proud of what he has achieved in his Jhalak experience and it's coming from our own sushiπŸ‘

1. 6 "perfects" from madhuriπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘
2. 4 hugs from madhuri😳
3. 9 times "this is it" from remoπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΌ
4. 10 times performer of the dayπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΌ
5. 8 times full on 30πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΌ

i must say it's quite an ACHIEVEMENT!πŸ‘ and nobody has ever gotten what Sushant has earned in JDJ and it's bigger than the JDJ trophy for sure cuz past seasons winners have been getting the title but no one achieved what he achieved in these past 13 weeksπŸ˜ƒhe created history by achieving all of the above.πŸ‘

Go Sushant Go!!!  U r a Rockstar and the TRUE WINNER! 

WE ARE VERY PROUD TO BE UR FAN!πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by CuteCherry - 13 years ago