Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

smartc thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
@ divmath: I admire how you are such an opponent of the on-screen pairing of Jagat-Gauri and rightly so. I see the premise behind it that if they show Anandi and Jagya resolving their differences, then the whole concept of child-marriage is goint to be tossed out the window and it would, in contradiction, prove that everything works out just fine and like fairy tales in the end. Also, I understand your views of looking at Jagat-Gauri's relationship as one that's based on true love rather than physical attraction. So let me pose this to u:

1. Would u want the optimistic/lovely/trustworthy girl like Gauri to hook up with a deceitful/liar/untrustworthy/two-timer of a guy like Jagat? What justifies his concealing his true identity and details about his married life to her? I am sure this thought must have crossed your mind at some point 😊

2. It is already established that Jagat wanted Anandi to satisfy his physical needs. What gives the guarantee though that he won't fall for the next chick who is doing her FRCPS in London or States when he flies abroad to do his specialization and find a new perspective in his life over there too, thus leaving Gauri behind? It can happen right. After all, he was so quick to jump on the bandwagon of transition from a "ganwaar village" (as he puts it) to a city babu. So for him, there's no stopping him from leaving Gauri for someone with more knowledge and much more modern than Gauri once he meets her. He has no shame to abide by his ethics or cultural values anyways. Would you want a character like that to get hitched with someone like Gauri? Certainly no..

Bottom line is: Any relationship based on lies and deceit is bound to crumble either under pressure, over time or subject to the monotony of life. Theirs is such relationship from Jagat's side. I don't blame Gauri because she's being kept in the dark. But I do hope that Jagat's trumpet is blown soon now and both girls end up tossing him out of their lives.

If anything that's coming out of the show right now, its the fact cheating and deception is fairly easy to fall a prey to in this world.. And that's a lesson in itself. That can happen to anyone, be it someone having a child-marriage or a love-marriage.

Cheers,
Sana~
hridhya thumbnail

Hats off to Lal singh.Both Gauri and Anandi should kick Jagiya out.

divmath thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: smartc

@ divmath: I admire how you are such an opponent of the on-screen pairing of Jagat-Gauri and rightly so. I see the premise behind it that if they show Anandi and Jagya resolving their differences, then the whole concept of child-marriage is goint to be tossed out the window and it would, in contradiction, prove that everything works out just fine and like fairy tales in the end. Also, I understand your views of looking at Jagat-Gauri's relationship as one that's based on true love rather than physical attraction. So let me pose this to u:

1. Would u want the optimistic/lovely/trustworthy girl like Gauri to hook up with a deceitful/liar/untrustworthy/two-timer of a guy like Jagat? What justifies his concealing his true identity and details about his married life to her? I am sure this thought must have crossed your mind at some point 😊

As of now what I am supporting is Jagat falling in love with Gauri.....I feel thats completely natural and its perfectly fine if he wants a life partner of his choice...however if you have read all my posts, I am not in favor of Jagat/Jagya lying, I dont support his rude behavior towards Anandi or others...and Gauri is a good girl, I like her...thats the reaason I want Jagat to come clean about his past, present and also future, as to what he wants...then its upto Gauri..how she takes it....whether she forgives him or punishes him...thats something we need to wait and watch and I cant comment on that....it all depends on how the CV's take the story forward...whether they will turn Gauri negative or she will support Anandi to fight against all the injustice....I am waiting to see how the story unfolds in future...

2. It is already established that Jagat wanted Anandi to satisfy his physical needs. What gives the guarantee though that he won't fall for the next chick who is doing her FRCPS in London or States when he flies abroad to do his specialization and find a new perspective in his life over there too, thus leaving Gauri behind? It can happen right. After all, he was so quick to jump on the bandwagon of transition from a "ganwaar village" (as he puts it) to a city babu. So for him, there's no stopping him from leaving Gauri for someone with more knowledge and much more modern than Gauri once he meets her. He has no shame to abide by his ethics or cultural values anyways. Would you want a character like that to get hitched with someone like Gauri? Certainly no..

Bottom line is: Any relationship based on lies and deceit is bound to crumble either under pressure, over time or subject to the monotony of life. Theirs is such relationship from Jagat's side. I don't blame Gauri because she's being kept in the dark. But I do hope that Jagat's trumpet is blown soon now and both girls end up tossing him out of their lives. 

@ Bold - I agree completely...even I want Jagat's truth to be out asap...coz no relationship can sustain on foundation of lies...I have said this several times πŸ˜Š

If anything that's coming out of the show right now, its the fact cheating and deception is fairly easy to fall a prey to in this world.. And that's a lesson in itself. That can happen to anyone, be it someone having a child-marriage or a love-marriage.

Yes..cheating and deception can happen in any relationship...but in this show its more to show the evils of child marriage...that how a person's (both the boy or the girl) choice and liking can change when he/she grows up...because they never got a chance to choose their life partner... 

and btw my name is Divya πŸ˜Š

Cheers,
Sana~

Edited by divmath - 13 years ago
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: smartc

Cheers,
Sana~

Points very well covered by you but these have been discussed many times by the viewers of BV especially the loyal viewers.

I can accept everything that has happened as a result of child marriage, Raging hormones, freedom in a big city, attraction, infatuation, even love for another since Jagya  and  Anandi did not really have a choice in this. Even some white lies.........to keep Gauri happy.

I have a problem with what they have now done to Jagya's character................they are turning him into a pathological liar.........which is what happens when you get caught up in your lies because then one lie leads to another. Jagya's behavior towards Anandi has been pretty despicable at times.............that was not entirely necessary. Turning your back on old friends............these do not change whether you are in a big city or small.........these are values taught at home and I have serious problems with some of these characteristic flaws that are being shown.

While trying to show the ills of a child marriage, the CV's are also showing that all of these changes to characteristics happen........now maybe they do for some ..........but one message should not overtake the original message of the show and one that is as bad as a child marriage.

I cannot think of a single member who has liked what Jagya has turned to............and the sympathy is for Gauri and Anandi now as they are the ones being lied to. The answer to banning all child marriages should not end up being based on Jagya's bad and lying behavior but should rest on the main issues.

I fear this is becoming more of a family drama and love triangle and that is a worry. I liked many of the points you made because finally it is all about perception isn't it???😊

sevak thumbnail
way to go Anandi - but beware - this will lead to further differences with Jagya
smartc thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
@ Divya: Thanxx for the heads-up. Oh, so much easier to type this name than divmath *hehehe*

I have seen your posts in the past and I do know your stance on Jagat's web of lies. This is why I used the word "admire" in regards to your views about him and Gauri. You are able to separate the worst from the bad actually πŸ˜³. The possibility of Gauri turning negative (the whole theory about her being the 2nd wife of Jagat anyways) is highly plausable. However, like "groucho" mentioned above, the premise of the show is shifting from the detrimental effects of child marriage towards the whole cheating, deception, affairs, in-short, saas-bahu saga again. Like you, I am anxiously waiting to see what unfolds next but for me, the most watchable track would be to see how Jagat's character is salvaged in the midst of this, if that's the intent eventually.

@ groucho: I don't know if I would be classified as a "loyal viewer" or not but I have been following the show since its inception. However, I've just been a silent lurker around. Never had a chance to interact much here or read previous posts until recently. But something just couldn't stop me from posting my thoughts once I see the monster of a character Jagat has been transforming into.. Thanks for liking the views though 😳

You are right on the money there about Jagat being a pathological liar and the show drifting away from its premise. For me, cheating and deception can happen in any relationship. Some relationships may be more prone to it than others and hence, this is being tied into the whole child-marriage concept but then again, it is a personal conviction into one's cultural, ethical and moral values that distinguishes a Lal Singh from a Jagat/Jagya.

Indeed, perception is what it boils down to and this is why we are all here to discuss our different perspectives, ain't we now? πŸ˜‰

Great discussion y'all.. Nite from my side 😊 ~

Cheers,
Sana~
-SweetGirl- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks a lot for lovely Updates Piyo...Liked Aanandi's attitude toward Jagya..But Jagya is totaly gone case to feel regret  or reform...Poor Girl.....
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I just cannot believe that Jagya loves Gauri I hate the storyline is their going to be a 3 year leap? I heard that is what is going to happen I want Anandi and Jagya not Jagya Gauri😭