Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
n what cab be BM???????...........🤣
aysha_mayur thumbnail

We want to be the next driver in business in fiction' - Deepak Dhar

Monday, February 28, 2011 | 8:08:30 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    22 Comments
'We want to be the next driver in business in fiction' - Deepak Dhar

Deepak Dhar, Managing Director, Endemol India talks about the channel's first independent fiction property Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar, and about future plans..

After coming up with lot many huge properties in the non-fiction genre, Endemol India is now all set to launch its very first independent fiction property in Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar on Sony Entertainment Television.

Here is Deepak Dhar, Managing Director, Endemol India in an exclusive conversation with TellyBuzz wherein he talks about the next big goal of churning out few unique and differentiated fiction properties..

Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar is Endemol India's first independent fiction launch. Why did it take so long in coming?
Endemol India has given some huge properties to the field of entertainment, and now we are working hard on our fiction genre. As you know, we are co-producing many fiction shows, and this has been a gradual process.

Tell us about the concept and USP of the new show on Sony?
Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar has a unique story to tell. This is a love story that emerges in the northern part of the country. It is the story of two families which are intertwined. 

Can we call it a pure love story?
We always have families involved in love stories. This show will have a range of emotions coming out from the two families, but romance is always the critical part of the story line.

Why Sony Entertainment Television?
Sony has supported us well in the casting process, and in every step of characterization. We are together coming up with a unique tale of fiction, and we are happy with the product.

What went into the casting of Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar?
We were looking for experienced faces who have a standing in fiction genre. For leads, we opted for new faces and have got interesting and endearing faces. We went thro' a very extensive casting process and have brought in the best. The outcome will be a fresh chemistry between the leads. We have experienced actors like Kiran Kumar and are looking forward to associating with him.

The promo of Chhajje looks similar to the pre-launch promo of Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam. What do you have to say?
That's just a perception you have. This is a very different love story and there are no similarities whatsoever.

Endemol has been co-producing their fiction shows with Star like Sabki Laadli Bebo, Miley Jab Hum Tum, Geet Hui Sabse Parayi. Is this the next big leap for the production house?
Yes, we are now concentrating on fiction. We have been steadily growing this in the backyard, but now we are getting it to the front. We are developing a lot of stories, especially the character driven ones and want to be the next driver in business when it comes to fiction.

When you are co producing a fiction show, what level of involvement do you have in the creative issues?
The scenario is not very different when we are co-producing a show. Every show is important to us and we give 100% in both the creative and production aspects. We have our absolute say in everything. Even in co-production, we have put in a lot of money, time and effort to build properties that have become a brand today. Take for example, Miley Jab Hum Tum which has been really very popular. We have been associating with great ideas and great partners and the results have been good.

Viewers have been demanding the comeback of Miley Jab Hum Tum, is there any room for it?
Yes, we are looking into it and are into developing the story line

OMGGGGGGGGGGG...........They are planning for MJHT season 3😃

aysha_mayur thumbnail
I m soooooo happy............Hope PMMKA wraps up quickly and Arti agree to it............🤪🥳
aysha_mayur thumbnail
I m already missing Mayur a lot
ayshu🤗

but i m really sceptic of this news.......mjht was always a young hearted college story- what they go this time for proper young & some good new leads🤔
aysha_mayur thumbnail

aysha_mayur thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shivani1arti

ayshu🤗

but i m really sceptic of this news.......mjht was always a young hearted college story- what they go this time for proper young & some good new leads🤔

Shiviiiiiiiiii🤗

Oh no MJHT just means Mayur i.e. Arti.....I won't be able to see other persons in place of Mayank Nupur........but they should know na that it got popular because of the leads......so they should bring the old cast back
i freaking love that siggy- i was super-impressed by mjht gang performasnce on zara nach ke dikha....& watched mjht from the start..........it was exciting mjht- i simply loved the show

Originally posted by: aysha_mayur

Shiviiiiiiiiii🤗

Oh no MJHT just means Mayur i.e. Arti.....I won't be able to see other persons in place of Mayank Nupur........but they should know na that it got popular because of the leads......so they should bring the old cast back

as much as i root for arti but it's the story that rules the cake....see even with arti mjht struggled with trps..........i really wish they go for old leads- fresh setting & story but u may never know - a college show this is- they may go for some equally bright talent in the country.........