rebelqueen thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

hi everybody

ok-if u guys c todays' hindi cinema,there has been sooo much change over the past 2 yrs.we r blindly copying the west..there's so much skin show-so much vulgarity,..etc..now even westrn way of music seems 2 b in vogue-i mean the rap songs-the remixes-in all this bolloywood is losing its individuality and charm

b4 if ny1 thought of bollywood-it wud b thought of as where there is lot o0f naach-gaana,music,pomp..and "happy-endings".now it's all changed.all 1 can say is this movie's a remake of this and this 1 of that....

so what do u ppl think....is this change gud-if so y?

if not also y

thanks a lot😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Willows thumbnail
i agree people here are either devoid of ideas or they just do not want to use their thinking skills, however i would say that change is necessary though i agree with the point of skin shows and rap songs, the technical aspects have also improved, to that extent it is fine with imitating the west.

regarding the skin shows, i think nothing sells like that, and it is necessary to sell or movies would be made, i beleive we find it akward because people in india do not publicly display their affections, infact considering that we are the second most populous country on the earth is an indicator of how much active we are in this matter.

yes indeed it can change for good and skin show can be done in more asthethic manner and the movies be based on our culture, and values.Edited by Willows - 18 years ago
nightangel thumbnail
I would say 50% rite 50 wrong... 😳
hazelgirl thumbnail
as long as the film is worth watching i dnt mind if it is copied fr the west 😛 😛
Henna 786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
tru we have lost our individuality more skin in the directors eyes means more audiences i think its disgustin' E.G Neal 'n' Nikki
Traveller thumbnail
i think that hindi cinema is definetly losing its character and its unique qualities ..its merging with the west and actually if u go to see there is hardly anything in the hindi cinemas that is original....i think that hindi cinema should definetly come up with original ideas and quit copying..for its own good coz it can never be on par with hollywood...on the other hand if bollywood stuck to its age old notions of good acting,traditional outfits and songs,music it would definetly do it good..
😊
rebelqueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: Traveller

i think that hindi cinema should definetly come up with original ideas and quit copying..for its own good coz it can never be on par with hollywood...on the other hand if bollywood stuck to its age old notions of good acting,traditional outfits and songs,music it would definetly do it good..
😊

hey i don't agree that bollywood can never b as gud as hollywood.....i think bolly and hollywood have it's own loyal viewers--so 2 some bollly is best and 2 some..holly's best....o i don't agree there--but yeah..bolly must stick on 2 it's age old notions-if not all at least some of them

Yorkie thumbnail
I think that bollywood has changed a lot over the years... The only part I don't like too well is the fact that there are hardly that many new releases that a family (including children) can sit and watch together. I remember when I used to watch Hum Aapke Hain Koun, Maine Pyar Kiya, Hum Hain Raahi Pyar Ke, Etc.. with my parents when they first came out. You just can't really do that with these new films because most of them are so disgusting.
Rindam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I havent seen any of the newer Gen X movies except Dhoom. I loved Dhoom, whats not to like, Hayabusa's and John Abraham, rocking music and nice shots.

Every culture evolves over time, Every kind of movie must find it's place in Indian cinema too. We cannot keep making only social dramas and happy families or love stories, there are already so many families on television. How many colors of sarees do we want to see and how many times will the flowers get wet with the saree.

Western movies too have many kinds, period dramas, serious thought provoking ones, mushy romance and absolute junk. Indian movie making must not take a step backward for fear of us losing our culture.

Indian culture is not slave to the movies it is because of families. Watching a three hour show and spending a 100-200Rs for it is not going to change one's lifestyle.
I could go watch Dhoom or Jism but surely am not to prance around in a bikini in Mumbai if I had my mind in the right place.
indiaforums1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I agree that change is important in any culture. It is an indicator of the progress of a civilization.

But the form that indian film industry has taken in recent times - I would not call it progress. Copying the vulgar side of another culture is surely not a step forward. I am up for a change, but let's make the change creatively. Indian films do not have any systematic rating method and restrictions. Children are basically allowed to see anything.

And rindham, may be old people are not prone to change, but these actors and actresses are trendsetters for small children. They will follow them brining in a change in lifestyle and huge generation gap.