Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago
noi matter how hard you try and do make up of that shaurya he looks total womanly, weak and chakkkaa

shee kya boring combi hai diya and shaurya, hey look worse than the QSQT jodi aamir and juhi -

bilkul akdam cotton balls they are

infact aadi-tanish look matured and good skin and appeal in them
Nandalala thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I know this thread is about Raghav vs Shaurya, but I would like to make another comparison...Aditya (Gajji's son) is now about the same age as Raghav was pre-leap...but doesn't he seem so immature compared to Raghav?  While both portray a similar 'laadla' relationship w/ Ammaji, Raghav seemed a lot more confident!  I really do think this has A LOT to do with how Aditya Redij played the role.

Among the current lot, Karan is about the closest thing to Raghav, but his equation to Ammaji is completely different.  He is basically a man Friday for everyone in that house....I do hope they build on his character...he is about the only thing worth watching...
Nandalala thumbnail

Originally posted by: poetic

Same here Madhu and Nandalala. RaSia's romance had been developed very subtly and beautifully.

Hope hey come together back on screen soon.

Aiyooo, Poet, ur DP.....😍
Edited by Nandalala - 13 years ago
Hesperus thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I too don't think, that one can compare Shaurya with Raghav. Those are two totally different characters, with different personalities. I'm not such a big fan of RaSia, but even I liked Raghav's proposal better 😒 For Shaurya it was just too early, as the boy got  recently aware of his feelings for Dia and of course Dia's reaction was different from Sia's, coz till this very moment she wasn't even aware of any feelings for Shaurya, unlike Sia in that situation 😆 So, RaSia's was more mature and Raghav's proposal nicer.

Though, I like SD as a couple, I'm note such a huge fan of them either (I've other favourites), I think those two just need time, especially Dia, who doesn't even know, what she's supposed to feel for the guy. Therefore their love needs a bit time to flower 😆 
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@ Shon - Though I certainly don't have any feelings for this younger lot (and I hope I am not offending anyone here with my views) yet, calling names is not fair.

Let the characters be. It's what the CVs have created for time being - God only knows for how long they will stand and support by them.

@hesperus - Why was the proposal early for Shaurya? I remember Raghav also proposing to Sia pretty soon. But that proposal had a lot of character, can't say the same about the present one though. Anyway, Laado is more like any other college soap now (with some amount of mush), with VKG thrown in for a good measure.
Hesperus thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
@poetic: I just felt that it was pretty soon for him, that's it. Truth to be said, I don't know exactly how and when Raghav's and Sia's relationship started, coz I started to watch it a bit later and to this time they showed cutbacks of all the episodes of NAIDL before on Colors 😳 I think, no one can deny, that Raghav's and Sia's love was more mature than Shaurya and Dia's 😆 Though, for me it doesn't really matter, since SD doesn't interest me that much, my likings lie elswhere 😆
stupidestwatch thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: madhu_sridhar

hey..i'm a silent reader of this forum...and i just could'nt stop myself from replying after i spotted raghav's name...and as for raghav vs shaurya...

raghav was in every way, a complete package...his character had almost every shade in it...loverboy, cheat, villain, adorable husband, devoted son...and the way he brought about the subtle change in each stage of his life was just...WOOOOOOOOWWWW  (aditya redij's eyes were a plus here,they conveyed a lot)....sia on the other hand is a perfect foil to raghav's character....and any day raghav-sia are the best jodi for me...  i'm too emotionally attached to them that i can never see anything beyond them..their romance was never thrusted upon us...it was  slow, steady and sensibly built relationship...

shaurya and diya are good...but they are no where near raghav-sia...in terms of both chemistry and acting...they have a long way to go...

Originally posted by: Nandalala

I know this thread is about Raghav vs Shaurya, but I would like to make another comparison...Aditya (Gajji's son) is now about the same age as Raghav was pre-leap...but doesn't he seem so immature compared to Raghav?  While both portray a similar 'laadla' relationship w/ Ammaji, Raghav seemed a lot more confident!  I really do think this has A LOT to do with how Aditya Redij played the role.

Among the current lot, Karan is about the closest thing to Raghav, but his equation to Ammaji is completely different.  He is basically a man Friday for everyone in that house....I do hope they build on his character...he is about the only thing worth watching...

Yes, a point very well made Nandalala. The way I see is that in the new generation (except Karan) whether it is Aditya (Gajji's son), Shaurya, Rajveer (Avtar-Chanda's son), Jhanvi, Dia all of them feel much more immature and college-ish than Raghav or Sia.

Raghav and Sia were also around the same age. Yet Sia was fighting against female infanticide in a village with almost nil police presence while dealing with people like VKG, dhongi baba, Dalveer, Yashwant . Raghav on the other hand was a proper goonda not your usual cute mischief-maker (even if he was a cute as ChiChi it just proves what real clever villainy he was capable of). He was a menace not to be joked about or to be fooled around with. Once he started to change for real then also he was a mature man far from being college-ish.

In fact, even Dheeraj (with his extremely limited screen time) was far maturer than the entire younger lot with exception of Karan. Raghav and Sia were mature people taking care of serious and deeper issues rather than planning on how to participate and win college functions.

The thing is the NAIDL was altogether a maturer serial before the leap. After the leap, it has completely been repositioned to the audience which prefers mushy romances and watches serials like Miley Jab Hum Tum and Dil Mil Gaye etc. Anyway that is different discussion.

Not just proposal, the reason why Raghav, Sia and RaSia will always top anything is because of strength of their characters and maturity. Like madhu_sridhar pointed, "their romance was never thrusted upon us...it was  slow, steady and sensibly built relationship..." or what Shreya said about RaSia's relationship having earthiness. These important elements are missing in the new lot (again let us wait what they will do with Karan).

Lastly, a very big chunk of credit goes to the amazing acting and naturally magical chemistry of Aditya Redij and Natasha Sharma.

Edited by stupidestwatch - 13 years ago
PemaKarpo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I agree with most of you that Raghav and Sia's characters were far more strong and mature than any of the newer generation's. Be it Dia or Shaurya or Adi or even Jhanvi (I really like her devil-may-care -attitude though!) they somehow seem to lack maturity. More than maturity, I would call it a sense of responsibility.
But on the other hand, the newer generation has not been subjected to the atrocities of society yet. Sure, Dia has been subjected to injustice but that is not as gory as living in a society where women being subjected to extreme injustice is the order of the day. 
I feel that they must be given some time before writing them off.
Dia or Jhanvi have not been given an opportunity to prove their mettle or maturity. I think we have to give them some time to prove themselves. I'm sure that both of them have the potential to rise to the occasion when needed.
Edited by laado_007 - 13 years ago
Nandalala thumbnail

Originally posted by: stupidestwatch

Yes, a point very well made Nandalala. The way I see is that in the new generation (except Karan) whether it is Aditya (Gajji's son), Shaurya, Rajveer (Avtar-Chanda's son), Jhanvi, Dia all of them feel much more immature and college-ish than Raghav or Sia.

Raghav and Sia were also around the same age. Yet Sia was fighting against female infanticide in a village with almost nil police presence while dealing with people like VKG, dhongi baba, Dalveer, Yashwant . Raghav on the other hand was a proper goonda not your usual cute mischief-maker (even if he was a cute as ChiChi it just proves what real clever villainy he was capable of). He was a menace not to be joked about or to be fooled around with. Once he started to change for real then also he was a mature man far from being college-ish.

In fact, even Dheeraj (with his extremely limited screen time) was far maturer than the entire younger lot with exception of Karan. Raghav and Sia were mature people taking care of serious and deeper issues rather than planning on how to participate and win college functions.

The thing is the NAIDL was altogether a maturer serial before the leap. After the leap, it has completely been repositioned to the audience which prefers mushy romances and watches serials like Miley Jab Hum Tum and Dil Mil Gaye etc. Anyway that is different discussion.

Not just proposal, the reason why Raghav, Sia and RaSia will always top anything is because of strength of their characters and maturity. Like madhu_sridhar pointed, "their romance was never thrusted upon us...it was  slow, steady and sensibly built relationship..." or what Shreya said about RaSia's relationship having earthiness. These important elements are missing in the new lot (again let us wait what they will do with Karan).

Lastly, a very big chunk of credit goes to the amazing acting and naturally magical chemistry of Aditya Redij and Natasha Sharma.

Hey, you summed up my feelings totally...couldn't have said it better...I feel there is a marked difference in the treatment of characters pre-leap and post-leap.  I think the credit goes to the actors, rather than the characters.  Natasha, Adi, Dhruv (who played Dheeraj), even the actress who played Jhoomar, all had a maturity in how they played their characters.  Now, Aditya and Tanisha are supposed to be college graduates, around the same age as Raghav and Sia, and living in the States.  But somehow, as you rightfully point out, the maturity is absolutely not comparable to the former lot.  Maybe its the actors or just the way the characters have been etched out; the depth is LACKING!  And an aside: in my opinion, NOBODY can imitate Raghav's puppy, totally smitten, cutie-cutie lover boy...😆

"Not just proposal, the reason why Raghav, Sia and RaSia will always top anything is because of strength of their characters and maturity. Like madhu_sridhar pointed, "their romance was never thrusted upon us...it was  slow, steady and sensibly built relationship..." or what Shreya said about RaSia's relationship having earthiness. These important elements are missing in the new lot (again let us wait what they will do with Karan)."  This is an awesome point!  The way the romance was approached and carried out by RaSia was what made their love story unique...and something we could relate to...there was an element of infiniti to it...

Writing about this right now is very nostalgic for me...I want to rewind back to exactly last year when  RaSia's wedding had taken place, under the most dramatic circumstances...yet to come were the misunderstandings surrounding consummation, Raghav's kidnapping, etc, etc,....it will take a lot to get back to that time when the narrative was so gripping (at least for me to be tuned in on a regular basis.)  I wish the creatives a lot of luck, but its a tall order...
Edited by Nandalala - 13 years ago
Nandalala thumbnail

Originally posted by: laado_007

I agree with most of you that Raghav and Sia's characters were far more strong and mature than any of the newer generation's. Be it Dia or Shaurya or Adi or even Jhanvi (I really like her devil-may-care -attitude though!) they somehow seem to lack maturity. More than maturity, I would call it a sense of responsibility.

But on the other hand, the newer generation has not been subjected to the atrocities of society yet. Sure, Dia has been subjected to injustice but that is not as gory as living in a society where women being subjected to extreme injustice is the order of the day. 
I feel that they must be given some time before writing them off.
Dia or Jhanvi have not been given an opportunity to prove their mettle or maturity. I think we have to give them some time to prove themselves. I'm sure that both of them have the potential to rise to the occasion when needed.

I agree with you...I just hope that the creatives approach the 'mettle test' in a way that will remind us that indeed Jhanvi and Dia are in fact Raghav and Sia's daughters....