nice part
do write more FF

love
Riddss
Edited by Riddss - 13 years ago
gupta.aditi20 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
it was good....
bt i would luv if u'll give ur ending to it..........
Nikhi. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
I know I have yet to get back to my previous reserved box, and I'm hoping to do that in the next couple of days.

I'm reserving this box too, for the comment to this (Final ๐Ÿ˜ฒ) part.

Edit:

I'm going to jump in straight with the quotes from this part:

"that was when Mary was born" Uff! This was such a powerful line. It gave quite a phoenix-like imagery to Mary's character. The fire had not only killed Rahul, but evidently, Riddhima too. But out of the ashes had come none other than Mary. Having said that, of course, I realise that Riddhima hadn't actually died; Armaan's taken care of that.

"May be it was time to heal, and time to move ahead for both of them, that's why fate had thrown them together once again." I can't actually pinpoint why I loved this line. Was it that it told us that Armaan and Riddhima would inevitably move on and be happy together? Or was it that it gave a sense of completeness, as it encompassed their past, their present and their future? I'm really not sure, but Aria, this was a beautiful line.

"how come, you are still here todayโ€ฆ?" This made me wonder whether Armaan had questioned himself regarding this, at all, before Riddhima had asked him. I mean he'd convinced himself that he was here for Rahul, and he does later ponder over whether he's stayed because Mary is Riddhima (or vice versa). But until Riddhima had asked him, had that even crossed his mind?

"nothing was worth more than now" Riddhima had always lived in the past. It's why she'd decided to go back to the diner, and why she's become Mary. Armaan, however, had more often than not, thought about the future. He had moved away for his future's sake and he'd lost everything in New York because he'd invested in the future. But to be honest, they were both somewhat happier now than they had been for quite a while. There were together, in the present, in the now, and that was the source of their new found calm

"it's been the kind of reprieve which has inexplicably calmed meโ€ฆ" This, in a sense, follows on from what I said earlier. At this moment in time, despite all the emotional turmoil, and river of feelings, they'd reached a sort of tranquility. And this line just hit that point home brilliantly!

"my pot of goldโ€ฆ" I had wondered where your title might fit into the scheme of things. And I'm glad you chose to show it where you did. It really gave a lovely rounding off point to the FF. It was like the end of a rainbow. Only, it's not quite the end, is it? For Armaan and Riddhima, it's almost like a new beginning.

You know what I loved about your FF as a whole? There was so much subtlety in it. The Armaan-Riddhima love story was slow, and not in your face. It was always there, and as a reader, you knew they had a strong binding relationship. But it never really hit you until the very end. An absolutely fantastic FF Aria!

Edited by Nikhi... - 13 years ago
pickytg thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

I understand now why you said, it had to happen. I wasn't aware it was a short series, for whatever reason and was wondering how you'd bring it all back. Looked much further ahead into the story, i did...it does change your thoughts when you know how long and in depth its going to be. 

It was a fun series, right amount of curiosity..story..feelings..imagination and character stretch. Usually i don't like no-endings (cuz its the writers job to imagine and write up...lol) but i feel i wouldn't have liked the ending you'd have put up..there can be no 'correct' ending to this!

Listen to more songs and keep these coming :) 

Cheers!! 
-Aria- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: -Sookie-

I liked this one. The ending especially. It's not because there is so much left unsaid (and you haven't fallen back to the PM routine ๐Ÿ˜†) but because its...something I can see it happening. Kind of my style of ending you know, the one I would love to see on screen or read about? Where things aren't of grandeur in nature nor are they resultant of major twist in the tale - but just a thing in life that happens; like taking random exit for a bite of pie during road trip. There is nothing rushed and the pair just fade into scenery intermingling with daily life their importance of key players now gone. Some thing like blending into a massive canvas of paint, you know?

I am glad that Mary finally accepts things that has happened to her in past. May be she needed a dose of reality or in her case past, especially from a guy who knows about it quite well. I was hoping there would be an actual reunion with her parents. But then again when I think about it, may be not writing about it was a good idea. It's not like the process is gonna start soon, right? Every thing has its own momentum and reconciling with parents is definitely not a smooth ride.

I hope you write more short series like these seeing how good you are at it. Come back for more. ๐Ÿ˜Š
I loved the ride (especially the gtalk conversations which follows the post!๐Ÿ˜†)

Thanks for writing this A and of course updating this regularly!

So, see you soon with a new series!!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

S!

Now I know how to make you comment! Since you hate long drawn out responses, this will be short and to the point. And since you've brought it up, PMness...correction PM routine, really there was no way that was going to work here...and for everything else there is PM๐Ÿ˜›, i agree with ya, this was a fun series...all the convos - including the whole reserve sequence slightly bizzare but fun nevertheless...and planned(timed) to perfection, wouldn't you agree? This is the first of my ffs where you have actually stayed through the entire thing, and so Thank you for all your awesome responses.

Coming back to the comment and the ending, the way I saw it, the ending was actually a start of a new possibility...not a certainity... and  so that's how it had to be... and just like that, the reconcilliation with her parents, this was step towards it and therefore this was an appropriate point to end. When I started off, remember I told you I had a specific ending in mind? the image and the idea was of two people, bickering over something mundane and just merging into the sunset...just like so many people do. So I loved what you have written up there... couldn't have made more sense.

Thank you once again.
A

-Aria- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angel-Pebby

Me three! *In Italics* ;)

I know you are busy with fun exams and all๐Ÿ˜† but this is just a reminder that once that's out of the way - you have three reserves here!!

ps. Good luck for the remaining papers!
-Aria- thumbnail

Originally posted by: ARMAANKSGFAN

Hiiiii
Awesome update
Loved it
Loved Mary
Can't believe da ff is ended yaar
Loved reading it
Plz do con da rest of ur ff's
Thanks 4 da pm

Thank you so much for being part of this thread right through.Will def. PM you when I post new stuff :)

Aria
-Aria- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Riddss

heyyy dear,
nice part
do write more FF

love
Riddss

Thank You Riddss :)
ARCaskettFan thumbnail