DOTW: Love is always new

WildestDreams thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

hey Mohabbatains😃,

I'm late with the DOTW😆
but better late than never😛.

Today I want to share with you few lines from the book "By the river Piedra I sat down and wept" written by Paul Coelho.

"But love is always new. Regardless of whether we love once, twice, or a dozen times in our life, we always face a brand-new situation. Love can consign us to hell or to paradise, but it always takes us somewhere. We simply have to accept it, because it is what nourishes our existence. If we reject it, we die of hunger, because we lack the courage to stretch out a hand and pluck the fruit from the branches of the tree of life. We have to take love where we find it, even if that means hours, days, weeks of disappointment and sadness.

The moment we begin to seek love, love begins to seek us. And to save us."

What do you think about these lines?

2- What does mean LOVE for you?

3- Do you believe in "Love at first sight"?

----
I want to read your answers and will post mine soon.

Take care

Parm
on the behalf of KMH2 Dev. Team😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.StarryPhoenix thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
awesome post Jaaaanuu!!!!!!! btw, thnxxxxxxxxxx for postin' the DOTW..u r an amazin' writer👏
Edited by starry.phoenix - 13 years ago
wida thumbnail
woww great post
great discussion gonna post my take later on.. :D
WildestDreams thumbnail

1- The world is not perfect. Sometimes it makes our life miserable, but life is one of the things which is also imperfect. It reserve the bad news or bad events. Sometimes it reserve us meeting of some people that upset our life completely. Life is this, but it is a great gift that everyone should have a chance to live.

2- Love is the most powerful feeling in the world, it makes you bear everything (pain, suffering, violence) just to protect the most important thing in your life.

3- I believe in love at first sight because the people, all people, seek the purpose for which they came to the world. The reason to live. and this reason is LOVE.

This is all from me...wait to read your reply guys😊

WildestDreams thumbnail
@Jaanu:
Ohh sweeet of you My Wifey...thankies a lot

@Wida:
Sure, will wait to read your reply. :D
whatsername thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

1- What do you think about these lines?

Very interesting. Paulo always finds divine origin in everything. I think the kind of love he is suggesting here is the 'forever love' which I think its rarer than its analogue , the love that we use day to day referring to an object that gives us pleasure, physical or not. I think its true, that we need to love and be loved. Life can be empty without it. But that is no reason to go fall in love when you are not ready. I might be generalizing here but often people are in love with the idea of love more than with the person. Ever since we are young we have been fascinated by love, and often wait to fall in love. Just to find out that love doesn't always promise reciprocation or happiness. And the day we realize that is I think the day we are ready for LOVE. 

Love is a special feeling, it makes you feel good about yourself. But there is clearly no way to distinguish love from attraction or its spectrum of different feelings it brings with it. Sometimes when people get too close to each other they get so attracted, addicted and fond of each other they mistake it for love. Sometimes its real, sometimes its not. I am still trying to figure out what love is. And to be honest, I don't think it is really something that we can figure out ... Love just unfolds in a weird way, just like life. I love someone who loves me too but am I in love with him ? I dont know and I dont know if i'll ever know it.  

Three years ago I would have said Yes. But now, i dont think so. Love is a slow process. Its like a baby, which takes a long time to develop into something so beautiful part by part, slowly and slowly.. If a few steps are missed there might be complications. Love at first sight may be possible, rarely but personally I dont beleive in it 

Great Topic btw ! 
Natasha_shaikh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Lovely post parm👏

1-What do you think about these lines?

Really beautiful lines and true... describe the feeling so well...

Hmmm love is really beautiful and when u are in love everything will b beautiful (i knw filmy hai par aisa hota hai😆)
 Yes i believe actually i am in Love at first sight😒😆
----

Edited by xXxNatashaxXx - 13 years ago
Du_Nish thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ItalianPrincess

"But love is always new. Regardless of whether we love once, twice, or a dozen times in our life, we always face a brand-new situation. Love can consign us to hell or to paradise, but it always takes us somewhere. We simply have to accept it, because it is what nourishes our existence. If we reject it, we die of hunger, because we lack the courage to stretch out a hand and pluck the fruit from the branches of the tree of life. We have to take love where we find it, even if that means hours, days, weeks of disappointment and sadness.

The moment we begin to seek love, love begins to seek us. And to save us."

I will answer this in the context of this beautiful book,for me a book that was so poetic and exress well. I believe in this line personally ''love is always new'' in the sense that ''love always bring new situation for one to be felt and enjoyed its presence.'' No matter how painful it was the last time, a second chance comes to see the beauty of it.
I have started to believe that love occurs in different stage and remains a journey. At one for someone to grow to maturity,love helps to develop the character and personality groW*H s/he needs to have to be the person s/he needs to be to appreciate life. Such experience can be a sweet pain or a painful pinch, the pain is here but to act as push forward. Love rise someone. Love can come as its marvel itself, I mean, it filtered unknowingly, the cupid's showers are being seen by everyone and not from the lovers themselves and such love make someone see the outer picture of life and accept differences and love selflessly. This love feeling creates warmth and morale strength to continue with a smile on whatever it takes to. Love is not the feeling of being together 24 hour 7, love is not the feeling of lust and possessiveness, love is not the feeling of ''desire to touch.'' Love elevates and finds the path to restone and rebuild to keep the charm when they first met alived and make life beautiful. 
Yes, I believe in love at first sight and I believe it hits certain age category. It can be the ever lasting one or the period for one to grow, As love is like claps of hand, it is a beautiful feeling with some physical attraction higher than character appreciation but if love is reciprocal, it builds to it, accepting the good side and vices of each other. Still the most beautiful love story in indian soap shown till now (those I watched- that is very few) is KMH1.

Hey Parm

wow u quoted my favourite book and favourte author for kmmh2 a show that am watching
well thts itself so good - u made my night😉
Edited by Eshu11 - 13 years ago
Du_Nish thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: whatsername

Very interesting. Paulo always finds divine origin in everything.

''so happy to find paulo fans here, i read almost all his books😉 but hey Paulo has always written on his experience and expressed it so beautifully. the '11 miuntes' one is his own love story.''

Love reading your perspective as well with Parm👏
Such a great topic⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️👍🏼
TeekhiMishti thumbnail

Wow paulo fan....even i m...love his writing style...but havent read this one yet though i was very eager....havent got tym to go n buy it i guess it will have to wait till exams finish

p.s lovely topic

i love the way paulo makes even the simplest of things so beautiful and important...his writing is really refreshing and inspirational...i agree with these lines...they are very beautiful and true...though love may give us weeks and months of dissapointment the one moment of happiness will be enuf to siffice for all that pain.....though the situations may get repeated in this beautiful journey of love the emotions are always fresh and new and thats the beauty of it once u love u just cant have enough of it....and ya once love enters your life it changes your life forever and saves u from all the sadness and negativity from within...its one of the most beautiful and powerful emotions in this world...

love is when two people understand each other completely...cause without understand there is no trust and without trust love isnt possible...love is when someone else's hopes,dreams,happiness,sadness effects u more than ur own and life seems more beautiful because u have that one special person...and the best thing in love is when the person u love loves u back in the same way...everyone isnt lucky enough to love and be loved back 😔

no i dont believe in love at first sight...there could be infatuation or attraction at first sight...but to really actually love a person i mean for true love u have to know them and understand them if u dont know even the persons name how can u fall in love with them and be sure that this is the person u want to spend the rest of ur life with and the person who will always keep u happy??

Edited by --Ari-- - 13 years ago