Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Khushi- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
hey sajjal u r an ausum writer and i love to read ur ffs and m ready for dis too...pls do continue and pm me too....
dynamic_doll thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
interesting concept Sajjal!
do continue soon
nd pm me 😊
ginny09 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
yeeeeeeeeeeee anoder gr8 ff frm u 
i am happy :D 
update soon :D
AWonderfulChaos thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
of coz i wanna read itπŸ˜ƒ
for d prime reason u hv written it n then its gonna b on mn😳
do add me in!!😊
Wings-of-Fire thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
nice concept. continue soon.
hazra66 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
amazing concept...
loved it..
Chapter 1 - Doraha

She silently sat there watching him slip the ring on to her index finger among a crowd of people; some were clapping in happiness while others were chirping in whispers. Once again she was at a point of her life where she sacrificed herself for her parent's desires, in hopes of making them happy and making them proud of her but even this try went unnoticed as she watched her mother socialized among the crowd not noticing her daughter or her emotions that were on a toll.

You'd think they would have soften up seeing she had spent her whole life trying to make their dreams come true but somehow every time it was overshadowed by the fact that they were not blessed with a son. Yes, that was it her parents always wished for a son, or at least her mother to be exact but were mercifully blessed with a girl.

It was like that in their whole family, if a son was born it was the happiest moment but if by chance a girl was born, they would repent and mock their motherhood for being able to provide a son. A son who would look after them in old age, a son who to be their support but what they didn't realize was girls were not different; they could prove to much better than any son in the world.

"Nupur beta" her brooding thoughts where interrupted by a caring yet authorative voice, "jee baba jaani "here eyes were lowered, but in the most respectful way ever, her father was a great man. Well respected and looked up to man in their whole family, but more than that he was the most amazing guy in her life, because he never made her feel guilty about being born as a girl. Unlike her mother who spent her life taunting and grunting at the fact that why she was once again blessed with a girl.

"beta, kyun na aap upar jake aram karlein, riddhima bhi upar hi hai" Nupur silently nodded realizing most of the guests had left already while she was stuck in her thoughts.

She smiled and took the blessing of her elders before heading up, after three daughters one would think the one above would have granted her mothers wish of having a son but what kind of a punishment would that be for a woman who spent her life cursing herself even though she had been given the gift of procreating three times, some people in this world were not even lucky to have this happiness whilst she even though became a mother never truly realized its worth.

Though sometimes she did wonder, why had god punished them along with their mother, why did they never get the love and care of a brother? But than again, Nupur understood the one above was looking over them, so what if they didn't have a brother. God had given them a true brother in form of a brother in ' law.

They understood that they should be happy with they have, but their mother unfortunately never did, for which nupur paid at every step of her life. Her mother's glares led her to sacrifice herself at every crucial point of her life, But nevertheless at the end seeing that smile on her mothers face when she fulfilled one of her dreams made her forget all of the pain and anger that resided within '..

Nupur slowly turned the knob and entered her room; it was pastel white, nothing out of the ordinary, a bed a dressing table and a cupboard. It was her mother's choice, and she accepted that because at the end of the day she was her mother and the one who spent nine months carrying her in her stomach, she did owe her something.

"Mubarak ho" riddhima gasped in excitement watching nupur entering looking very sober,  Nupur walked over to the dressing table and sat before it.

"nupur tum aise kyun dikh rahi ho jaise tumhara ahbi ahbi janaza uthne wala hai" Nupur kept her thoughts within and slid her veil off slowly starring at herself in the mirror, " aisa hi soch lo aapi, aaj phir khud ko kurbaan karne jaa rahi hoon ami jaan ki khwaishshat ke liye"

Riddhima blinked in surprise, her once jovial and filled with life sister was looking so pale, as if someone had sucked the life out of her, "nupur tum aise kyun bol rahi hai, tumhe toh khush hona chahiye, tum toh ek naye safar mein sawar hone wali ho" Nupur forced a smile, " har ek ki kismat aap jaisi kahan aapi?" riddhima smiled at her warmly.

"Arman bhai nahi aye"

Riddhima held nupurs hand within hers, " dehko nupur, agar tum sach main khush nahi ho toh main baba jani se keh ke '"

"nahi aapi, main khush hoon! Agar ammi jaan khush hain toh meri haq ki khushi ussi mein hai"

"soch lo ---" riddhima warned her, as if nupurs one decision would reform her life and she was right. Marriage was a big step for any woman and anyone would have to think twice before going ahead with it.

"soch liya " pulling off her earrings, nupur thought for awhile contemplating whether to ask the question that had been playing over and over In her mind, " gunjan nahi ayii.."

Riddhima gaze faltered as she tried to think of an excuse and nupur understood, ' rehne do aapi, maine kaha na har ek ki kismat app jaisi nahi hoti"

"meri jaan isaan apni kismat khud banata hai" pulling out her evening wear, nupur thoughts went back to when he had slipped the ring into her finger, she shuddered, " Kismat insaan ke haq mein hoti toh aaj main aise apne aap ko majboor na karti"

"dekho nupur, bebunyad kisi pe ilzam laga acchi tarbiyat nahi"

"aapi, main toh yeh socti ayi thi ke mera is mouashare mein koi makham hai, izzat hai, naam hai, par aaj jake smajh aya izzat aur naam toh shauhar ke saath jure hain, asliyat  mein toh main benaam hoon'."

Riddhima sighed and sat down on the bed with nupur, "nupur aisi baatein mat karo please!"

"gunjan ko dehk ke yeh smajh agaya hai ke ma baap apni aulad ko bara zaroor karte hain par lekin sirf take agae jake wohi aulad unka atram kar sake bina pooche agar unka faisla jaise hai ya nahi! Gunjan ko jahanum main dakale ke aami ko aram nahi mila ke ab mujhe bhi wahin jane ko majboor kar rahi hain"

"gunjan ki baat alag hai aur tum alag ho, nupur uski kismat tumhari kismat nahi hai! Apne aap ko mat karo neecha'halat se smajhota karlo warna zindagi bhar pastaogi"

"halat ko apna ke hi main itna bara kadam uthaya hai, ab dekhtein kya rang lati hain zindagi" Nupur leaned in and rested her head on riddhima shoulder, resting her eyes for awhile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"dad, ami ko smajhein, maine unke faisle ko maan liya par iska matlab yeh nahi ke main ab zinadgi jeena chor dunga" Mr. Sharma looked up to see his only son complaining his lungs out whilst his dear wife just laughed away.

"Mayank, smajha karo unki bahu anewali, ab toh haq banta hai tumhe tang karne ka" mayanks looked in disbelieve watching his father take his mothers side, its was usually a rare sight to see.

"Dad?"

"Mayank! Accha choro yeh batau, baat ki usse?" mayank raised his brows, " kisse?"

"arree uffo! Janab Shilpa apne toh apne bte ko kuch sikhaye hi nahi" Mrs.Sharma giggled, " aapka hi beta hai, mohabbat aur ishq iske liye nahi bane"

Mayank watched his parents argue here and there ultimately forgetting his complaint and starting up their own little tussel, ' DAD!!"

"kya hua mayank?" his mom pulled his cheeks, " sharam arahi hai, ahbi yeh haal hai toh jab woh tashriff layeingi toh phir kya hoga??"

Mayank madly pulled his moms hand, "kuch nahi hoga!" silence spread over the living hearing Mayank's words, " mayank aise nahi kehte beta yaad rakhna, woh larki bahut armano ke saath is ghar mein ayegi aur tumhari zimedaari hogi usse hamesha khush rakhna" Mayank watched his father sternly as the words escaped his mouth.

"accha mayank tumne apne room ka color decide karliya kya?" mayank understood his mother was trying to change the topic but the look on his fathers face was still, "aap ko smajh agaya nah? Hum aapko kya keh rahe hain"

Mayank turned around, "use apne aaj main shamil kaise karoon jab mera kal mujh se har pal jura hai?"

Astonished by his words, his parents stole looks of worry at each other, " mayank, hum kisi ki beti ko apna bana ke la rahe hain, ab tum chaho yan na who tumse jur chuki hai"

"dad, aap kyun nahi smajhte ---"

"BASS!!" his father raised his hand in anger and looked towards his wife, " sambhaliye apne bte ko, aur smajhaiye shaadi koi gudda guddi ka khel nahi! Betar hoga ke yeh maan le ke iski zindagi ab kisi aur se jurne wali hai!!" and with that Mr. Sharma had left the room leaving a worried mayank who looked at his mother helpless.

"beta tumhare dad sahi keh rahe hain, apne kal ko bula do'.jald se jald '.! Kyunke yeh kal sirf tumhe hi nahi takleef dega par tumhara ane wale kal ko tabaa kardega"

"ammi aap bi?" mayank shook his head vulnerably and made his way out of the house.

Mayank was the perfect ideal son except for one lacking quality and that was his helplessness over his past. No matter how much he tried to forget yesterday somehow it always became a part of his today and that's what scared his parents the most. His vulnerability to that yesterday that they could never make him forget.

So they decided to get him married, hoping that it might help to have someone by his side care for and love him. But they were unknown to the fact that had somewhere along his life given up on himself and his needs! He tried to keep away from people as much as he could and tried to live life day by day in hopes that one day god would grant him the freedom from this agonizing and painful life he was living.

Was he like this all his life? No! When certain things happen in your life they make you question your liability and your existence in this world. Something similar happened to him and that's was it, a guy who once loved life forgot how to live!

-------------------------------------------------------

"yeh kaisa hai?" Gunjan asked with a cheerful smile trying to hide her scars but how much could she hide, emotional ones were easy but what about the physical ones. She was scorned to a life of pain but she had accepted that and trying to make the best of it.

Nupur carefully watched her elder sister fix her scarf over and over, " gunjan "

"hmm?" nupur instantly pulled off the scarf making gunjan suddenly feel odd, covering herself with her hand gunjan urged nupur to give back her scarf but she didn't, " toh yeh hai hamari saza auratzaat hone ke liye?" riddhima took the scarf from nupur and placed it back on gunjan.

"jis baat ka tumhe pata nahi usse mein mat bola karo nupur"

"aapi, andaa insaan bhi dehk sakta hai yeh nishaan! kyun aap log jaan ke bhi anjaan ban rahe hain." nupur said trying to make her sisters understand where she was coming from but they would have none of it.

Riddhima placed a dress in nupurs hand, "jao yeh pehn kar aao"

"aapi?"

"nupur tumne suna nahi?" nupur heaved angrily stomping towards the change room, Why weren't her sisters understanding life did not have to be like this. Why were they reducing themselves to nothing?

Nupur was making her way towards the changing room when the dress slipped out of her hand and landed on the floor, she bent down to pick it up but her hand met with another persons surprisingly she felt very odd feeling that touch and somewhere it felt very familiar.

Nupur tried to recollect but before she could,

"tum?"

she opened her eyes in surprise. "aap?"

Woh soche the ke Zindagi mein agae bhar ne ki tabeer kareinge, na smajh the woh joh smajhe zindagi unhe ussi dorahe pe laake nahi khara kar degi

---------------------------------------------------------

As promised i posted the first part, ofcourse the original was written with different characters names so i had to change them to nupur and mayank, otherwise i have mostly kept it the same. If you have trouble understanding something do tell me, its pretty straightforward.
I hope you like it. DO COMMENT/DO CRITICIZE!
Edited by -Sajjal- - 13 years ago
SAISakura16 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Another Amazing beginning to another Amazing Story!

I hate it when people ever differentiate b/w sons and daughters. One of my sister's friend wanted a boy when she was expecting'I mean come on, we live in 2011, A daughter can do any duties of a son and much more. However I do feel that people are coming out of their conservative mind about this issue.

Nupur's character is very interesting'on one hand she is fulfilling her mother's wish but then the other side of her she is not one to keep quiet about what's happening around her..

What happened to Mayank? I'm really curious to find out about his past. Hope to see him get over his past ...

Domestic violence - it is sad that despite how far the world has moved, the truth is...things like this still happens even in developed countries. This is one of the main reasons why a woman needs to study. Only education can give her the strength to stand up against such issues.

Great job! Looking forward to the next part!
Edited by Ishita16 - 13 years ago
SujaLuvsMayur thumbnail
res
update tomorrow

*edited*

nice start.πŸ‘
excellent one.........loved it.πŸ‘
Its lil difficult to read urdu,  cant read fast...n also dnt knw some of words meanings..😳
can u plz tell me what is tabeer, appi n khwaishshat means??????😳
rest of d words wr ok for me.....i knw d meanings.
its a common fact in muslim countries.....they alwys prefer a son instd of a girl.......even in India too.
bt m really really thankful to god that my family love me n bro equali same.
i can feel nupurs pain.
love ridz-nups convo...........it ws beautiful..........wonderful written.
i wonder, what hapnd of mayank??? what ws his past???
n who is "aap"????
excellent work.....
it quite refreshing to read mayur in a muslim BG..........its totally unique.
looking forward to their married life.......
update soon.
thanks for the pm.

Edited by SujaLuvsMayur - 13 years ago
--jiya-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
res

*Edited

wow Sajjal.....
i just loved the first chapter
every character is so real..... at least i can definitely connect to Nupur
wonder what happened in Mayank's past