Poll

Should Neeraj forgive his dada-ji & return w/ him?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Okay, we saw who the new entrant was today - the person Raghu introduced to Neeraj was his own Dada-ji, and today's episode was the story of how he had kicked out Neeraj's father b'cos he disapproved of the marriage of Neeraj's parents.

So to cut it short, Neeraj's grandfather had disowned his father, rather cruelly doing a mock shradh in front of him & the new bahu on the grounds that she was of low stature & a Marathi (like Sandhya is)  So Neeraj's parents never returned, and after their death, neither did Neeraj.  He had the Jagirdars all these years, until Yuvraj betrayed him & hurt Sandhya, and Neeraj got an idea of what a mafia family he was living in.

So now, w/ Neeraj having left the Jagirdars since almost a year, his real Dadaji comes back to him, apologizing, and Neeraj rebuffs him.  Do you agree w/ this decision of his?  Or do you think that worse crimes have been committed by the Jagirdars?

Here are some pros of Neeraj returning:
  1. It is his dada-ji after all, and he seems truly repentant
  2. It resolves one issue that Neeraj has - no family.  Unless he wants it to be just Sandhya, and nobody else
  3. It gives him a home - right now, he has neither home nor job (Read: being an extortionist is not a job)
  4. Others too sometimes make similar mistakes - Shyamrao had initially similar, although not as ugly, reactions to Sakshi marrying Adi.  Difference is that he later embraced Adi as his SIL, but Ramesh never gave Dadaji that chance
Here are some cons:
  1. Dada-ji could have the same objections to Sandhya, who has the exact same profile as Neeraj's moml
  2. His family is unknown, and if it's bad, Sandhya could get into another bad saas-bahu relationship w/ Neeraj's aunts, who've played no role in his life to date
So what do you think?  Is Neeraj making the right call?  Do you like the idea of Neeraj having his own family (back?)?  Or do you think it's irrelevant, and that Neeraj should just settle down w/ Sandhya and be friends w/ her jijus, so that she can be in the vicinity of her tais?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

samirah23 thumbnail
I am feeling really suspicious about this grandfather ... I don't trust him at all.  Why is it that when the Jaghidaars are now in jail that he finally turns up?  What if he's lying and just with them?
p0lkad0t thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hmmm it's too weird how he comes in at such a time when the Jagirdars have been put in jail. Also not sure why Ragu isn't annoyed at Neeraj for not carrying out his tasks or anything.. it all seems too.. ideal. But I don't want Neeraj going back with his grandfather - what will Sandhya do :S? And you're right, I don't want her getting into anymore in-law issues.. If she was to perhaps we'd see a different side to Neeraj, and I don't wanna see a side to him that will make me dislike him!! And Sandhya has been through enough!!
Vr15h thumbnail
I do agree w/ some that the co-incidence in unusual - Dadaji surfaces just as Puru looks like on his deathbed.  Although it could just be that they are undergoing a totally new actors transition, w/ the Jagirdar actors leaving and maybe some new ones coming in.  Although personally, I just wish they'd use Adi, Mohan & Rohit more, rather than introduce new guys.  Show Mohreya romancing, make things funnier by returning the 4 kids, and make Rohit & Abha the central villains.

One more thing - as I pointed out above, Sandhya saw a similar enstrangement in her family b/w her baba & Sakshi over her eloping w/ Adi.  So should she weigh in on that w/ Neeraj, or should she do what she did last night, and just quietly support whatever decision he takes? (I do think that since she's not yet his wife, she doesn't have that right, but say she was, which should she do?)
Edited by _Vrish_ - 13 years ago
pul18 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
ya neeraj should forgive him..😊
-sia- thumbnail

Neeraj forgiving/not forgivin his grandfather is quite paradoxical(for me!!) on one hand i completely agree with Neeraj's decision of not returning to his paternal home!! what i mean is.. see any child or for that matter any person is related to someone only through his parents!! when your father/mother says he or she is so n so to u.. u accept that relation!! here Neeraj's father himself was thrown out of his own house that too by his father!! if Neeraj's parents ever had a wish or desire that their son must return back to the house...they wud have definitely tld him to do so n Neeraj wud surely have followed n fulfilled their desire..but the parents themselves are not intersted in it n more ever they too did not seem to be too happy with their father's decision as well as his contempt towards them!! if they themselves cud not forgive or forget what had been done to them why shud Neeraj do so!! i accept that the old man is repenting now n wants to recorrect himself..but that does not mean his mistake has been forgiven!! how can a father vbe so ruthless n say that my son is dead!! however angry n furious one is..it's not right on their part to act like that!! Ramesh n his wife must have been devasted!! they finish your wedding n come to seek your parent's blessing n the father reacts like that!! falling in love is not a crime n Ramesh was really good to come n tell his father that he cannot leave the girl whom he'd loved!! if he wanted he cud have just left the house like that...shaadi karke woh kahi bhi jaa sakta tha..par maa-baap ka prati uska pyar use kinch kar ghar le aayi...his father cud have objectd to it(any father in his position wud have) but not behave in such a ruthless way!!so i totaly agree with Neeraj in this view!! as for Neeraj considering Puru more than his own grandad i again agree with it!! a person who helps u in need even if he's an outsider has a greater prominence than your own one who does not even bother to acknowledge your existence!! agree that the decision was taken in haste n fury of the moment but still it was wrong..a mistake that though rectified can never be forgiven!! Puru helped Ramesh n his wife when they had no one elso to help n support them..when their so called own ones themselves distanced them!! obviously Ramesh wud have had high regards towards Puru n wud have tld Neeraj the same!! so it's not wrong on Neeraj's part to have high esteem towards Puru..a person who'd rescued his parents!! n one thing noticible is Neeraj just tld only abt Puru..he never tld 'Jagirdars' or 'Jagirdar Family'...he mentioned just 'Purushottam Jagirdar'..n i must say Purru always treated Neeraj as his own son..even when the whole Jagirdar lot apart frm Sunita were against Neeraj n never tried an attempt look for him when his supposed to be missing..it always Puru who thought abt Neeraj!! Puru n Neeraj both had a great relationship n cud have if Yuvi was not in b/w!! so on one side i completely agree with Neeraj!!
                     on the other hand based on the title 'Rakt Sambandh' as well as on humanitarian basis..Neeraj must forgive his granddad!! No man is perfect as well as it's man who commits mistake not God!! Ramesh did the mistake of marryin against his father's wishes!! atleast he cud have made heaven n earth to convince his dead!! then all wud have been!! looks like he considered his father incorrigible in thoughts n took the dare ultimate step!! like any father wud have Ramesh's dad felt betrayed n lost in emotions on how cud his son go against him!! anger wellin up in his heart made him react so unhumanly!! but now he's paid for his mistake!! he is repenting over his hasty steps...so he needs to be given a chance to redeem himself n he has a right to it...for the mistake he'd done he has got a huge punishment..what more can be devasting to a father when he knows that he's lost his son due to his own deeds..he might have Neeraj now..but beta tho beta hi hai aur woh kabhi waapas laut lar nahi aayega uske paas..abha bacha tho sirf uska potha!! so the old man wants to atleast save this realtion n wants Neeraj return home!! anyone in his position wud want the same!! so in this view Neeraj must return back to 'his home'..
                 personally wat i feel is..Neeraj can forgive or atleast try to forgive his granddad but that does not mean he has to return back home n literally start living with them!! it wud be definitely difficult for him to stay in that house n along with the ppl their with the constant nugging fact that his parents once had been banished from the very own house!! might be he cud just meet them all once..tell them tht he's got no anger on them n he's going to forgive them but he's not gonna stay with them!! he'll lead his life seperately but just acknowledge the fact that he's a part of the family(atleast namesake!!) as for the grand dad again putting down his foot for Neerdya's wedding..i think he's already learnt a lesson..that too an unforgettable one! so he wudn dare to even think of it..trying to make the history repeat again!!!
           me keeping my fingers crossed...but i must say the story is going quite well..i expect more from the other sisters too. though a bit astray frm the topic i wud like to mention this...i'm pretty surprised at Neeraj n Sandhya's character...i mean they met after so many days..but still not a single convo on that...Neeraj never tried to ask her how she got her eye-sight back..what she did all these days n Sandhya also did ask him anything!! no surprise..no over-wheming emotion...not even the much anticipated old hindi-film hug!! guess we must assume that all that has been tld!!

n thanks Vrish for such a nice topic!! for a weeks i'd returned back to my old-self..the silent reader until i saw this one...the topic was unresistable for me not to comment on it!!

Vr15h thumbnail
Sia

Thanks for a great response - that's the type of reaction I was looking for from viewers.  I agree w/ most of what you said, except that Puru was an absolute puppet and  other than bemoan Neeraj's disappearance, did nothing to look for him except to once threaten Yuvraj.  Given what Puru acquiesced w/, Neeraj should say that while he was grateful,  it was not to the point of joining the dark side.

I like your last solution - I'd like Neeraj to forgive them, but tell them that he's living separately in his own home for the above reasons.  Either marry Sandhya & become a 'ghar-jamai' settling in Shyamrao's house, or find another house in either Mumbai or Ratnagiri.  Oh, and find a job as well.  Neeraj too needs a family & some support - right now, he has nothing.  Maybe accept his dadaji's help in starting a business of his own (he had enough experience working for Puru) wherever he settles, and get himself a steady income, and marry Sandhya.  That way, his dadaji is  satisfied that he's accepted them, and they can even occasionally visit.

On Neerdhya's reaction, I daresay they've hardly had a chance to sync up.  When he recovered, he had to save Sandhya from Yuvraj, then  presumably the next day, be @ the funeral (that really was needless on their part) and then his dadaji barges in.  While returning, Neeraj  was totally shaken by the experience of having his parents' suffering replayed, and obviously was in no mood to talk to Sandhya about the Jagirdars.  So so far, they've not exchanged notes.

One thing I liked was Sandhya respecting Neeraj's privacy & decisions, and not trying to influence him one way or another.  I try not to bring up Jyoti, but this contrast comes to mind: Jyoti would forever try to force guys to stay w/ their parents, good or bad.  Here, Sandhya is doing nothing of that sort: she recognizes it's Neeraj's family, and none of her business.  I really like this about her. Update: Ultimately, she did try to tell him that he was worth pardoning, but w/ a caveat that she really didn't have the right to suggest it.  But the way she did it could easily have come across to Neeraj like he ought to leave.

Hopefully, in the next few days, they can tell each other what happened the last 8 months, and be caught up on everything.

Edited by _Vrish_ - 13 years ago
I personally wouldnt want Neeraj to forgive his granddad, but looking at the title, "Rakt Sambandh", and also, thinking quite logically about the next turn of tracks, we can totally see Neeraj forgiving him.
kirz1234 thumbnail
I THINK RAKT SAMBANDH
Vr15h thumbnail
Dadaji is at least a liar - he told Neeraj that he looked for his parents for the last 27 years, when in fact, he couldn't care less.  This should look suspicious to Neeraj - the Dadaji, who can find him so easily, be it  w/ Raghu-da, Puru or now Sandhya, has trouble  finding his parents, who couldn't have hidden well from him if they wanted to.  Real fact - he  had actually disowned Ramesh, and only wants his son.  In which case, Neeraj is right to be suspicious.  I just wonder what exactly does he want - he has 2 other sons, and presumably their kids as well.  Or is Neeraj his only male grandkid & varis?

And I'm glad Neeraj is insisting on taking Sandhya w/ him - after all, a spook like her is just what he needs to find out any skeletons in his family closet.  And it was too funny to see Neeraj derail Sandhy'a's reasons for not going - her not knowing anybody was the same as him 😆

I'm glad that Savita realized that Sandhya needs time to recover.  Shreya has a point that the sisters cannot keep taking time off indefinitely, and Sandhya doesn't know conventional reading & writing (she knows Braille, but while that would work in the West, where a lot of accomodation for disabled people is the norm, it won't necessarily work in India).  So unfortunately, marriage is her only viable option. 

As for Neeraj, having a real family of his own is good news - he can  either earn his living working there, in which case, he's not guilty of just using whatever his Dadaji earned - he himself worked for it.  If relationships are better, he can inherit it.  However, given that Dadaji has lied about how long  he  searched for  Ramesh, Neeraj should  refuse such a favor, and at best just work for him.