02/02/2011: Introducing Neeraj's DADAJI

Poll

Would you like to see more of Sandhya's sisters?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Precap: Yuvraj dies after rejecting Neerdhya's help to avoid falling off the cliff, and his last rites are duly performed by Pankaj.  Pankaj tells Prabha that Puru has suffered a heart attack, and a ranting Prabha tells DK that she has no more relationship w/ him, and goes on to threaten Sandhya and abuse Neeraj.  Raghu comes to Gunge/Neeraj w/ a new person, telling Neeraj that he's hit the jackpot.

New entrant 'recognizes' Neeraj as his grandson

The clean-shaven mustachioed person who steps out of the car walks up to Neeraj.  He scans Neeraj and tells him that he looks just like his father.  He then hugs Neeraj, remarking that he's found his 'Pravesh'.

The elderly man has an emotional moment, while both Neeraj & Sandhya look puzzled.  He tells his assistant Naresh that he's found his grandson, and is not going to lose him again.  😕

That night, in that man's suite, Neeraj asks him what is the deal - he doesn't believe any of it, and he's no grandson or anyone of this person.  The elderly man (tell us his name, please!) tells him not to say that, and that he's the son of his Naresh. 😕 He tells Neeraj that he searched for his parents everywhere, but one of his friends told him about how he spotted a complete look-alike of Neeraj.  He wondered how could anybody else resemble his son, and realized that he could be his grandson.

He then met Raghu-da, who introduced him to Purushottam (my, that was fast!) He discovered that Purushottam was in hospital, so met him there, and Purushottam told him that he wasn't his son, but that of Ramesh, and therefore his grandson.

Neeraj tells him that he doesn't believe him, since anybody comes after so many years and claims that he's his grandson, how can he believe it, and why should he?  The 'Dadaji
' (I'll use quotes for the time being until something happens to prove him right, & Neeraj wrong) tells him that he can verify that w/ Purushottam, who knew everything about him except his whereabouts, b'cos Ramesh never told him. (To me, that's a red flag) He says that he can't get back his son & DIL, but he's at least gotten their kid.  He then becomes emotional & wants to hug him, and tells him to return home w/ him.

Neeraj tells him that he's not going w/ him anywhere.  He tells him that even if he were to believe that he is his granddad, what was the reason that his father had to leave him?  B'cos no son leaves his parents for no reason, so this must be a tall tale of his.

The story of Neeraj's dad & granddad

The granddad confesses that Ramesh didn't abandon him, but that he disowned them b'cos he disagreed w/ Neeraj's father's decision.  He tells Neeraj that as a Gujrati, his father fell in love w/ a Marathi girl, and wanted to marry her.  He didn't approve of Ramesh's match, since neither the communities nor the strata of society were similar
(uh-oh, Dadaji, you're about to run into the same issue now - Sandhya is both Marathi, and she doesn't share the same societal status as you, and ergo Neeraj.  Although it does make Neeraj half Marathi: I used to think that he was Marathi, like Sandhya) He tells Neeraj that his father was just as adamant, and so eloped w/ that girl and brought her home.  However, he refused to acknowledge Ramesh's wife as his bahu, and after insulting her, ordered them to leave.  After that day, he'd acknowledge himself as the father of just 2 sons, not 3 (So Neeraj has 2 uncles?)

Ramesh requested him not to do that, but to bless them, and then he & his bride would voluntarily leave.  He however refused to bless them, telling them that the dead are not blessed by the living.  He goes in & comes out w/ an urn of water, which he pours on himself signifying his demise, to their shock & horror
🤢 (Sounds like all the more reason for Neeraj not to accept him)  He then tells Ramesh to leave after 12 days, and not show himself again.

The granddad tells Neeraj that whatever he said & did was done in anger
(you mean shradh like rituals were done in anger? 🤔) but Ramesh indeed never turned back or returned to him.  He never let him know what happened to him, how he lived, etc.  He tells Neeraj that over time, his anger dissipated and he wanted him back, since he was the youngest & the darling of them all.  He told him that he looked a lot for him, but Ramesh was so angry that he never allowed him to find out about his whereabouts. 

Neeraj refuses to relent

Sandhya goes up to Neeraj to comfort him - both are visibly moved.  The dadaji tells him that his son never forgave him until he really died, but Neeraj can.  He takes Neeraj's hand and begs him to return w/ him.

Neeraj refuses, telling him that if he didn't consent to his parent's marriage, how can he today consent to the offspring of that marriage?  He did all he could to hurt them, and today, he wants their son back?  He refuses, saying he has no home, no family & no dadaji.  He takes Sandhya and asks her to come away w/ him.  Dadaji folds his hands and tells Neeraj that he's guilty b4 his father, but begs for an opportunity to fix things - just one opportunity. 

Neeraj tells him that he's told him an age old secret, so he tells him to hear one from him as well.  He tells him that he knew all this - that his grandfather had expelled his parents, and therefore, after their death, he didn't even try to look for him.  B'cos the people who couldn't support his parents couldn't support him.  He tells them that if anybody supported his parents, it was Purushottam Jagirdar, who he regarded as his bari-papa.  He is his dada-ji, not this man.
(Neeraj, given how toothless he was over the last year, that merits a re-valuation)  By twist of fate, today Puru too is lost to him, and so Neeraj is an orphan once again.  The only reason he listened to him quietly all this while was to see how truthful such a cruel person could be.  He's happy that even a stone-hearted person can be truthful (Neeraj, that's more than what you got from Purushottam and your 'family')

However, Neeraj refuses to go w/ him, saying that he'd never forgive the people that his parents couldn't forgive either.  Saying this, Neeraj takes Sandhya & turns to leave once again.  Dadaji calls out to him begging him to stop, and the episode ends there...

Precap

None

Comments

Poor Neeraj!  He's barely recovered from regaining his memory & Sandhya than somebody out of nowhere lands up & claims him as his own.  I dunno what I think about the new character - I was okay w/ Neeraj having no family of his own, and just marrying Sandhya & settling either next door to Shreya in Ratnagiri.

While I understand Neeraj being angry w/ him and refusing to come w/ him, I do think that by now, he should not rank the Jagirdars above this Dadaji.  After all, this Dadaji told him the truth, whereas the Jagirdars used him @ will, lying thru their teeth.  Of course, if Neeraj is okay w/ no family of his own and simply adapts Sandhya's as his own, like Jayesh seems to have, then it's fine.

Also, the same circumstances that he found intolerable w/ Ramesh are revisiting him w/ Neeraj - will want to marry a Marathi girl who's not of their stature.  So why go into this again?  Or has this new dadaji learnt his lesson and is willing to accept Sandhya?  It's good that Neeraj took such a hard line upfront, so that if he tells Dadaji that he plans to marry a widow of a eunuch who is basically poor (aside from what Sandhya has managed to seize from the Jagirdars) and a Marathi just like Neeraj's mom, then Dadaji can either accept this a 2nd time, or avoid the heartache upfront.

Episode rating: 👍🏼
👍🏼👍🏼

👍🏼: The new entrant ain't more trouble for Neeraj, but just a part of his lost family

👎🏼: Neeraj having more loyalties to Purushottam than to this guy: granted, he's angry @ how his parents were treated, but only disagreement I have is Neeraj's comment that the Jagirdars were better

Edited by _Vrish_ - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thnkyou so much for ur efforts ji,
new track is awesome...i m liking now this track...👏 👍🏼
ammoos thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the uppdate.. This is interesting.. I think Neeraj will eventually accept the relation and then they might  find out that Jagiradrs are behind his dad's death and there the story starts again.. Neeraj-Sandhay united against Prabha n Co.
Vr15h thumbnail
^^^^ I don't see how the Jagirdars could be punished any more.  Unless it turns out that the humanitarian in that family - DK - was the cause of it, and that causes friction b/w Neeraj & Sandhya, since Sandhya would want to go easy on DK for helping bring down Prabhavati & Yuvraj, while Neeraj would want DK to get a stiff penalty for such a crime, particularly if it was done on his own initiative, and not Prabhavati's.

One big difference, if that turns out to be the track - Sandhya had Gayatri bankrolling her, & Neeraj would have his dada-ji bankrolling him, but unlike in Sandhya's case where she fought a high risk battle & the Jagirdars had everything, here, it will be a cakewak since the Jagirdars are already in jail, Yuvraj is dead, and so the Jagirdars seemingly have nothing to live for.  Aside from destroying whatever residual indebtedness Neeraj may have felt, I hardly see the point to such a track.

I've started a new poll & discussion on whether you think Neeraj should forgive & return to them, or just join Sandhya & follow his own path.

P.S.  Ammoos, welcome here 😊
samirah23 thumbnail
I am still feeling very suspicious about this grandfather - how is it that Raghu-da is involved in this.  Seems fishy - like somehow they all are with the Jagidaars.
Vr15h thumbnail
^^^ I initially thought he was a fake as well, as reflected in my parenthetical comments, but when Neeraj told him that he knew all that and was only silent b'cos he wanted to know whether or not he was truthful, and was glad that he is, then I knew that he was telling the truth.  As you saw, he was loaded w/ cash, if he could bring Raghu-da in another car.  I do think he paid off Raghu-da to release Neeraj from his services, but other than that, I think he searched for & found Puru & others on his own.

For all the conspiracies about the Jagirdars, granted, they're a mafia family, but it's over.  At this point, what do they gain at all?  Yuvraj, who was the reason 90% of their crimes happened, is dead, DK is reformed and Prabhavati has lost her purpose in life, other than tormenting Sandhya.  Puru is the one who gave him Neeraj's ID w/ which to search (interesting that Vrinda never thought of asking him), but why would Puru want to tie Neeraj up w/ a fake family, when he regrets everything that's happened to him and is not on talking terms w/ anybody on that score?  No, I think the Jagirdars are done for, and that w/o Yuvraj & DK, Prabha needs new manpower to go after Neerdhya.  Maybe Damodar, but  I don't think Pankaj & Sarla are capable any more.  Particularly w/ the Jagirdars bankrupt.
p0lkad0t thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I don't want Neeraj to go with his grandfather :\ I don't have too much to say today I don't think - But I think he will end up going eventually anyway, and then there might be more issues there to keep the storyline going. I wish they'd focus on the sisters a bit more though. :\
SEPIDEHh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks vrisha for the update.After a long time I can  read tonight's update so much changes happened Yuvraj is dead Sandhya and Neeraj find each other and the newcomer in story Neeraj's dadaji ,It's interesting.Thanks again.
notinuse thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
RS has become really intresting now. im excited for the plot to unravel. but i want more of neeraj and sandhya, they've just found each other after so long but der acting so normal around each other. i dunno but cant wait to see some romantic scenes :)

Subaru537 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the great update!

Liking this track, but missing the evil Jagirdars as well.