Wafah thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Guddu at most times seems like a complete thug and while none of his actions are excusable there are times when he seems at conflict with what he does. Before Runjhun had him arrested regardless of his shortcomings he never touched her, or has ever looked at her in the wrong manner. I mean compared to the ones they showed hooting or whistling at Runjhun, the only reason he interacted with her was to get his money back. After the arrest his actions escalated and his need for revenge seemed to have no limits, but there are times that Guddu's expression belies some other feeling like that of a guilty conscience. Like in the instance of the time Runjhun goes to apologize to him in the prison. For some reason he appeared to be more angry with the fact that Runjhun wanted to take the complaint back rather than the fact she'd complained. I know he doesn't have feelings for Runjhun, not in any affectionate manner. Most of the time after the arrest his manner toward her is more of anger whereas Runjhun's feelings towards Guddu incorporate fear and distaste from the start.
After he'd auctioned of Runjhun's marriage items, instead of letting Abhi & Runjhun assume on their own that he was done with them, it felt like him telling Abhi that he was done with harassing Runjhun was as close to an apology as Guddu would probably ever get. Like he did realize that maybe it was a little too much done in his anger, and just wanted to let go of the matter.
Even as Runjhun scolded him and spoke her mind, he never said a single word except for when she started burning the things. Then he seemed hurt which quickly again changed to anger.
I'm not trying to defend Guddu in anyway, but it just seems like his character does seem to have an underlying current at times where his temper takes the better of him. After touching Runjhun he seemed to be goading, and was smirking that he'd succeeded in doing exactly what he intended to with Runjhun, but there was a moment when he lets Runjhun go that there is a brief look on his face that suggests remorse in his own actions. Where he doesn't even look toward Runjhun as she stumbles out.

These expressions are when you consider that there is much more to Guddu then what he shows in his outwardly character, of being selfish and doing what he pleases, and caring for no one else. Or maybe it's just me trying to find redeemable traits in Guddu's personality.
Edited by Wafah - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tehzeeb25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Too true di....
There more to his character than wat he looks like selfish n careless
Cant wait for his good side ....
shanak.hot thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
i agree with both of you on this one
it felt like guddu had felt that he has done enough or maybe he has just done too much...he's good side will be shown soon:) well after he marries her....but i must say that he is looking very cute in that picture
bhavni88 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
great post..

I think that he 'acts' the goon but deep down he is not..

in front of others he needs to retain his image of a gunda..

he tries hard not to let his personal emotions rise to the surface..by masking them..๐Ÿ˜‰
_cuttie_pie_ thumbnail
i think there is a story behind Guddu's character which will slowly get revealed as the show progresses and another side, a softer side, will appear
i love his picture๐Ÿ˜
edabella thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow!!! I can totally see everything u mentioned about Guddu. Your explanation is a very accurate description of his character.
bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wafah,
  No, you are not trying to find redeemable traits in Guddu.
  I too have seen that conflict in him. Especially in the scenes where he is awful to Runjhun and more so when he does not have any dialogues.
  This has got nothing to do with the fact we all know, which is, he is the hero of the show and also nothing got to do with him being the good-looking bad boy.
  When he is awful to Runjhun and does not say anything (no dialogues), I would be trying to understand what is going on in his head from his expressions and I too see him feeling bad for what he is doing, but just right after, he says something where I am dumbstruck because it would be exactly opposite of what his expression had said.

After he comes out of the room, he seemed to be smiling, I was trying to think, may be he is watching the tamasha the mamis are creating of their own family and smiling at the stupidity of the women-folk of the Pandey household, but then he says he is happy he could break the engagement and that is the reason for the smile!

Even when he touches Runjhun, it looked as if he just has to do this one-touch by which he can claim he really did touch her(when asked), which he was sure would break the marriage. Because just after he states in front of all the people that he touched her, he mutters to himself "samjdhar ko ishara kaafi hai". It looked as if he said that to Abhi. He wanted Abhi to know that he touched Runjhun, so that he could implant the seed of doubt in Abhi and Abhi as Guddu expected, did not trust Runjhun and wanted a medical test.

I'm not sure if Guddu would have asked for a medical test if Guddu was in place of Abhi? Abhi really turned out a MCP. Would Guddu also would have been a MCP if he was in Abhi's place or would he have trusted his to-be bride?

Coming back to Guddu's remorse that we see, I really want to know if Himmashoo portrayal of Guddu is that way or he is trying to act on the director and his creatives inputs? If it is the latter then it is very difficult and Himmanshoo is doing a splendid job of imbibing such traits to bring out Guddu.

OmaRamdass thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i think this show what a great actor he is - that we the viewers can see sooo much out of one little scene with him  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
findme925 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
that picture of guddu looks cute and i agree there's more to this
tehzeeb25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
[QUOTE=findme925]that picture of guddu looks cute

true yaar hes looking sooooooooo cute in that pic

Edited by tehzeeb25 - 13 years ago