Anjali and I are great friends: Kapil article

ROFLOL thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
Kapil Nirmal
Kapil Nirmal, popularly known as Yudhishtir of " Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat", talks about his new role and things close to his heart

Come February and we'll see you in a new show " Pardes Mein Mila Koi Apna" on Imagine TV. Could you give us a lowdown on it?
It's not any saas-bahu saga, but a different kind of a love story. It's a story of Neeru, Chandu and Sarje Rao. Neeru hails from UP, comes to Maharashtra and falls in love with Chandu, a Marathi boy who is Sarje Rao's brother (the character that I play). The plot revolves around the day-to-day happenings of life, our challenges and struggle to make a change in our lifestyle for the better.

How would you describe your character as Sarje Rao?
He is a gangster but not a goon. He is a brat but loves his family too. Born to a constable father in a family of six, he, after seeing hardships in his life wants to see a life that is worth living. With this, he also has his ups and downs with the family.

How has been the transition been from playing a king in the serial "Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat" to a gangster in "Pardes Mein Mila..."?
Yes, the character that I play here is aggressive and wants to change certain things in his life. For an actor, switching roles, to get into different genres is important. Then only he can justify himself as an actor. I am certain people would accept me in this slightly negative role as well.

With two fiction programmes and two reality shows lined up for you, what's your pick - fiction or reality?
Fiction lets you satisfy your creativity as you are playing different characters, which are at times challenging. But reality makes viewers see the real you, as you are on your own and it shows what you are. I am comfortable either ways. I am not a great dancer but a good learner. But I want to be seen in films, they are my priority now.

We saw you with Anjali in the dance show "Nach Baliye" in 2008. What's brewing up these days?
Yes, Anjali was a good friend then, and we paired up well. Till date we are great friends. I am focussed on my new serial "Pardes Mein Mila..." and even she is all geared up for her new assignment. But we are not dating each other and in fact, I am not dating anybody. So, nothing's brewing up, really.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Anjali-and-I-are-great-friends-Kapil/articleshow/7378358.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rahuldravidfan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hmmm...  thanks for this article Shikha....

anyways me eagerly waiting to see Kapil as Sarje Raoโ˜บ๏ธ... and explore his addaa...๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜›
Edited by sujji0609 - 13 years ago
Juna04 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Sshikhaa for the article -  kapil is a very talented and versatile actor and I would go so far as to say that he is an intelligent actor so I have lots of hopes and dreams for him in this show....

He will win the viewers hearts and minds through this role of Sarje Rao and looking forward to it
rahuldravidfan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
 just 2 days to go... yippee......!!!!!!! but i really wish the timeslot was a little different.... although i'll watch it for Kapil... ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Edited by sujji0609 - 13 years ago
sudhalata1 thumbnail
just two more days to go๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by sudhalata1 - 13 years ago
darshana23 thumbnail
thanks for the article... plz post it into forum's article thread as well..
mayur.sumita thumbnail
OMG they r not together.... cannot believe this... most of the  actors are either hiding or lying about their relationship status ... why did they come to NB ??????????????  ... is he hiding this to promote the show??????
ROFLOL thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
^^ they were together then...i guess they have broken up now....
usmrasul thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Mayur...i know your concern....this type of news really hurts....but lets say..its better to keep a celeb on celebs place and praise them acording to their talent ie acting, dancing or singing....there's no point thinking about personal stuffs....and perhaps smtimes we fans learn it in the hard way....................

so for a change, lets see how brilliantly an actor like kapil can play Sarje Rao, what say? ๐Ÿ˜Š
Thanks for Sharing...

I loved this couple in NB and liked Kapil in RKAB.. thanks for sharing ...i m happy atleast they r great friends .....lo oking forward to see kapil n arjun brother bonding in PMMKA n their chemistry  but  i m not expecting much from PMMKA n lead actress๐Ÿ˜•
Edited by ..Priyanka.. - 13 years ago