PriDa OS: A Second Chance At Love(For Khush)

...Maham... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Hello Folks! Wrote another OS.. Though it would be a crime to call something this abnormally long an OS.. maybe an SS..πŸ˜† Anyhow this one's for you Khush! Happy Birthday! πŸ€— LOVE YOU LOADS!

Without Further Ado,

PriDa OS: A SECOND CHANCE AT LOVE

No. No it couldn't just go. Couldn't just leave them'. That kind of stuff only happened in the movies right?

Well if it were a movie you wouldn't be paired up with her would you?

As the thought crossed his mind, he heard a voice from behind. A painful reminder that this was very much reality and he was very much stuck here with her for company.

"It left!"

Prithvi Saxena closed his eyes, trying to control his temper as he turned to face her.

"Yes it left!" He almost shouted.

Well so much for controlling his temper.

"What are you yelling at me for!" Damini Gujral shouted.

She had always been tenacious. It had been one of the traits that had attracted him towards her; bloody fool that he was and had later driven him mad.

"What do you mean why! This is clearly all your fault!"

"Oh it is, is it? And how do you figure that one out?"

"If you hadn't tripped over that rock'"

"I tripped! Who told you to come to my aid?"

"Oh so now that is my fault? Trying to help you?"

"I didn't need your help!"

"Yeah, sure you didn't! You' You are the only Editor-In-Chief of an International magazine I know who's.. who's '"

"Who's what! Just say it why don't you, you chauvinistic jerk!"

"Who's scared of lizards! And I'm not chauvinistic!"

"Where did you drag in lizards from!"

"Oh like you don't know?"

Half an hour earlier.

Prithvi Saxena checked his watch after his last purchase. Twenty five minutes more till the boat left the island, he calculated mentally. He had bought everything that had caught his eye in the various shops. Might as well get back, he mused. As he headed down the path leading towards the point where the boats were that were supposed to take them back to the cruise ship within 20 mins, something made him turn sideways and rake his eyes around a bit until he caught sight of a nimble figure emerging out of the trees. He simply observed quietly as she walked up the dirt track brushing her hands a little. The next thing he knew she caught sight of something on the ground and a high pitched screaming filled the air. Before he could try and make out what exactly had caused her to scream like that she stumbled over a piece of rock that was jutting out and let out a yelp of pain before falling to the ground. It was on pure instinct that he ran towards the point purchases forgotten, reaching her side five minutes later gasping for breath.

"You okay? What made you scream?" He said as he tried to breathe.

She stared in surprise at his appearance. He had clearly not been expected. Oh well stranger things had happened, he thought with a slight shrug.

"I.. I think I have a minor sprain." She said as she tested her foot wincing immediately.

"Let me have a look at that." He said, getting down on her knees and trying to reach out for her foot.

"That's okay. I can manage." She said.

"Really?" He said quirking an eyebrow at her as he got up and watched her struggle, his arms folded across his chest.

She winced again and he couldn't help but grit his jaw. Really she could be impossible sometimes.

"Have you had your fun?" He snapped after five minutes.

"No, its just starting. Why are you still here?"

"If you are done acting like a ten year old instead of twenty five I think I'll have a look at that." He said, pointedly ignoring the last bit.

She merely pursed her lips as he got down on his knees again and gently eased her foot out, clenching her jaw a little at the sensation of pain as he examined it carefully.

"There isn't any swelling. I guess the pain will go away in a short while. It looks minor" He commented.

She didn't say anything and merely looked away. The sight of him concentrating on her foot like that, not to mention the gentle caress of his fingers as he examined it and the genuine note of concern was touching her in ways she didn't like at all.

"Can you stand?" He asked finally letting go off her foot much to her relief and looking up.

"What are you staring at?" He asked when she didn't answer immediately. He followed her gaze to meet' The trunk of a tree. Not particularly compelling.

"Damini?" He asked much too loudly.

"Hmm?" She asked, clearly startled.

"I asked if you can stand."

"I.. Yes I can."

"here let me help you." He said as he placed his hands on her arms.

She wished his hands weren't so hot against her skin, wished that they didn't make her skin tingle and her stomach squeeze in a most unpleasant way. She wished a lot of things when it came to him, unfortunately God wasn't a very good listener.

"I' I can manage." She began before the look he sent her effectively managed to shut her up.

He helped her get up trying to be as slow and careful as possible. Finally she was standing.

"There. Can you walk?"

She merely nodded firmly, trying to ignore the way he had one arm wrapped around her or the way he was grasping her hand. Why did his hold always have to be so tight as though his lifeline was tethered to hers?

She took a few steps, gingerly testing her foot trying not to put too much weight on it. As she took another step her eye caught the very thing that had caused her to trip in the first place and she immediately lurched backwards. It was a good thing he was holding her because she would have fallen on the ground otherwise.

"what the!" He exclaimed as she took a sharp step backwards, barely managing to hold her as her foot refused to cooperate.

His eyes followed her line of sight again and found a lizard.

"That is why you screamed and tripped in the first place?" He said trying his best not to laugh. He should have known. Lizards always managed to scare the living daylights out of her.

"I'." She began, feeling more and more flustered by the minute as she balanced herself again, as usual much too aware of the way his fingers were digging in her back, the sensation almost intimate' Darn those hands!

"Save it! You do know that as of now it is probably more scared of you then you are of the little guy right?" He asked.

"I wouldn't count on that." She said petulantly.

He laughed this time and she looked up.

It had been so long since she had heard him laugh. He had always had a wonderful laugh' It was so rich and full of life and' real.

"You are staring at me Damini."

She looked away at once. He hadn't said it in a patronizing way, she realized after a moment. He had been teasing her.

"Look out for Godzilla again!" He exclaimed.

Instinctively she drew against him, his chest warm and solid as she clung to the front of his shirt. It was a second too late when she saw that 'Godzilla' was nowhere in sight. Evidently it had decided to give them some privacy.

"You are awful! I hate you!" She said punching his arm as he started to laugh again.

"If you are done beating me too death I think its time we get back. The ship will be leaving..."

His head had jerked up at the siren, and he had run towards the sound a minute later after helping Damini balance against a tree.

Now half an hour later they stood facing each other, hands on their hips glaring. It was hard to tell who was more angry.

"If you are done hurling my weaknesses in my face can we talk about what we are going to do?" She bit out.

"Oh why don't you tell me that. You are the one who got us in this situation in the first place!"

"I.. Cant we call them back?"

"The last time I checked the ship's captain is not your driver." He said harshly.

"But.. they cant just leave us here!" she said, desperation lining her tone.

His gaze softened as he tried to stamp on his temper, trying to cool down.

"I. Wait."

For once she did as told as he took out his cellphone.

"Great. No signal." He said.

"What?"

"I said no signal. Try yours."

She did the same. The unladylike groan that followed confirmed his fears. They were stranded. Good and tight.

Fifteen minutes later.

"If you are done sitting on that rock and holding your head in your hands can we think about what we are going to do?"

Prithvi looked up finally and tried not to glare. How did I ever fall in love with her? He wondered. And to think I was laughing some time back only. It had felt so much like old times, he reflected. It had felt' nice to hold her. More nice then he would have believed if he had not personally felt it'. And then she had drawn herself up against him, clutching at his shirt completely oblivious to the total lack of space between them or how she still fit against him like no other girl had or that he could smell her shampoo and that he still remembered which one she used because it had never been kind to his sanity every single time he had buried his head in her hair or that he would never ever get over the need to take care of her and protect her which had risen up within him almost reflexively when he had first seen her trip'.

"Prithvi?"

"Hmmmm?"

"I asked you something." She said pointedly.

Dang. He had zoned out.

"I'. what did you say again?"

"I said that if you are' Okay never mind that' What are we going to do now?"

"We are going to have to find a place to stay if we are going to be stuck here for some time."

"Oh' How long do you think that will be?"

"I don't know. We need to figure out a way to contact the ship's captain first."

"Okay."

She was glad he had changed the topic, and was no longer yelling at her for getting them into this mess in the first place due to her childhood fear of those reptiles. It was a fear only he was aware of, like a lot of her other weaknesses and she didn't like that one bit because Damini Gujral wasn't supposed to have any weaknesses. Not any that the world knew about anyway.

His voice broke into her tirade of thoughts and she focused on what he was saying.

"Can you walk?" He asked.

"Yeah I think I can." She said.

"Right. Let's test your foot in a while then. More importantly how much money do you have? We need to be careful. I know none of us brought millions on the Island."

"I don't know let me check."

He followed her example and they sat quietly for a few minutes as they counted.

"3000 dollars."

"3500 dollars."

They said at the same time and met each other's eyes. It was an old habit that they shared. One their friends had found very endearing in them when they had been together. Now it was just the source of the memories they had created together to arise and remind them respectively of how much they had meant to each other'

It was Prithvi who looked away first with a mental shake of his head. They were in a serious problem. It wouldn't do to get into reminiscences. Painful ones and beautiful ones too at that.

"I' Well that's 6500. Since we don't know for how long we are going to be staying here we need to be careful. You stay here while I go find a suitable motel or something."

She made to argue over that point but he shook his head before she could speak.

"You should rest that foot Damini. I'll try to be quick." He said a touch too gently then either of them had expected.

She closed her mouth and looked away not trusting herself to speak. Her response was a nod as she stared at the ground.

"Ill be back soon."

~*****~*****~*****~*****~*****~*****~

Damini stared out at the sea as she waited for Prithvi to return. How did this happen? She mused again. When she had first seen him aboard the same ship as her more then a week ago she had never considered the possibility of being stuck on Island with him during that very cruise. And yet here she was. It had been easy to ignore him for the past few days. The ship provided various forms of entertainment in the form of distractions and quite a few good looking guys as well. She had indulged in both.. Less in the latter as she had never been interested in casual flings, but there he had been. A constant occupant of her thoughts, always present in some way or the other at the back of her mind reminding her of his presence on the same ship that she was on.

And now they were stuck on an Island. Of all the people God could have picked he had picked her ex-boyfriend, the first man she had fallen in love with and by the likes of it she had fallen so hard that she still wasn't completely over him.

"Pathetic." She muttered.

Before she could ruminate further on the hopelessness of her life she heard his voice.

"Back." He said.

"Yes I noticed." She remarked drily.

"What's got you in a huff?" He asked as he uncapped a bottle of water and gulped down the contents.

"Oh nothing. Save some for me."

"I already know that." He said as he wiped his mouth and handed it out to her.

As she took a few sips, he told her about the hotel he had found.

"Its not much' But It will do. I' I think we should rent just one room.."

The rest of his words were lost as she started to cough over the water she had been drinking.

He slapped her back for a few seconds as she tried to breathe.

"You what!" She gasped out.

"I said I think we should rent one room only. It will save money. Rest assured I will not try to ravish you.. Not that I'm interested."

He wondered if the last bit had been to assure himself or her.

"i'. "

"oh come on Damini. You know it won't make sense to waste money on another room. They aren't coming cheap. God know's for how long we are stuck here. We need money for food too."

He was right. As much as she hated to admit it he had a very good point.

"Alright. But you are sleeping on the couch."

"lets hope there is one." He said absentmindedly.

He caught her looking at him scandalized.

"I mean I'm sure there are other options as well." He said quickly

"yeah there are. Its called the floor."

"You know I cant'." He began.

"Yes yes I know you cant." She snapped.

"right."

They looked around at everything other then each other for a few seconds awkward at the forceful reminder of just how well they knew each other.

"well.. erm shall we go then?" He said after a while.

"Yes." She replied.

He helped her stand as she tried to walk. The result was a weird sort of bunny hop.

"You shouldn't have limped all the way over here." He said.

She tried to ignore him trying her best to balance herself without wincing. The next thing he knew he was scooping her up in his arms.

"What are you doing?" She asked as she tried to get down.

"I'm carrying you. We don't have time for you to try and learn how to walk again."

"I was doing fine!"

"Damini? I'm tired and I'm hungry. I want food and some sleep not to mention I still have to ask around for a way to contact the ship's captain. What I don't want is for you to behave like a ten year old. So shut up and let me do this."

"I'.."

"Am I understood?"

"Fine. Whatever, you condescending git." She muttered.

"Thank you."

"Who invented the concept of giving tips." Prithvi muttered as he finally closed the door on the boy who had showed them their room.

He heard Damini chuckle from the bed.

"what? We could have found our way ourselves. It's not the Ritz."

"Complaining isn't going to get your money back. how much did you give to him anyway."

"Two dollars."

Predictably her chuckles burst into rollicking laughter and he tried not to grin himself at the image of her lying on the bed and laughing at him. It warmed his heart to see her like that again'

"Alright alright. You have had your fun. Now can we order something?"

"Are you sure you want to tip someone again?" She teased.

"you are right. I think I should just go and buy some food myself." He said with a hint of seriousness.

"You think too much Prithvi. We don't even know whats on the menu. Lets have a look atleast."

"Alright." He muttered grudgingly as she called room service.

Prithvi settled himself down on the bed and closed his eyes as he rested his head against the pillow. They had finally agreed to order some food. Damini had decided to clean up a little while they waited. He could hear her humming a bit as she moved about in the bathroom and smiled inspite of himself. Despite their history, sharing a room together still felt like the most natural thing in the world'

She was singing a song now' He had always loved her voice' He strained his ears a bit trying to catch the lyrics'

"Kab tak chup bethey ab tou kuch hain bolna' Kuch tum bolo kuch hum bole oh dolna'"

He didn't realize that he was sitting up, didn't realize that he was staring at the closed bathroom door, her voice captivating him as he got lost'. The door opened and she emerged tucking one wet lock of hair behind her ear and their eyes met'

"Nice song'" He said absentmindedly.

"what?"

"That song you were singing. It's nice."

"Oh. I.. Yes I suppose.. It was just running in my mind."

"Any particular reason?" His voice was so low she almost missed what he said.

"Erm'"

"Yeah?"

She gulped a little as she read the meaning in his subtle query.

"I don't know.. No. No reason."

She didn't know why he had asked. Why he had dared tread over matters of the past but it still hurt to see his face close up almost immediately the warmth in his eyes no longer there'

She hadn't wanted to hurt him.

"I think our food should be here in a few minutes. Ill go clean up too." He said in a clipped tone getting off the bed and heading towards the bathroom without giving her a second look.

Damini heard him shut the door behind her as she closed her eyes and dragged herself towards the bed. She didn't know what was happening. A few days ago her life had been fine and now' Now everything was upside down, her emotions were in a whirl and she couldn't think straight.

It had been four years ago. Four years ago when she had first met him. They had met at a party which had been held by her colleague Sierra in honor of Damini as she had joined them some weeks ago only. It was the first time when Damini had left her home and came to New York City to fulfill her dreams of being a writer and getting to Vogue was a stepping stone. The attraction had been instant, the passion sizzling and frequent conversations over lunch and steaming mugs of coffee had brought them closer then they could have ever imagined. Both of them shared a passion for work and that was what made them perfect for each other. They wanted the best and strived for it, working day and night so that they would accomplish their goals. Prithvi was the only heir to his father's group of companies *Saxena & Co.* and after his father's death the responsibility of the crumbling company had come to rest upon his shoulders thus revealing to him his worst nightmares that his company was heavily in debt because of the unwise decisions of his father and thus the young lad not only had to take his company out of debt but also to re-establish it and bring it on the same footing as the other marketing companies of the city. Damini had moved in Prithvi's apartment a month after that and things had seemed pretty happy and cheerful until Prithvi insisted on marriage and Damini who had not yet accomplished her goals had felt pressurized and misunderstood and had taken off in anger.  That was the last time both of them had seen each other.

Now a year later they had crossed paths again, being forced to come together under the most strangest of circumstances. She had tried to move on. It made her laugh sometimes just how hard she had tried for a while. But every man she met always fell short of Prithvi. No one smiled like him. No one understood her like he did. No one could withstand her tempers and handle her when she was being unreasonable like he did. No one could make her feel like he did' No one could affect her with a simple touch like he did'.

She realized the direction of her thoughts and jerked back to Earth, just in time too as she heard a knock at the door. Their food was finally here.

~*****~*****~*****~*****~*****~

Damini didn't know why she had come out for a walk. It was hardly for a spot of fresh air. She wasn't one to walk. Yet here she was having left Prithvi a note. He had been asleep. Just the sight of him sleeping there on the bed had'.. well it hadn't helped at all. And she refused to ponder on the reasons.

All she knew was that she couldn't stay in the same room and she needed to get away. From him. From the emotions he evoked and the memories his presence stirred. Memories that were both beautiful and painful. He had made life beautiful for her. He had made her happy. But she.. she had left him in the end. She wondered if he hated her. She wouldn't blame him. She had rejected his proposal and had practically vanished out of his life'.

But he hadn't come searching for her either.

What if he had?

The possibilities were endless.

"I need a drink." She muttered. Anything really, to get her mind off of him.

She heard a loud cheer from behind and turned around realizing for the first time that she had been so lost in thought she had let her feet lead the way and she didn't have a clue where she was now. It looked like some kind of a local party. Only in the open air. Well at least some people were having a better day then her.

She wouldn't mind partying. Dancing, she mused always took her mind off things. Throw in a couple of drinks and life was great. She could make out a small bar in a corner. The drinks the guy was making hardly looked like anything familiar. Maybe they were local specialties.

Oh what the heck. She was on vacation. A couple of local drinks would hardly kill her. And there were a few good looking guys around too. Smiling a bit she moved forwards.

~*****~*****~*****~*****~*****~*****

"Irresponsible as ever." Prithvi muttered under his breath as he walked rapidly looking around hoping to find his ex-girlfriend. He had slept for two hours. Two hours! And now she was nowhere to be found.

That woman knew how to do a thorough job at testing a man's patience.

Especially men who were still in love with her.

He had been walking for almost an hour and she was nowhere to be found.

Maybe the upper Gods decided to show you some mercy and she fell into the sea, only to be eaten by the sharks. A voice in his head remarked dryly.

Well it would serve her right.

And then what will you do? Jump into the sea too praying you get to be dinner?

Shut up.

The voice merely sniggered.

There was a flash of the same blue as the clothes she had been wearing, his head instantly jerked in its direction and seconds later he found her.

Dancing. With a guy.

She was partying.

Remind me why I'm still in love with her?

Because you are a fool

Bull's eye.

He reached her side under fifteen seconds and grabbed her arm.

"Do you have any idea how worried I have been?" he hissed.

She merely smiled at him widely.

"Prithvi! So glad you could join us!"

"Us? Who's us?"

"oh this is' err what was your name again?"

The guy in question had turned to another girl.

"Useless." Damini said cheerfully.

"Have you been drinking?"

"Why would I drink?" She asked as she touched his hair.

He couldn't help but roll his eyes at the gesture.

"Come on lets get you home." He said, grabbing her wrist as she continued to tug at a few locks.

"Where's home?" she asked quietly.

"It's in'" His stopped midway realizing he had no answer.

"See? You are as lost as I am."

"Yes I gathered that."

"Excellent. I think I want another drink."

"No you don't."

"Oh its not alcohol. Its something local." She said as she walked to the bar again.

"Two er.. whatever it is that you call that." Prithvi said pointing to something blue.

"Cheers." Damini said as she clinked glasses with him one minute later as their drinks arrived.

Prithvi sniffed at the drink as Damini gulped it down.

"Are you sure this is safe? It definitely has alcohol in it."

"How do you know that?"

He quirked an eyebrow at her, her condition being an excellent example of the after effects of alcohol.

"Oh live a little. Come on drink up.." She said ignoring the sexy uplifting of his left brow as she made him drink a little.

"That's enough." He said.

"Why are you so boring? It wont kill you you know. Go on.. empty the glass. I dare you."

He pursed his lips at that.

"Fine." He muttered and downed the contents in one.

"That's more like it. One more."

"What'"

"Shut up."

"How much is this costing us again?"

"Its cheap. Stop worrying."

"Where are you going?" He asked as she started to walk away.

"I'm going to dance some more."

His hands curled into tight fists as he fought the impulse of stopping her and dragging her back to him.

You don't own her anymore.

"Yes thank you for the reminder." He muttered, grabbing onto his drink missing the look of amusement the bartender sent his way.

The number of glasses grew around him as he drank, trying to control his temper with every swallow as he watched Damini dance with what seemed like every guy who was attending the party.

It wasn't just the dancing. It was the smile she had on her face, and the amount of fun she was having.

Not to mention that she had completely forgotten about him.

He saw her laugh at something and felt sick. That was it. He had had enough.

Downing one last drink he practically slammed it down on the counter along with some cash before marching towards her.

"Having fun?" he asked grabbing her arm again and turning her around, their faces intimately close as his eyes gazed into hers.

"I.. Yes." She replied almost defiantly.

"Can I have the next dance?"

Before she could reply the guy she had been dancing with tapped her shoulder. Prithvi looked up at that and glared at him.

"And you are?"

"Simon. We were dancing."

"Well you are not anymore."

"But'"

"She's with me."

"But you just.. "

"Get the hell out of here."

The guy backed away immediately at the tone and the murderous look in his eyes.

"Chill man.. I was just.." He muttered as he disappeared into the crowd.

"You look hot when you are angry." Damini commented absentmindedly.

"I.. what?"

"Never mind. You were saying?"

"I said lets go home."

"no you didn't. You wanted to dance."

"No i'" his words got lost as she dragged her hands across his chest before linking them around his neck.

"Are you sure?" she asked quietly.

She was much too close'

"Well maybe a little." He replied huskily as his hands found her waist.

They swayed to the music, his eyes holding hers as their bodies brushed and touched' It was a slow dance. One that seduced with its subtlety. She could feel their breath mingle, was aware of the close proximity of their bodies and that his hands.. his hands were touching and teasing... and they were simply everywhere' his lips were close' And she couldn't help but remember just how much she had liked that clever mouth and that heavy lidded gaze that only made matters worse for her heart'

She was in his arms again. he was touching her.. feeling her' loving her again..

Before he knew it he had leant in and brushed his lips lightly against hers.

"I want you." He murmured as she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him close kissing him back. The kiss was a mixture of passion and a rare subtlety. It involved two people who knew each other well... Who were not new to this intimacy and so it was almost a leisurely communication as their lips brushed and parted and then brushed again' His arms were now enveloping her completely as he held her close, their bodies speaking a language of their own as they shuddered at the intimacy..

"Come with me.." he murmured as they broke apart.

She simply looked at him still dazed as he took her hand in his and led her forward.

They stumbled through the door way wrapped in each others arms and unable to keep his desire at bay, Prithvi slammed her nimble body against the wall. Her gasp was smothered as his lips found hers, his hand sinking into her lustrous hair while the other slid around her waist, pulling her hard against him. His passion seemed to stroke at the love she had long buried inside the realms of her heart and as he deepened the kiss the love she had felt for him for all these months rose sharp and true and she arched against his body her heart aflame with love and renewed desire.

"Prithvi." His name tumbled from her lips and she clung to him her hands around his neck, her fingers clutching on the crisp hair on his nape as that perfect mouth left hers only to rain kisses down her neck lighting little strokes of fire in their wake. He murmured words of love against her jaw increasing the sweet pleasure, her perfume intoxicating his senses, his hands tugging onto the zipper of her dress. It came loose and as his lips brushed against her bare shoulder, his hands sliding her dress down did she come out of her reverie.

"No'no ' " she whispered as her mind seemed to wake up from the heady desire that consumed her body, he barely heard her and simply buried his head in the side of her neck kissing it roughly. She slid her hands across his chest, this time not to link them around his neck again but to stop him.

"No Prithvi' Stop.. this is wrong' I cant'"

Her words spilled into his ears as he felt her trying to push him away and he went still.

"You cant what?" He whispered.

"I cant do this' I am not supposed to feel this' Any of this."

"Why?" His voice was no longer warm and husky. It was growing colder with every second as he edged away from her his hands letting go of her as they fell to his sides.

"Because I'm supposed to have moved on.. From you.. From us'"

His eyes flashed dangerously at that.

"Have you?" He asked quietly, the low tone carrying more weight then any amount of shouting would have done.

She did not answer and merely looked away.

"Prithvi I.."

"I'm standing here."

"I know. I can see."

"Then why wont you look into my eyes and say whatever it is that you want to say?"

"I'm going to bed."

She made to walk away, but he merely grabbed her wrist and pulled her back swiftly. Her eyes met his then, they were hot and angry and they were boring into hers in a way that she felt bare. Naked. He reached out and straightened her dress, one hand swiftly sliding around her waist. She stiffened at that but he was only zipping it up. She looked away wishing that for once his touch didn't effect her so insanely.

"Look at me." He said in the same quiet tone. She could feel his hot breath against his ear, knew that if she turned her head his face would be much too close'

"I said look at me Damini. You and I both know I'm not going to let you sleep until you answer my questions."

"I don't know what you are talking about?"

"Really Damini?"His grip in her arm tightened at that and she gasped in pain, her eyes finally meeting his.

"Have you moved on? Have you?"

"Prithvi whats the point in digging up the past?"

"If this was the past you wouldn't have kissed me back. If this was the past you wouldn't have let me touch you like I did. But apparently you did kiss me back and you did let me touch so this is clearly still the present."

"Prithvi we have different lives."

"Why did you leave Damini? Didn't you ever love me?"

The anger in his voice was replaced by a quiet hurt. A hurt he had been carrying within him for God knew how long'

"I.. you gave me no choice. I didn't want to marry then."

"then why didn't you tell me? We could have talked aobut it. Why did you run?"

"Why didn't you follow!"

"What?"

"Why didn't you come? Why didn't you stop me from leaving?"

"I didn't think you wanted me to.. "

"Why did you think that?"

"Well you just disappeared.. I didn't think you wanted me to come find you.. I thought you wanted to leave.."

"Yes I disappeared'"

"But why? Didn't you love me.. I.. I thought we had something special."

"I did love you."

"Did?" There was a vulnerability in his tone that shook her' It spoke volumes of the fear inside him. It was a comforting thought.. That he too was scared. That she wasn't the only one who harbored that emotion in her heart..

"I' I left because I was too scared of a commitment like marriage. I felt misunderstood' I had just started my career.. My goals were still just that' Goals. Not achievements."

"Why didn't you tell me all this then?"

"Would you have understood? You were so caught up in the idea of getting married."

"Maybe. Maybe not. But you didn't even give me the chance Damini' Maybe we would have fought.. But isn't that life? If our love had been as strong as I thought it was we could have made through it all right?"

"Maybe. But it doesn't matter anymore what could have happened.."

"Maybe the past doesn't to you. Does the present? Where do we go from here?"

"I' I don't know'"

"You don't know?"

Before she could answer him he had pressed his lips against hers again. He wasn't gentle, and he wasn't sweet. He did no seductive dance, idly teasing her until she couldn't say no.

He just kissed her. With everything he had, with every ounce of desperation coursing through his veins. She could feel the love he felt for her in it more clearly then her own and she couldn't help but melt against him, couldn't help but kiss him back trying to return that love in equal measure..

When they parted he cupped her face in his hands.

"Do you know now?" He asked softly. Her breath caught in her chest as she looked into his eyes. She could feel his love spilling out of them searing into her soul, filling her and completing her.

"Maybe." She said softly.

"Well atleast that's progress." He remarked.

She let out a chuckle at that and leant into his chest burying her face in its warmth. His arms went around her immediately cocooning her making her feel safe.

"I'm sorry I left." She said.

"You still never answered that one. Why did you? And why did you disappear so completely?"

"I.. I was afraid."

"Of what? That I would come find you?"

"It's complicated."

"I think I can keep up."

"Part of me.. Part of me wanted to be found. And the other part was afraid that you wouldn't come. So I just'"

"You made it impossible for me to come find you."

"Yes' is that crazy?"

"Maybe. But humans usually are."

"Well that's comforting."

"I would have come Damini. If I had known that you wanted me to I would have come."

"You loved me more then I loved you then, I guess."

"I don't know about that. Maybe I just had more faith in us."

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For hurting you."

"I forgave you for that a long time ago."

"Prithvi'?"

"Hmmm?"

She edged away and he let go off her.

"What is it Damini?" He asked after a few moments of silence.

She merely reached out and touched his face. Her fingers touched his forehead and then the spot where his eyes used to crinkle every time he laughed before coming to rest on his cheek.

He saw her take a deep breath, before he could ask her again about why she was looking at him like that her hand found his nape and tipped his head forwards as his lips met hers in startlingly intimate kiss. He kissed her back, pouring what seemed to be his entire soul in it.

"I love you." She murmured softly her words caressing his lips as her hands slipped into his hair.

"What?"

"I love you Prithvi. I always did. I.. I never stopped."

she was staring at him with her heart in her eyes, her entire face alive with happiness and contentment, as if she finally felt free now that she had spoken the words.

"I love you too." He whispered, a slight tremor in his voice as his throat clogged up a bit. It was only after he had said the words did he realize that his heart was oddly lightly too before he pressed an intense kiss against her lips.

"Come with me." he murmured for the second time in the same day once they parted. She placed her hand in his and he led her forward. She looked on curiously when he simply settled down on the bed and patted a spot next to him.

"Come on," he said with a slight tilt of his head, a soft smile on his lips.

Once she had settled down too she looked at him, not really sure where this was going.

"So, Miss Gujral what have you been up to in all this time? You have any good stories to share? I got plenty."

The conversation simply flew from that moment, as they moved from one story to another sharing their tales, their achievements, their wants'.Prithvi and Damini did not know when the night slipped into a new dawn. One that spoke of hope, of love, of happiness and of content and it was only when they finally fell asleep in each other's arms did they acknowledge it completely and thoroughly that this was love. And this time they were going to hold on with both hands.

~*****~*****~*****~*****~*****~

Thats it! Tell me what you think!

Love,
Maham

Edited by ...Maham... - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nan08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
MahammmmmπŸ€—

Wonderfull OS... am sure Kushiii wud b very very happy reading such a angst filled.. romantic.. emotional roller coaster PRIDA ride ..beautifull SS..justtttt loveeeedddd itttt :D

PS: thnks to Kushi bcus of whom we all pridaholics got such a good treat :))
Maz. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Lovely OS Maham!...interesting beginning to it..hehe.....nicely written as always. :D

pia09 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi Maham, beautiful OS. 
alu5123 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
This was absolutely fantabulous. I think you have really outdone yourself. The passion in your writtibg is so amazing. Thanks for the PM, I would have missed out completely as I dont come on this forum all the time now.
amiya121 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Mahammmm   !!        πŸ€—πŸ€—

What a  Lip Smackingly SIZZLING Birthday Treat for Khushii .......... and all of us got Lucky too  πŸ˜ƒ

Haiiiyyeeee..........What can i say except that it was a real PRIDAlicious , PRIDAtastic Treat  !!  β­οΈβ­οΈβ­οΈ ⭐️

Loooved the Concept and the Title is Absolutely WOWW........   πŸ˜ƒ

The Beginning with both of them Angry and Bickering as usual   !!     πŸ˜ƒ 

An Angryy PRI  and a Defiant Damzie ........... Aaahh........ Hawttttt.......... and just the way we Love them   !!     πŸ˜› 😍

and then both of them unable to deny their feelings and the Dance   !!     ❀️     and Your description........ Very Beautiful , Very Sensual and Soooo full of Passion  !!     ❀️😍

And what can one say about the Interlude in the Hotel Room ...... ahemahem........   πŸ˜›  The Passion , the Fire , the Sizzle   !!    Absolutely Hawttilicious   !!     πŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒ  Very Well Written  Girl  !!

Your writing as CRISP as ever and the Expression as detailed and Brilliant as always !!   πŸ‘πŸ‘ 

How can one Thank you enough for this much needed PRIDA Delight   !!

With tons of Thanks and Loads of Love

Amiya
Edited by petunia121 - 13 years ago
..Waves.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Mahammmm.....

Beautiful.....Marvelous.....OS ⭐️⭐️⭐️...!!! All dat angst part.....Brilliantly done πŸ‘πŸΌ....But so expecting it frm *Queen of Angst* aftr all... (as ppl call u here πŸ˜›πŸ˜³...)...!!!

Alwayzz a treat to read ur OS's....!!! I still cnt get over *Tears of Blood*....dats a magic u created with ur write-up's 😳.....!!! Wonderful work...!!!

Great job πŸ‘πŸ‘....LOVED it to d core....!!!

-Nitika

Edited by crazypridaholic - 13 years ago
Khwahish thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Maham !!

wonderful OS this was ..Totally Pridaistic..from start to finish..their fights , arguments , pri carrying her in arms , dancing , kissing and and totally loved their convo at the end ...this wat i call a love- story...superbπŸ‘

i wish khusi ka b'day saal mein 365 baar aata ..toh humein roz aisi dhamakedar daawat milti ...itni saari pridalicious treats ....

waise aaj ke din khushi poore ek din ki ho gayi thi..toh uski treat kahan hai ??πŸ˜‰..
bolo bolo tell tell ??...
hehehe me evn bigger bhukkad den Jai Chawla wen it cums to Prida πŸ˜†

w8ng fr more Prida stories frm u

--khwahish😊

Edited by khwaish.e.arsh - 13 years ago
jakhushi thumbnail
M.........

Khush is in Love (imagine me with 3 hearts going gol gol around my head)πŸ˜†......with You. You are right...you are an adorable bachcha.....Thanks for this fantabulous birthday treat.

Will post longer comment when I get time to breathe.....

And M..."It's complicated"!!!!!???πŸ€”.......wait till I whack you on thisπŸ˜›.

Love
Khush.
LazyKid thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Such a wonderful OS Maham
wonderful to read prida fighting around ... it had all the emotions...anger,confusion,pain,love....

Wat a treat to read such OS and that to on the occasion of Khushi's birthday 

Loved it to the core