Celebrities whom you judged a book by it's cover!

MoccoLatte thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey Guys, 

ok so my topic is based on celebrities whom you judged whom you judged a book by it's cover, but later thought they aren't half as bad after watching their movies or interviews or the opposite where you really liked them and disliked them because of their attitude, acting skills or the way they talk etc. 

My pick is Ranveer Singh, when I first looked at him I was like ugh who's this monkey face? But later after I saw BBB I actually started to like him, he wasn't half as bad as I thought he would be. I watched his interviews and he actually seems quite genuine and quite decent even though he's not very good looking hero material type of guy. His acting was quite good and I see the potential in him to grow as an actor. 

Anyone else have any other celebrity? Do share your views😃
Edited by Chokonesta. - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Marauders thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I haven't seen band baaja baraat yet but that's what I thought about ranvir too 😆. but after seeing him in award shows, he does seem like a nice and genuine personn.

I have to say emraan hashmi, when he was new, i was like ew whose this but when i saw his movies, i liked him! he;s a good actor

desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
kareena..hated her until jab we met and kurbaan
Sonam.. Rani.. SRK.. Ranbir.. but the thing is, my judgment was 100% correct.. they still suck..! 🤔
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
For me recently it will be Vidya. I have never seen mind blowing performance from her.  On this forum and on twitter ppl can't stop talking about her performance in Ishqiya. So I watched it to see what the hoopla is about...I was disappointed. She didn't impress a bit! Watched NOKJ too, and still she didn't impress apart from 2 scenes...that's not good!

The opposite effect would be Anuska: Didn't think much of her in her first film and Badmaash Company. But she made me a fan after seeing BBB.
Edited by beboholic - 13 years ago
-Jahnvi- thumbnail
I judged Priyanka by not exactly a magazine cover but from a newspaper article and an advertisement. I used to think she would be a great actress but guess I was wrong 😆 (no offense to PC fans)
I had a harsh reality reality check with Sonam Kapoor. When I first saw her in the Saawariya promos, I thought that she would be a great actress because she "looked" like one. But was I wrong or what? To this date I haven't finished watching Saawariya. In Delhi-6 she was a torture...it took me 3 days to finish that movie just so I wouldn't be traumatized all at once. I feel like my ears bleed everytime she opens her mouth and talks. 

Ranveer Singh...I thought he would turn out to be like Mimoh but I was proved wrong there. I was impressed by him in BBB and hope it stays like this for his future films.
I despised Ranbir Kapoor....now I can tolerate him somewhat as an actor

Originally posted by: indn inn0cence

I had a harsh reality reality check with Sonam Kapoor. When I first saw her in the Saawariya promos, I thought that she would be a great actress because she "looked" like one. But was I wrong or what? To this date I haven't finished watching Saawariya. In Delhi-6 she was a torture...it took me 3 days to finish that movie just so I wouldn't be traumatized all at once. I feel like my ears bleed everytime she opens her mouth and talks.

LOL..i can feel your pain...  😆😆..
IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ranveer! I didn't like him at all at first. I thought he was a wannabe hero. Actually when I saw the first BBB promo I thought FLOP but man was I proved wrong. Fantastic actor and movie. 😃