•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago

Article from Afternoon DC - Mumbai, India

Kapil Nirmal is Sarja Raja!

Monday, January 24, 2011
By Sandeep Hattangadi

Kapil Nirmal better known as Yudishter Shishodaya from Star Plus hit show, 'Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat' is now back after a 6-month gap with Imagine TV's new presentation, 'Pardes Mein Mila Koi Apna'. This Jaipur-born dude began his acting career with ETV Rajasthan's show, 'Ina Meena Dika', then he went on to do a telly film, 'Roop Ki Rani'. Kapil then shifted to Mumbai where he worked with Reliance (Reliance Big Pictures) who, coincidentally, are now are producing his latest show.

Describe your character in the show?

I play a Marathi character called Sarja living in a chawl. Sarja is a ruffian, full of aggression, completely different from my soft spoken 'Baraat' avatar. My on-screen father is a police constable and I really resent our low socio economic status and want to rise up in life. I love my  brother, Chandu (Arjun Bijlani) who falls in love with a girl Nirupama (Bhavna  Khatri) from another community and I will do anything for him. Although my character is generally white, there are certain grey shades to me as well. There also will be some twists due to my past which will be unraveled over time.

What is the USP of the show?

Apart from the above love story, the underlying social and ideological tensions between our group and Nirupama's side will be an added attraction.
Also father-son conflicts have not been shown much on desi TV. Our show basically deals with city life seen from a lower socio economic strata. There will be lots of conflicts arising out of different emotions and I will play a key role in the churning which will take place. For the moment we are working hard to create our characters.

But nowadays, shows don't follow set scripts and changes are brought to meet TRP requirements?

I better not talk about that. I am just an actor and it is my job to put in my best till the very end.

Can you talk a bit about your look?

I am a cool guy, with a stubble. The only down side is that I will not be able to play any other type of character during the time this show is on air.  It also will be tough to anchor a show (his wish list) with this 'tapori' appearance.

You debuted with Star Plus and now Imagine?
See, we actors are always looking for interesting and varied roles to entertain the audience. Having said that, channels are very important. Star is a settled network and Imagine is trying to reach the top. Ups and downs always keep happening (He was referring to imagine very low GRP base).

What did you do during the long gap between both shows?

I did lot of travelling, went to Manali, Ranthomobore, Corbett National Park and Goa (first time). I did not want to do 'run of the mill' stuff hence I waited and my patience was successfully rewarded.

You have done a couple of dance reality shows?

Yes I did 'Nach Baliye' and 'Zara Nach Ke Dikha'. The latter took place last year. Actually, I was first penciled for that Star One battle of sexes show, but dropped during the planning stages. Later, they came back and requested me to enter at the 11th hour, I agreed. All said and done the fact that I entered late did contribute to my early exit as I could not be in sync with my boys' team.

Any more reality shows?
 I would love to do more dance shows. Not only dance, I am game for any kind of adventure stuff. I will draw the line on Big Boss-type formats. God save me from such a day where I might be forced do it.

How tedious it gets to play the same character day in and day out?

Very much, but that's the way the idiot box functions and you have to take the rough with the smooth.

Any chances of you settling down with girlfriend Anjali Abrol ?
I might go down the Atal Bihari Vajpayee route (laughs). Fate plays such a game that things keep going wrong either from her end or mine.

[aww poor Kanjali...now looks like they really want to marry☺️]

glad to get a full interview of Kapil.... πŸ˜ƒ plus this article has given 2 proper interesting news about Kapil acting elsewhere before[i already he worked elsewhere too but never got to know the names....] πŸ˜ƒ and i loved his reply to big boss kind of shows.... πŸ˜†

my small heart just broke into two it seems he is Sarja Raja and not Sarje Rao.... πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜†
[P.S he has the word "Raja" linked to his name again.....πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†]

Edited by sujji0609 - 13 years ago
Sujji, love this interview..... Hey so much new information... we didnt knew that he worked on some local TV serial named here.....

About serial, which new twist he is talking about... I guess we need to patiently for it.. I am happy that he is intrested doing other show parellaly with this show, but his looks(😑) is not giving him chance 😭

I am also more happy that he likes to stay away from Big Boss type of shows... better he do that. I hate that show....

About Kanjali, ohhh god, I will pray for Kapil and Anjali to have blissful married life. "Atal Bihari" way? That proves how much he loves Anjali and cant think of any other girl in his life.

Sujji, dont be heartbroken his name is Sarjerao... printing mistake dear!
Thanks Sujji for the article and hope Kaps visits this thread and reads our comments...

Loved this interview especially as he seemed more relaxed and when he is that way his sense of humor shows up- like his joke about Atal behari route
Wish he was more like this in his Online and OnScreen interviews -  In myspace interviews during NB4 he was very good at most interview but his birthday one was very awkward bec he did not seem very comfortable there.
Hope to see more Screen coverage of Sarje Rao and also more On the Set interviews...
Really hope that Kanjali get married this year itself.... 
I MIGHT GO DOWN  THE ATAL BIHARI  VAJPAYEE ROUTE LAUGH .FATE PLAYS SUCH A GAME THAT THINGS KEEP GOING WRONG EITHER FROM HER END OR MINE .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         plzz tell me the clear meaning of this line                                                                                                                                                         
Originally posted by tanxila

I MIGHT GO DOWN  THE ATAL BIHARI  VAJPAYEE ROUTE LAUGH .FATE PLAYS SUCH A GAME THAT THINGS KEEP GOING WRONG EITHER FROM HER END OR MINE .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         plzz tell me the clear meaning of this line                                                                                                                                                         

this means, at end kaps might have to lead the life of an  alltime bachelor as things at either kapils family or Anjalis side are nt going smooth................... (lets hope not, besides though kapil seems frustrated, he still has his sense of humor so probably problem ould get solved, it would just take more timeπŸ˜•)
thanks for the article ...lovely interview