Birth of a Geet - What goes around comes around

whitepearl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

Birth of a Geet - What goes around comes around

Yesterday's AA so called romantic drama was the most disgusting piece of creativity I have seen in Geet-HSP. It was worst than Dev-Geet's so called SR scene that was 100 times better that this AA fiasco.

Dev deceived Geet for money. Later he knew he was doing wrong but got carried away seeing Geet's beauty and natural charm and give into his fleshly desire. He consummates their fake marriage purely out of lust..  But after that his act haunted him day and night. And later that guilt compelled him to take the path of repentance.  No, I am not approving what Dev has done...to me it was a rape. But what should we then say to Arjun's act? If Dev was a deceiver, Arjun is a bigger schemer. What Dev did was a weakness of his character. But what Arjun did was a well planned, well executed crime. Dev deceived Geet but always admired and respected her. But Arjun despite of feelings for Annie insulted her love and dignity. Dev never planned to sleep with Geet but Arjun did. He stooped down to the lowest level of sin to commit his act of deception and slyness. Arjun planed and consciously indulged in a sin.

If I talk about Geet ....Her acceptance to Dev was circumstantial. She was made to fall in love for a man who pretended to be her husband. She was innocently ignorant and thus was robbed of her purity. On the other hand, Annie...she proved herself brainless and stupid. How can she leave her brother's most special moment and selfishly go after Arjun.  With Geet also she was really irresponsible. She is not a 14 year old girl drooling over a superhero.  She is a grownup girl. We expect at least some sensible things from her. I am so unhappy with the character sketch of Annie......But more than that I am unhappy with the CVs who are giving birth to another Geet. .....Now let me try to see things from a different perspective.

Annie's case is not an unreal one....everyday we come across such cases where boyfriend took advantage...or where girls themselves get carried away and do such mistakes. Indian society is changing at a speed where getting physical at young age and before marriage is no more a big deal for them. So if Annie has done ...what's the big issue? She was only trusting her boyfriend and trying to show her love by getting intimate. And may be she was in such a hurry that she couldn't wait for her brother's marriage to get over...what difference it would have made if she has done it afterwards. But the point is not whether to give in to your fleshly desires before marriage or not. But the point is how to find out that the person will not break your trust. She does not know that Arjun is purposely dragging her into this act. She blindly followed her instinct and trusted her love. So is she another 'Geet' in making. What I would say yes. Only scenario and background have changed. Both Geet and Annie is a victim of man's cunningness. And the result of such culmination is always bad.

Let's talk about the result ...Geet got pregnant ...and we all are aware of her and Maan's struggle to save the child. But think deep for a while and see where does that baby stand now?...That baby whose basis was laid on lust is now struggling for her/his survival. The baby has become a threat to her/his mother. Was it the baby's fault? Or Geet?..Think about it. In spite of getting blessed with a father like Maan...the baby is paying price for his biological father's deed.

Now if Annie becomes pregnant...which I think was Arjun's plan. He was tying to impregnate her out of his revenge. Now, what is basis of that child!...Deception, Hatred and Revenge.  Imagine the fate of an innocent child born out of Hatred.  

And like Geet, Annie would also realize this harsh reality that what she was think lovemaking was actually a plot to strip off her purity and innocence.

We may think Arjun is doing all this out of his revenge and animosity between Maan and NT. But deep down we all know that it is Dev's doing that Annie is paying for. I truly wish Dev's entry at this point because he must realize that even if one's repentance receives forgiveness but 'what goes around comes around'. I hope he also loves his sister as Maan does and this will finally made him realize Geet's plight. How one selfish act of his had made Geet 'parayee' and how Annie has become the ransomed price for his sin!

And yes 'What goes around comes around'.....Arjun will also one day realize but that day will be too late for him to even repent. Only God knows what bigger price he will be paying! I hate him more than I hated Dev.

Edited by whitepearl - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

muskanp thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
very well said I felt the same thing when I saw that part..
u really depicted them very well in words
nanditasingh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Varsha,
Lots said and discussed on this, infact i too could not stop myself from making a post on 'the act' ... but none could have presented this angle of the 'facet' as you did.

'jab boya pedh babul ka toh aam kahan sai paye'

Yes everything ends where it started, live indeed comes in circle.

Guess thats why its said that 'heaven and hell' you face it all in this life itself.

Dev's act of sin is now Annie's destiny to bear...already Maan & Geet have been suffering ...

I can never forgive Dev no matter how much he repents coz he very well knew where things were leading to, i agree it was not planned.

But Arjun, i don't even want to call him a man, how can i ?

Dev had no feelings for Geet , were as Arjun claimed to have fallen in love with Annie, her innocence, her purity as he himself had claimed.
Yet he went ahead to strip her, rob her of it just to satisfy his lust for revenge against Maan.

If he were a man enough he could have faced Maan like a man & fought his battle what he thinks he is doing for his sister.

But he dint.

He blinded Annie into believing him. And taking advantage of the moment when Maan who  'my eyes are always on u'  was unavailable to save his li'l sis ...he cornered her & raped her of her heart, innocence & future.

What kind of future can she have now?

Every one cannot be Geet to find a man like Maan , nor can just any man be Maan.

If Arjun goes the 'redemption' way (thats come to be a trend in this show) can Annie go back to him with same amount of love and trust that she had in him & hence dint stop him from having her.

A man who dint respect her dignity , did he really ever loved her !

This whole thing has so much to say ... that my thoughts are all getting 'hotch- potch' trying to put them into words.

Thank you for the post Varsha.

Edited by nanditasingh - 13 years ago
whitepearl thumbnail

Originally posted by: muskanp

very well said I felt the same thing when I saw that part..

u really depicted them very well in words

Thanks Muskaan ...Glad to know that U also felt the same. For me this show was always about how Geet will get justice in the end but here seems there are many more Geets getting victimized by the wolves in sheep' clothes.
simi91 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
thats true when yu know yu have sis & play with an innocent girl ur own sis i'll pay heavy  price later own so this show tell us what happen inreally life its an example Edited by simi80 - 13 years ago
whitepearl thumbnail

Originally posted by: simi80

thats true when yu know yu have sis & play with an innocent girl ur own sis i'll pay heavy  price later own so this show tell us what happen inreally life its an example

Yes Thre are many valuable lessons one can learn from this show and this is just one of them ..Annie's state should be warning to be cautious of two faced people. 
prema_ks thumbnail
again one more fantastic post from you👏. very well analysed. more than geet's case anni type incidents happen. 
rsroopali thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
seriouslyyyy 2day i was commenting on it only
like whichever guys naintara is related thy end up getting innocent girls preg
bechari naintara ka asar

bluedreamz953 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I was disgusted at that portion...I can't imagine how low can a person stoop to take revenge! Arjun is sick!!
Well,you have said it all!

Dilsay thumbnail
Well said 👏.
We had in our mind that something like this would happen b/w AA  .This track in GHSP is very fast developing .Maan's marriage will go parallel with Anne's pregnancy.Again a lot of drama, twist and turn will continue in Maneet's  marital life.😭