Revisit & Review - Geet Hui Sabse Parayi Episodes

WaveTeal thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 months ago

This year it will be the 14th anniversary for Geet, when we visit this thread might be some other year.
To refresh our memories & make the forum more lively I had been planning to drop this episode review thread for long. Do join me everyone in this journey of review. Tag your favorite reader, writer, maaneetians to re-live the moments. 🥰
Let's begin!

~🍁~

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayi

Aired from 5th April 2010.

Episodes 1 to 11

So the first episode starts with a brutal scene of honor killing. To be honest, I was very absent-minded when it was running on TV. But when I was binge-watching Geet episodes again, I could perceive the depth of the starting scene. It's enticing and shows a very dark reality of the society. 

Geet as a character has appealed to me so much in these first few episodes. She was shy yet very different from the cliche saas bahu show leads. In these initial episodes, the focus is on her innocence. It's almost like she wants to be free but is tied down. She wants to laugh but can't without getting reprimanded by her brother Brij & Daarji. Everytime Brij opens his damn mouth, I felt like...

Yes from the very beginning!

Geet's bond with titto and Rajji is so cute. Then Dev enters the scene and the way their marriage talks - moves too fast one can almost tell something is very fishy. 

Meanwhile Geet CVS trying their best to build a chemistry between Dev & Geet. (Gotta say, Abhinav nailed this role, I absolutely adore him! 🥰)

While I was not active in the forum back then, but it never clicked in my mind that Dev is the lead. When I was watching this on TV, it always clicked that something would happen and the actual lead is yet to be revealed. So far in episodes 1 to 11 basic background is covered & the plot is getting thick.

Needless to mention how Geet had the most simple attires yet she looked so pretty!

Her cuteness only increased with episodes

Dev wants to meet Geet and due to her conservative family decides to have a sneaky peaky meeting but alas Geet gets stranded and chased by the goons. Then she first time meets a stranger! Just a moment ago a fortune teller told her that her life partner would enter her life this very day! 

Now coming to the MVP episode 12

The very fact that the stranger is a hottie by appearance, I am not even counting that. It was so fresh to see that he didn't bat an eyelash when Geet asked for help lmaooo! smiley36

I have seen this scene some 2000 million times and each time it will remain fresh!smiley4

Geet Maan first meeting ❤️ | Whatsapp profile picture, Best couple, Profile  picture

Maan's characterization is just perfection! Best male lead from Gul so far. His little imperfections make him even more cuter! Looks are an added advantage of course! His hot personality is the reason why it made him appear 100x hotter IMO!

I mean, can you blame me? smiley36 The intensity of this scene is just.....Uff tauba! 🥰
He was so stoic yet when her life was in danger he didn't think twice and jumped on the water to save Geet. Well many may say Geet should have known how to swim but samjha karo aaj usko swimming aati toh haye hamare munde see kaise milti who itne romantic setting mein? 
smiley36

The best part is when first time he talks it's : CHUP!

Me again : 

Brooding Mysterious hero with attitude ✅ - Recipe forsmiley34

For me this was new from the very boring male leads those days. And till this day smiley36
Mind you I was a huge KSGian and I think Gurmeet had topped IF overnight or something.  Facebook was in chaos. There was sheer rage online. I wonder what if social media had existed back then like today! The chemistry is spot on from the very first scene of Maaneet banging with each other under unprecedented circumstances. 

Geet tried to drive Maan's jeep & ended up crashing his tent & then Maan yelling at her to apply brake was something that didn't get highlighted much. But I find that scene unintentionally funny. Like Geet even said brake kidhar hota hain!smiley36 And then mighty MSK trying to stop the Jeep with his sheer strength...

I am like smiley36 
media.tenor.com/EKbGRpPSgtMAAAAM/matlab-kuch-bhi-b...

Humor aside, the scene was shoot quite nicely though. I mean I get it they wanted to portray his valiant masculinity & we got the hint loudly don't you worry! smiley36

Moving to next scene, then Geet finally convinced this obstinant man & made him give her a lift! smiley32 
Isse humko kiya maloom chala? Maan ki pehle din see Geet ki samne nahin chali hain! smiley37

Chalo Next episodes ka review baad mein! Aaj ke liye itna hi! smiley31

Do share your reviews along with me as we reminisce through the episodes!
💜
How was it for you, what did you think of these first few episodes of Geet? Anything you disliked or liked very much? I know a lot might not tune in but I will continue this review sessions. 🤗 Because it's not always possible for me to update stories & need something refreshing. If you too feel the same do share your comments 😊

The best part is even after 14 years, not a show like Geet has been made yet many replicas have been attempted! A show ran for less than 2 years yet being talked about for 14 years & more itself speaks of the depth in my eyes. 

Edited by WaveTeal - 2 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

taahir004 thumbnail

Congratulations on your Thread 

it's rather refreshing and so amazing to revisit all episodes 

The first few episodes was not really watched by me 

but because been on GF I decided to watch them , though I did not feel

much at that time, it's only when Geet really came to Delhi

did I pay interest in all the episodes 

aparna3011 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

congrats for thread

relive all sense again 

actually I started seeing show from episode 5 

khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Hi Iptida smiley1

Thanks for this thread

cannot believe 14 years for GHSP! 

appreciate the efforts to keep this forum going

Always great to revisit GHSP episodes through someone else's perspective

I have never watched these episodes

but reading your review on the episodes is like watching these episodes

love the pics ! smiley27

P.S I need to watch the show! 

have not downloaded the episodes

any idea if the episodes are still on YT?

GuruDd thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

yes 

whole serial is present in YouTube

https://youtu.be/Kf6_sBAipGo?si=z3MZs_ZniSbJs2sH

GuruDd thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Yes 

I am very close to Gurti Maaneet

never had enough of them 

thanks for starting this discussion

its nice to remember every episode 

latecomer thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

You nailed it.smiley32... can't get enough of them eversmiley42

WaveTeal thumbnail

Thanks a lot for sharing your reviews. If it's possible then do tag other members to share their part of Geet's journey as well. 
You can start sharing your thoughts on any particular episode that you begin watching GHSP with. smiley42

WaveTeal thumbnail

I would also like to add that this review thread is for everyone. Doesn't matter if you have watched or not, forgotten the basic storyline etc, you can always take part. Especially those people who were not here during the telecast & joined late or became a new fan. All are welcomesmiley31
I remember making an anniversary thread with my beloved Sahibo & Madhu.

Miss those days. It's not possible to make that type of thread again but at least we can make the 14th anniversary somewhat special. 
This show has offered us great escapism from the real world, a solace in the forum by the countless stories. It will remain special!

Migraine thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Thanks for the lovely review thread. I became a big fan of drashti with this show. Don't really remember the first episodes in tv. When Maan entered everything changed. That rescue scene is really a cult classic.