nanditasingh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
KanyaDaan

Who truly deserves to do Geet's Kanyadaan?

Her Family ?

Nay !

thats my answer if the question was put across me .....

Manchanda , Pinky's Dad ....a man who became father to her when her own family had disowned her , when her own father had asked her to run & save herself instead of standing ahead & defending her....Manchanda  without even trying to know why she left home he welcomed her in ....He is a true father figure for me & he is one who deserves the respect & honor to do Geet's kanyadaan.

Adi, though Geet calls him Adi Sir not Bhaiya but from the day they met he has been the elder brother she could wish for , unlike Brij who wanted to kill her .

Dadi Maa.... She welcomed Geet into Maan's life , Khurana house & Khurana family wholeheartedly ....even when she dint know Dev was part & responsible for any gloomy past that Geet has faced .... then too she never questioned Geet about her being lonely , on her own. Rather she made Geet trust in her as her own Dadi not just her Boss's Dadi.

She took care of Geet throughout the wedding preparation making sure Geet got all the best she deserves .....

She made Geet always feel at home & supported her against all odds ...She for me is the true Head of a Family ....unlike Darjee who blessed & sent his grandson to hunt & kill his grand daughter.

To me only these 3 people ......Manchanda , Adi & Dadi maa alone deserve the honor and right to give away Geet legally, morally, spiritually to Maan

Not Darjee....

Why not Darjee?

Isn't Darjee the one who instilled all the values that Brij executes ..... !

Isn't Darjee the one who wanted to wash off their hands by Geet wedded asap , that too without caring to check about the groom !

Isn't Darjee the one who had asked her to forget Dev or about justice !

Isn't Darjee the one who had ordered her to get the baby killed !
Isn't Darjee the one who had given Brij the order/right/permission to kill Geet !

Isn't Darjee the one who kicked out Geet coz she sent Brij to jail !

Is this what a doting grandfather do to his  child ......is this the value the Head of a family stands for?

Seeing him there  Geet's reaction spoke volumes about what she feels for him ....
fear with some amount of disgust that made her call herself 'not Handa' anymore.

Redemption & repenting might take away the load of your own crimes & sin from your mind but never washes it away.....

If all acts of crime & sin (esp. Rape & Murder) could be so easily forgiven then God the spring  & ocean of forgiveness & love could have not created a Hell for sinners to suffer ....

To me the honor of doing Kanyadaan given to Darjee is as repelling as is Dev getting the right to be called father to Geet's unborn baby.

--------------------

Added

As i see some of my friends felt i'm complaining against Maan having invited Darjee

well..if  Maan asked Darjee to come ..i can see why Maan did it & i love & respect him more for that...he let go of all ill feelings only to keep Geet stress free owing to her present health ....

But my issues are with ones who think Darjee having felt bad for his crime is enough & so he holds right to perform the kanyadaan...i fail to see why!

'Sorry does not make a dead man alive ....'

Geet could have been dead if not for Maan.....

What good could his redemption have done then !

------------------------

The above is my point of view , I stand by it .... I would no doubt respect yours whether i agree with it or not .

Love
Nandita
Edited by nanditasingh - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Invincible_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
well summed up nandu...........

i just have to say dat

jo haath apni bacchi ki jaan lena chahte the .........ab wahi haath kanyadaan karen.........naaaa
not happening at all.........

wen geet was in mess den she was a black spot on dere name,pride ,honour and dey wanted to kill her and today wen she has fought 4 herself,is successful and has a  name,pride,honour and got a father's name of her baby...........dey come back and accept her coz now she is not a burden on dem...............
ht. of hypocrisy...................

pinky's father deserved dis honour
Edited by pooja83 - 13 years ago
Loquacious_Aash thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
nandu i have alwaz been saying since marriage topic came up.that manchanda shud do the kanyadaan.............

rem how he said "jab ghar ki badi beti bahar hai to................."

he won me over that day................

me didnt like darjees entry at all.....anyone except him wud have dine...............

but i guess Cvs want to show his repaentance as a lesson....
sksg thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Good point Nandu! The hands that tried to kill her are made to do kanyadaan for her, no way, not happening............ I am for Manchanda all the way .................

Having said that, I will withstand it for one and only one reason => If that is what Geet desires. She deserves to be happy and if this will make her happy, then I am with her. Besides, this is in a way a victory for her => She made the man who wanted to kill her to bless her instead. If this is not a great victory, then what else is?
Edited by sksg - 13 years ago

Originally posted by: aashluvsmaan

nandu i have alwaz been saying since marriage topic came up.that manchanda shud do the kanyadaan.............

rem how he said "jab ghar ki badi beti bahar hai to................."

he won me over that day................

me didnt like darjees entry at all.....anyone except him wud have dine...............

but i guess Cvs want to show his repaentance as a lesson....

i second u......
Silentsoul thumbnail
I agree Nnadu....kanyadan unse jinhone use mrne kee koshish...ki.....😕
saanjh11 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
wht they did to geet was wrong totally wrong but wht maan did was only for his geet he is the one who called daarji and if later repents than it will set an example for the person like daarji in our society
nandinivarma1 thumbnail
i agree with u...we r not willing to forgive dev even though he is shown as repenting for what he did...and we want him to be in prison...neither geet nor maan has forgiven dev...so why daarji should be forgiven???wrong...he does not deserve to do the kanyadhaan...the new set of cvs have again goofed up, written a script without viewing the old epis...brij bechara is only a toy in the hands of daarji...it is who he gave the order to kill geet and the baby...it is he who instigated the crime done by brij... 
_Invincible_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sanjh1234

wht they did to geet was wrong totally wrong but wht maan did was only for his geet he is the one who called daarji and if later repents than it will set an example for the person like daarji in our society

i agree wid example setting buddy but den dev is also repenting 4 wat he did............so should we forgive him too and accept him as saint?
saanjh11 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: pooja83

i agree wid example setting buddy but den dev is also repenting 4 wat he did............so should we forgive him too and accept him as saint?

wht dev did was back stabbing and unforgivable crime and in case of daarji he whtever said or did was in front of every one because all this is deeply rooted in the society .so to unroot the cause of such behaviour it is must that repentance shud be shown.here we r talking abt reel life and there out in real life daughters r suffering .daarji has to give eye opening  message to the people like him that he even as the head of family was wrong and don't forget this is the real theme of the serial