Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: Melissa

Brennan and Booth are so back! The periscope scene was too cute for words. And the car scene with the 'nitwit & bonehead' was just beyond adorable. I was laughing with them. Watching them like that left me smiling broadly. It was like watching BnB and DB-ED blend in๐Ÿ˜†. The scene was EPIC. Never have we seen these two laughing like this before. Brennan did laugh like this once before in season 3, but Booth was all confused then. Here, both of them were laughing their heads of.........like friends. Their friendship is just too precious to not dote upon๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†. Wordd! It truly was EPIC cuz we've neverrrrrr seen them laugh THIS freely with each other before.....you can see how far Brennan has come....could you ever imagine her before this laughing over silly names like "numbskull" and "dimwit"?? LOL.....but that is the change that has happened with her over time....and it's so subconsciously playing out how PERFECTLY in sync they are over everything....even back to the humor.....truly I felt like I was watching old seasons....Booth giving her looks when she's saying stuff like "your husband must have enjoyed having sex with you" and the stuff about the kids being deformed....the old Booth was back!๐Ÿ˜†

In the last scene when Booth said that 'that person's not going anywhere', I think they wanted to show us what Booth really believes in. That scene was definitely a foreshadow, but not a realization. Throughout the entire episode we saw how Booth believes in something, but when it comes to his own relationship with his gf, he opts for the opposite. Sure he is being sort of hypocrite-ish, but it is quite evident that his relationship with Hannah is a practical one. He is a heart person, and he believes in all those stuffs that he says to Brennan......but when it comes to Hannah, he does things differently. Sure, he likes Hannah. Devoid of the fact that we don't find anything likable in Hannah :P, going by what is said about her, she is a smart, beautiful chick. So, why would Booth like a smart and beautiful chick, who likes him back? I think sometimes he says stuff to Brennan which he has faith in but doesn't wait long enough to consider that his faith do not exactly apply to his life. I think at this point Booth is in a very weird sort of denial....he says something and passes on easy advice to everyone but doesn't apply it to himself.....with Brennan, now it seems he's returned subconsciously to how it all used to be....the easy camaraderie....those looks...everything....and even the things he's saying to her are what season 3-4 Booth would have said when he loved her subconsciously but didn't realize it fully....but I dunno why I still felt a bit weird in that scene that he said this cuz I can't forget how he said to Hannah that he hardly ever had feelings for Brennan and was just being so dismissive of her....I want all this to get clarified in some sense in the coming epis.

And, am so not happy about next week's promo. I guess they gave us two good episodes in a row to keep us cool while watching the next episode.......so that we don't scream 'MURDER' LOL somehow next week's promo isn't bothering me....I mentioned this in the FC and I'll say it again...it's your Ross theory....I think the only reason he's going to THINK of proposing to Hannah is cuz Sweets is making him feel all sad about never having been married in his life๐Ÿ˜†....so he'll consider it....he might even pick out the ring...but I have a feeling he won't ACTUALLY propose to her....he'll stop just short of it....let's see.

Melissa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Booth's expression at Brennan's way of dealing with the wives were so season1. The reason I loved this Booth so so much was because he was behaving in the exact same way he used to do back in season 1, 2 and 3. He was acting quite happy-go-lucky type. The somber cloud which loomed over him in season 5 wasn't there. He wasn't at all guarded.......his mind and heart were all in one place....he wasn't under any sort of stress. It was so good to watch this Booth. I hope this Booth stays permanently now. Now that I have watched the very original Booth, I don't want him to be even replaced with the season 5 Booth (whom I did love a lot).

Anu, if Booth doesn't propose.......I would be elated. I want him to do exactly that......realize who he really is in love with and lets go of Hannah. But since I am bracing myself for the worst, and am not letting 'happy thoughts' come in my mind, I will be irritated in Booth proposes to Hannah. Yeah, things are becoming relatively better than it seemed last week given that Sweets' unintentional taunt at Booth's life has driven him to act this impulsively. It makes the proposal not as meaningful. Booth is going to have a scene with Brennan after his scene with Hannah.......since there wil definitely be no marriage, I wonder were will that leave Brennan and Booth's relationship....hmmmm. Guess all those will become a little clear when they will be stuck in the lift.
AreYaar thumbnail
LOL arey we ALL love this Booth for those very reasons, Mels....It truly felt like the good old original Bones with none of the season 5 heartbroken/mopey Booth or this seasons' JACKASS jerk version of Booth.

It's just the last scene which I found a bit confusing in a sense....that's all I'm saying. What exactly was Booth trying to say to her when he said, "that person's not going anywhere" when HE himself has hardly been there this entire season....lol....the guy's in major denial that he's not even realizing the words coming out of his mouth....lol....or is he saying to Brennan that "I love you the most....I'm still here, not going anywhere....oh only that I'm dating Hannah cuz I "love" her too and totally doing her every free chance I get" Ermmm๐Ÿ˜†

Next week's epi should be exciting and give more insight into Booth's frame of mind vis a vis the proposal....whether it happens or not....and seeing the stills for the V-day epi, I'm pretty sure BnB are gonna be in a good space heading out of that....I'm just intrigued to see HOW it all happens.
Edited by nureat01 - 13 years ago
Melissa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I can understand why exactly you are confused. Although I was ๐Ÿ˜ in that scene, that line did left me ๐Ÿค”. So, I grabbed onto whatever explanation I could come up with. I still want clear answers for Booth's pointed inconsistent attitude, but if I don't get it, I will actually be quite okay without it. I will just ignore some stuffs.....I'm too happy with the changes, and don't mind getting carried away๐Ÿ˜†. But totally agree with you, Booth is in major denial. If he were just an average guy, I would have said that he had multiple personality disorder......but since he is Booth, I'm excusing him :P
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Actually I think it means he DOES love Brennan the most - Although he does like Hannah, he doesn't exactly love her the way he does Brennan. That's what life is all about. If you ever get separated from your loved one, you'll move on - that's the basic law of nature. But if that loved one is "the one", all your consequent relationships can never be the same. He is just giving Brennan that indication in so few words - that although I've moved on and I'm in a committed relationship with Hannah (whom I do like/love), no one could ever replace your place in my heart.
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: LadyMcbeth

Actually I think it means he DOES love Brennan the most - Although he does like Hannah, he doesn't exactly love her the way he does Brennan. That's what life is all about. If you ever get separated from your loved one, you'll move on - that's the basic law of nature. But if that loved one is "the one", all your consequent relationships can never be the same. He is just giving Brennan that indication in so few words - that although I've moved on and I'm in a committed relationship with Hannah (whom I do like/love), no one could ever replace your place in my heart.

See that's understandable on paper, LadyM but his ACTIONS throughout this season contradict that....if he truly did love Brennan the most (I know he does but going with the argument for a bit here....), WHY did he barely even give her the consideration of FRIENDSHIP for most of this season? If she truly always mattered the most despite his having "moved on", WHY did he never SHOW that? I can't suddenly forget the MANY moments in this season when he DID blow off Brennan for Hannah in the stupidest of ways....he can't SUDDENLY come back and SAY "I'm not going anywhere"......Like I said in my previous post on the last page or something....SUBCONSCIOUSLY it works....to show him being affectionate with her...the camaraderie, the LOOKS being back....that all works....but to SAY this to her? When his actions have TOTALLY contradicted for most of the season...for whatever reason...his defense mechanisms etc. etc....he WASN'T there for her in b/w....he DID go somewhere....NOW he's back....but he can't just say "that person isn't going anywhere" I can't fully buy it.
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Anu, I know he's acted like a jerk throughout the season. He's made fun of Brennan and brushed her off several times, in front of Hannah. He needed something to shake him up. And the sniper did just that. It shook him to the core - to see what misused power/misguided principles can do to a person. It made him see more of himself in that man. Booth is not exactly proud to be a sniper - especially not when he sees men like his mentor. And Brennan has always been his anchor, not Hannah. Therefore he was forced to re-evaluate the choices he's made in life.

See ..he's in a very awkward situation. He moved on with Hannah and Brennan confessed her feelings. He's always felt the tug for Brennan, like I said, although he won't admit it so easily - because men like Booth want to make believe that rejection cannot hurt them and that they can effortlessly move on. He was not exactly brandishing Hannah in Brennan's face, yet he was subtly trying to give her a message - look what you've missed.

So until the point he was clueless about Brennan's feelings for him, he was a jerk. But when he understood that she was equally in love with him, he was confused. His first reaction was denial - nah my life is perfect right now and I've moved on. He even revealed Brennan's confession to Hannah - simply because he wanted to hear it aloud that he's done the right thing. Guilt does that to you. But post-Brennan's confession and the sniper episode, he's started realizing that what he has built for himself is an illusion.

But Booth has one problem - morality. He will do anything to protect his morality... even sacrifice Brennan's love for the sake of his morality of not wronging Hannah in anyway - if that makes sense.

Edit: Going to the gym, will be back in a while :-)
Edited by LadyMcbeth - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Hmmm LadyM....personally I don't think that one sniper epi can suddenly change everything enough for him to start SAYING stuff like this to her again....yes the sniper epi shook him up but that shaking up can result  in the LOOKS being back, the camaraderie being back, but to SAY this to her is pushing it in my opinion.

Btw he WAS brandishing Hannah in her face....have you forgotten so many epis now, LadyM? :P He was QUITE the jerk.

I don't think this has anything to do with his morality characteristic. I'm not  asking the question of why is he running after Hannah....he's got his own convoluted "honorable" reasoning for it.....that's fine....I just feel that he shouldn't SAY things to Brennan that he hasn't delivered on in a long time....pre season 6 Booth could have said that....but after the way he's been with Hannah, saying stuff to Brennan like "I'm not going anywhere" feels a bit soon to me at this point in the situation.

LOL I honestly think that line was thrown in just to make all the shippers happy and go "aww Booth"๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by nureat01 - 13 years ago
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
No Anu. I haven't forgotten what a jerk Booth has been this season. I toh had even written him off. My only point is, sniper episode made Booth re-evaluate the choices he made in his life (symbolically). That plus, Brennan's confession must've gotten him thinking ... although they didn't show that well. Initially he was the rejected one - now he overturned Brennan's proposal due to his life he built with Hannah. Not all people react immediately. Although he sounded flippant during Brennan's confession, that must've been his way of trying to gloss over the issue at hand, not a great reaction, but then not everyone is the same.

So what I'm trying to say is - the line he marao-ed may not be bought by everyone. But I kinda get it. He is just sending her a very subtle hint that he's not going anywhere and that she's always held a special place in his heart. IMO it is not too soon. In fact, it is a little too late - considering Brennan confessed a while ago.
Edited by LadyMcbeth - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: LadyMcbeth

No Anu. I haven't forgotten what a jerk Booth has been this season. I toh had even written him off. My only point is, sniper episode made Booth re-evaluate the choices he made in his life (symbolically). That plus, Brennan's confession must've gotten him thinking ... although they didn't show that well. Initially he was the rejected one - now he overturned Brennan's proposal due to his life he built with Hannah. Not all people react immediately. Although he sounded flippant during Brennan's confession, that must've been his way of trying to gloss over the issue at hand, not a great reaction, but then not everyone is the same.

So what I'm trying to say is - the line he marao-ed may not be bought by everyone. But I kinda get it. He is just sending her a very subtle hint that he's not going anywhere and that she's always held a special place in his heart. IMO it is not too soon. In fact, it is a little too late - considering Brennan confessed a while ago.

@bold: And THAT is my point, LadyM๐Ÿ˜† They didn't SHOW it well enough for me to fully digest this line....even if it's some sort of "delayed reaction" to Brennan's confession as you're saying....I think there are too many broad conclusions being drawn here and basically both of us are just basing it on those conclusions....you feel he's having some sort of delayed reaction to Brennan's confession, I feel that he's still just in denial and kind of a split personality in a sense right now๐Ÿ˜†.....I would have preferred if they'd just let the subconscious moments say enough about his state of mind right now.....like the looks at the end of the last epi....the camaraderie, affection in this epi....them laughing together.....hmmmm.....oh well, I'm waiting to see what the next epi brings us.