Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Heyyyyyyyyyyy ... Am I actually the first one to post here? *shies away from camera*
Edited by LadyMcbeth - 13 years ago
psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Hey all, congrats on the new CC!

LadyM - wanted to reply in the old one....but that Patiala House trailer looks good. A little bit of CDI, a little bit of Goal and a lot of Bend it Like Beckham thrown in....there's a "seen before" quality to it, but I'm just glad AK's doing something other than trashy comedies. And one thing I do like is that his character wants to play cricket for England, and not India. Not because I'm anti-India or something....just that its nice to see that an Indian living outside India is not being shown to tread the "usual" path and play for Southall International or something . Kinda along the lines of Monty Panesar too I guess. 

I like AK, I like Rishi Kapoor, I like Dimple Kapadia and I like Anushka. Bring it on! I just hope its treatment is different than every other England-based-sports-life-metaphor film...

And thanks for the 7 Khoon Maaf one as well - yes, it is certainly quirky. I still haven't made up my mind what I think of this....
Edited by psawyer - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Congratulations, LadyM😆  Wonder if Kavya will show up to act like a drama queen over this😆
AreYaar thumbnail
I feel mehh about Patiala House....has a veryyyyyyyyyyy jaded quality to the storyline.....seen it way too many times (Indian person born/brought up in England wanting to play football/cricket for England😆) and the one song promo I saw.....laung da lashkara or something was SO blahhhhh🥱.....don't see much chemistry b/w Akshay-Anushka and doesn't seem like Anushka has much to do in the movie other than mouth cliched lines to encourage Akshay to go live his dream *rolls eyes*
psawyer thumbnail
Yeah, the story is cliche....but I guess it depends on the writing/acting/directing to see how well they come out of this. Having said that, the director is Nikhil Advani....so he can either go the KHNH way, or the CCTC way....or will it be a disaster like Salaam-e-Ishq? question is, is it better than Kal Ho Na Ho or worse than Chandni Chowk? Not inspiring too much confidence in me...but the actors are all very capable, so I guess my hope is that they pull it out of wherever NA has left it ðŸ˜†

Edited by psawyer - 13 years ago
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Anu, Vasu - I second Anu's opinion. Although initially it looked interesting, on second, third viewing, I too feel that the promo has a jaded look to it. It seems like a combination of JA's "Goal" or Gurindar Chaddha's "Bend it like Beckham" to me. Almost like the makers were trying to appease England after Lagaan. Anushka seriously doesn't seem to have much to do in the movie. It seems that her role was extended later on, to capitalize on her popularity after Band Baaja Baraat.

Originally posted by: nureat01

Congratulations, LadyM😆  Wonder if Kavya will show up to act like a drama queen over this😆

LOL ... Kavya doesn't mind anyone else on the first place - she only competes with Mash! 😆
Edited by LadyMcbeth - 13 years ago
psawyer thumbnail

Originally posted by: LadyMcbeth

Anu, Vasu - I second Anu's opinion. Although initially it looked interesting, on second, third viewing, I too feel that the promo has a jaded look to it. It seems like a combination of JA's "Goal" or Gurindar Chaddha's "Bend it like Beckham" to me. Almost like the makers were trying to appease England after Lagaan. Anushka seriously doesn't seem to have much to do in the movie. It seems that her role was extended later on, to capitalize on her popularity after Band Baaja Baraat.

Possibly true. I read that the initial posters had Akki-Rishi only, but after BBB, they were removed and new posters with Akki-Anushka were brought out. 
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Vasu - So I heard as well ...

Anu - So Ankita is saved by the judges and MR is staying back ... good news for all their fans :-)
AreYaar thumbnail
It seems too masala to me....with the huge list of random "aaho ji, we are PUNJABIS" type of characters in the huge family and all this OTT colorful-song dance routine.....sports movies are rarely well made....usually the ones with more simplicity are the better ones cuz they have heart...this movie looks sorta artificial and OTT to me with more energy expended in adding on the window dressing of random song-dance routines with sadly not even good music to speak of.  Anushka and Akshay look so awkward together to me in that promo....no chemistry to speak of....lol

Don't remind me of CCTC....WORST movie I've ever seen in my LIFE.....ppl bitch about Tees Maar Khan...I say that has NOTHING on how UNBELIEVABLY RETARDED a movie CCTC was....I still shudder at the memories......KHNH worked cuz of KJo's script I think.....there was nothing exceptional direction wise there.