Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

...Mina... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

thanx for clearing my doubts bhaiya, really appreciate it so much !!๐Ÿค—

i have a lot more questions about the mahabharat๐Ÿ˜†, but i will ask them all later.Embarrassed

and i saw ur vids from our scraps, luved them so much !!!๐Ÿ˜ will discuss it in detail through our scraps because am on thanksgiving vacation right now in disney worldEmbarrassed, typing through my daddy's laptop๐Ÿ˜†, but he's giving me a look so have to log off soon !!๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜†

plsss take care, hope ur doing good!๐Ÿ˜›
ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RamSitaKiDasi-

thanx for clearing my doubts bhaiya, really appreciate it so much !!๐Ÿค—
My pleasure dear sister. ๐Ÿค— My source mainly was the serial. But Vrish has also replied to you in Doubts thread where the answer of who challenged Arjun differs from the show. He would be better knowing about the authenticity of this fact. I also have the MB book and KMG translation with me though where I can check if you want. You can ask Vrish by the time.

i have a lot more questions about the mahabharat๐Ÿ˜†, but i will ask them all later.๐Ÿ˜ณ
๐Ÿ˜ŠMost welcome anytime. All members will be very happy to reply to your posts both here and in doubts and discussions thread.

and i saw ur vids from our scraps, luved them so much !!!๐Ÿ˜ will discuss it in detail through our scraps because am on thanksgiving vacation right now in disney world๐Ÿ˜ณ, typing through my daddy's laptop๐Ÿ˜†, but he's giving me a look so have to log off soon !!๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜†
๐Ÿ˜†That's great. Enjoy your good time. And also we will surely discuss about them. You can also have a look at Janaki's SK diary thread and her updates of recent episodes and of the videos you watched. 

plsss take care, hope ur doing good!๐Ÿ˜›
Absolutely. Same to you. Take care. Enjoy.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Edited by ShivangBuch - 12 years ago
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ADMJCXNK97fan

Speaking of MB Katha, i really liked Durga Jasraj in that! even though the whole story with ARjun, Ulupi, Chitrangad etc. was kinda disapointing (for me) i thought the actors were great! And Babruvahan is so cute! i remember him as Dhruv from Vishnu Puran!

I like choice 'number' C -- to Lola di!

if i might add a suggestion for D- (since Krishna related ones are devotional!!!๐Ÿ˜†) i really like "Mein Boondan Bheeji Saari" with Subhadra... but that's just a suggestion of my personal favorite, otherwise i go with C

Aditi, yayyy welcome back! I agree, my vote goes to C as well... I loveee Nainon ke darpan both for the melody and orchestration as well as Roopa's coy acting. That's probably the calmest, coolest she is in the whole series. I woulda put in Boondan Bheeji but I would actually group it with the classical numbers since there's more dance to it - right there with Jhanan Jhanan Mori Baaje Payaliya and Manva Madhur Madhur Kachhu bol. Now in that poll I wouldn't be able to decide between Boondan and Jhanan, both of them are awesomeee, can't sit still when I hear 'em!
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to mention that upon finishing RSK, my family has started BRC's Vishnupuraan so I hope to share my thoughts on the epis in this thread.

We completed the first three episodes and so far, they're good. We're at the part where Dhruv, still a small boy, has begun his tapasya to receive Vishnu's darshan, and Lakshmi Ma is not pleased that Narad has made such a small boy undergo such suffering.

I never knew the story of Dhruv before so it's interesting to learn about it for the first time. The heartlessness of his stepmother, as well as the indifference of his father, really broke my heart and made me feel so sorry for him and his mother, but then...it made me realize that because of this, he was able to receive Lord Narayan's darshan so technically, his stepmother did him good though her motives were not positive.

One thing I am confused about though...why don't they show Vaikunta? They show Lakshmi and Vishnu in this strange room, and Vishnu does not even look like Vishnu. Where are his other two arms, and where is Seshnaag? They show Lakshmi and Vishnu on Seshnaag sometimes, but most of the time they are in this floating room in heaven.

Also, I didn't really like how Lakshmi Ma was portrayed a bit too naive and unsuspecting. She's the mother of the universe and an expansion of Shakti. Why does Vishnu know so much about Dhruv's future but she does not? Is that in the story itself or is it just BRC's portrayal?
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
@Janaki I have seen the whole BRC's Vishnupuran on youtube

Its well made but now it has vanished from youtube๐Ÿ˜ญ
ADMJCXNK97fan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lola610

Aditi, yayyy welcome back! I agree, my vote goes to C as well... I loveee Nainon ke darpan both for the melody and orchestration as well as Roopa's coy acting. That's probably the calmest, coolest she is in the whole series. I woulda put in Boondan Bheeji but I would actually group it with the classical numbers since there's more dance to it - right there with Jhanan Jhanan Mori Baaje Payaliya and Manva Madhur Madhur Kachhu bol. Now in that poll I wouldn't be able to decide between Boondan and Jhanan, both of them are awesomeee, can't sit still when I hear 'em!

Thank  youuu!!!!! 
So true!!! that's probably Draupadi's calmest scene!!!
goodness you're right!!!! Jhanan vs. Boondan=๐Ÿคข LOL i'm STUMPED if we go there!!!! 
Another favorite song is Vinati Suniye --for Rukmini, but  i'm not sure where that goes, i just love it so much!!!๐Ÿ˜†
ADMJCXNK97fan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to mention that upon finishing RSK, my family has started BRC's Vishnupuraan so I hope to share my thoughts on the epis in this thread.

We completed the first three episodes and so far, they're good. We're at the part where Dhruv, still a small boy, has begun his tapasya to receive Vishnu's darshan, and Lakshmi Ma is not pleased that Narad has made such a small boy undergo such suffering.

I never knew the story of Dhruv before so it's interesting to learn about it for the first time. The heartlessness of his stepmother, as well as the indifference of his father, really broke my heart and made me feel so sorry for him and his mother, but then...it made me realize that because of this, he was able to receive Lord Narayan's darshan so technically, his stepmother did him good though her motives were not positive.

One thing I am confused about though...why don't they show Vaikunta? They show Lakshmi and Vishnu in this strange room, and Vishnu does not even look like Vishnu. Where are his other two arms, and where is Seshnaag? They show Lakshmi and Vishnu on Seshnaag sometimes, but most of the time they are in this floating room in heaven.

Also, I didn't really like how Lakshmi Ma was portrayed a bit too naive and unsuspecting. She's the mother of the universe and an expansion of Shakti. Why does Vishnu know so much about Dhruv's future but she does not? Is that in the story itself or is it just BRC's portrayal?

Dhruv was my favorite story from VP! After that i tried to do the same thing when i was little...of course i got bored very quickly so i gave up -_- lol.
I also got annoyed at the way Lakshmi was portrayed in this series, she reminded me too much of a little kid forever whining away. Fortunately later on she matured...a bit... not much but it was such a huge relief to me! I gave Vishnu extra adoration for coping up with her!!! (JK!!!) 
Well if you recall, in AS Ramayan (not sure if you have seen Om Namah Shivay, otherwise i would use that), Vishnu had this 'throne room' as well, in both cases/series. Except here, they don't tack on 2 arms &  sheshnag all the time, just sometimes when he's on kshir sagar. i hope that helps a bit (i was a bit confused too until i just 'took it for granted' as 'god's doing') ๐Ÿ˜†
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: ADMJCXNK97fan

Dhruv was my favorite story from VP! After that i tried to do the same thing when i was little...of course i got bored very quickly so i gave up -_- lol.

I also got annoyed at the way Lakshmi was portrayed in this series, she reminded me too much of a little kid forever whining away. Fortunately later on she matured...a bit... not much but it was such a huge relief to me! I gave Vishnu extra adoration for coping up with her!!! (JK!!!) 
Well if you recall, in AS Ramayan (not sure if you have seen Om Namah Shivay, otherwise i would use that), Vishnu had this 'throne room' as well, in both cases/series. Except here, they don't tack on 2 arms &  sheshnag all the time, just sometimes when he's on kshir sagar. i hope that helps a bit (i was a bit confused too until i just 'took it for granted' as 'god's doing') ๐Ÿ˜†

Yeah, Dhruv was just TOO adorable! When I get the chance, I'm definitely going to post a few pic updates of his story in the gallery. Right now we're watching the story of Hyagriva, and it's a bit boring compared to Dhruv, but we're almost at Matsya so I guess the story's progressing. It's nice to watch Nitish again though.

Yes, Vishnu's throne room did remind me of the one from ASR, but ASR showed Lakshmi and Vishnu mostly on Seshnaag, and Vishnu's 'throne room' was shown in glimpses for like a few seconds each time. It was not very important, whereas the throne room in Vishnu Puraan is the major spot where Lakshmi and Vishnu reside. Seshnaag is hardly shown, as well as the ksheer sagar. I was just wondering if it was significant or something.

Yes, the most annoying is Lakshmi Ma's whining and neverending questions. A few here and there are fine, since they are mentioned in the scriptures too, but she was portrayed like a normal woman, who turns anxious whenever her child is lost. Lakshmi is the mother of the whole universe, but during the Dhruv story, she acted as if only he was her child, even becoming angry at Narad for 'interfering' in the child's life.
nm21 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Please can I be added to the AT! I'm a massive "fan" of Mahabharat :) I use the word in such a context cause really I just love it! xx
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
^^ Welcome aboard, Nish, glad you made it here! Do tell us a little more about yourself and your thoughts on the show... any specific fond memories, favorite scenes, songs, dialogues, characters...?