Undeserving people get awards: Kareena - Page 20

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago
^^dunno abt why she didnt make those statements earlier...but it dosent luk like shes gonna stop attending those awards, or accepting them...i think she dosent have a problem with awards not being credible.....thts why she didnt say shes not gonna accept them or attend them..she just said she dosent want to this year because shes spending time with her family....shes gonna accept awards and perform in ceremonies in the future anyway....shes performing at IIFA 2010... Edited by smartie_pants - 13 years ago
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: smartie_pants

^^dunno abt why she didnt make those statements earlier...but it dosent luk like shes gonna stop attending those awards, or accepting them...i think she dosent have a problem with awards not being credible...shes gonna accept awards and perform in ceremonies in the future anyway....shes performing at IIFA 2010...

😆😆😆   because she is getting an award there, i suppose...!   😛

and obviously... kareena run away from praise/awards...??  😆😆😆  not possible....!!   😛😛

i guess ash not attending rules her out... which kinda sucks... most of the times, IIFA has good winners for best actor and actress category...!! 
no wht i meant was maybe she wasnt bashing awards or anything...she seems to have made a general comment in a matter of factly tone....shes not won awards a lot of times...like the year after JWM, the years b4 JWM, even last year...vidya clean sweeped the awards, she only got popular awards in screen and iifa.....i dunt think she made this comment because she is not winning an award this year...

but i'll agree to diagree...
Edited by smartie_pants - 13 years ago
i dunt think ash deserves it for guzaarish over vidya in ishqiya....hers was the most acclaimed female performance of the year by a mile...
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
vidya was also great, but so was ash... either one winning is fine, imo... of course, one might prefer one over another, that's their personal choice... but ash winning won't make the awards 'undeserving' over vidya... or vice versa...!   😛😛😛   'by miles' is also an opinion, because as far as i remember, ash recieved just as much critical acclaim for her performance as vidya...!   that's what i find amusing with people... there has to be one absolute winner... but as far as i see, i think kajol winning it for MNIK would also be just as deserving... because she was really good...!   i often read that 'all she did was screech', but that never stops people from praising sri to skies, when that's also all she ever did, apparently, if i go down to the nitty gritties...!!   😛😛😛  then again, to each their own...!   😉😛😛

knowing kareena, she only made the statement, because she figured it's quite cool... but she sonds like a hypocrite only... but then again, kareena always thinks she is being honest even when she makes snide remarks about her contemporaries...!   😛😛😛 
Edited by Nuktaacheen - 13 years ago

Originally posted by: Nuktaacheen

vidya was also great, but so was ash... either one winning is fine, imo... of course, one might prefer one over another, that's their personal choice... but ash winning won't make the awards 'undeserving' over vidya... or vice versa...!   😛😛😛   'by miles' is also an opinion, because as far as i remember, ash recieved just as much critical acclaim for her performance as vidya...!   that's what i find amusing with people... there has to be one absolute winner... but as far as i see, i think kajol winning it for MNIK would also be just as deserving... because she was really good...!   i often read that 'all she did was screech', but that never stops people from praising sri to skies, when that's also all she ever did, apparently, if i go down to the nitty gritties...!!   😛😛😛  then again, to each their own...!   😉😛😛

knowing kareena, she only made the statement, because she figured it's quite cool... but she sonds like a hypocrite only... but then again, kareena always thinks she is being honest even when she makes snide remarks about her contemporaries...!   😛😛😛 

your opinion on kareena is totally urs and i respect tht but i dunt tend to agree...

well...vidya was acclaimed by all major critics....raja sen, TA, Masand, anupama, mayank sharma et all....and the general audience......ash was not praised in as "hyperbolic" a manner i sppose...it was kinda mixed...(it was the kind of acclaim she recieved for JA)....and kajol recieved mixed reviews aswell...

EDIT:
like herz wht raja said in his review: " Aishwarya Rai [ Images ], as the nurse, is given a lot to work with, and makes use of as little of the potential as she can, instead trying to make her ruby lips the highlight of her role"

i remember there were other reviewrs too who echoed his sentiments...

..so i think vidya deserves it a wee bit more..... more so because i found her role and performance to be quite bold and path breaking, which wasnt the case for me with either kajol or aishwarya....to each his own...
Edited by smartie_pants - 13 years ago
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: desigal90

She sure deserved it for Kurbaan. Not her her fault indian awards are partial to hits and ignored her performance in Kurbaan coz the movie flopped.

I gotta agree with you here. She totally deserved it for Kurbaan. More than Vidya for Paa I think.
Nuktaacheen thumbnail

Originally posted by: smartie_pants

your opinion on kareena is totally urs and i respect tht but i dunt tend to agree...

well...vidya was acclaimed by all major critics....raja sen, TA, Masand, anupama, mayank sharma et all....and the general audience......ash was not praised in as "hyperbolic" a manner i sppose...it was kinda mixed...(it was the kind of acclaim she recieved for JA)....and kajol recieved mixed reviews aswell...

EDIT:
like herz wht raja said in his review: " Aishwarya Rai [ Images ], as the nurse, is given a lot to work with, and makes use of as little of the potential as she can, instead trying to make her ruby lips the highlight of her role"

i remember there were other reviewrs too who echoed his sentiments...

..so i think vidya deserves it a wee bit more..... more so because i found her role and performance to be quite bold and path breaking, which wasnt the case for me with either kajol or aishwarya....to each his own...

yes, but none of the others who sit on the board or the audience needs to have only "one" absolute choice... vidya's performance was great (i personally loved it), but others were really good too... a shade or two better, as per the overall number of critical reviews, don't really make too much of a difference... the critics are also audience at the end of the day.... that does not make their opinion more superior than the rest of the audience...!!
ladygaga thumbnail
I agree with smarie here.. VB deserved it over Ash for sure.. I think Ash's performance in Guzaarish is good.. but it fell short of expectations from a bhansali-Ash combo.. and ash's role also wasn't the kind where she was able to offer diff shades in her performance.. i thought the role was very monotonous.. and the movie was centered mostly around hritik.. ash's role wasn't anything that we haven't seen before.. and if talk about bhansali-ash combo.. then nandani, paro.. were class apart.. compared to sophia.. and i agree about the critics thing also.. guzaarish got great reviews.. but mostly the top critics did find faults in it and rated it as an average to below average..and ash was praised.. but in comparison to her poor work in her recent movies.. i don't rank guzaarish as her one of the finest performance.. VB got rave reviews from most of the critics.. and her role was edgy and had diff shades and she totally delivered.. and nailed it.
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ladygaga

I agree with smarie here.. VB deserved it over Ash for sure.. I think Ash's performance in Guzaarish is good.. but it fell short of expectations from a bhansali-Ash combo.. and ash's role also wasn't the kind where she was able to offer diff shades in her performance.. i thought the role was very monotonous.. and the movie was centered mostly around hritik.. ash's role wasn't anything that we haven't seen before.. and if talk about bhansali-ash combo.. then nandani, paro.. were class apart.. compared to sophia.. and i agree about the critics thing also.. guzaarish got great reviews.. but mostly the top critics did find faults in it and rated it as an average to below average..and ash was praised.. but in comparison to her poor work in her recent movies.. i don't rank guzaarish as her one of the finest performance.. VB got rave reviews from most of the critics.. and her role was edgy and had diff shades and she totally delivered.. and nailed it.

But I think Kajol deserved it more than all of them. 😛