desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Honestly, I've watched most of his movies (thanks to my mom) and his acting is good no doubt but is it really what people consider to be "the best" ..??

I mean really come on, for the past god knows how many decades of acting he's done, agreed he has a wide genre in his kitty but I feel his acting is limited to giving sly stares at rekha or a stonedfaced and yelling...

Today Big B is known as the 'baap' of Indian cinema.. but I wonder why isn't Dev Anand / Manoj Kumar  given these titles..they always show 'oh big b appreciated this actor so he must be something'..um chyeaah okay.. honestly, i find dev anand /manoj kumar much much much better actors (back in the day) than big b...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I'm sorry but I disagree....I think Big B is the best out of his generation and actually even today I find him good

BUT I do not understand the way people go absolutely crazy for him...building temples and such....I mean that's a bit too much.... but compared to acting I feel no one can beat Amitabh Bachan
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
No, not at all. Big B is one of the most talented actor of his time. He is a legend to me. He just has this magic on screen. And his acting is awesome. He is brilliant.
Edited by lensahunte08 - 13 years ago
nope...the guy has done everything...and i mean EVERYTHING under the sun as far as acting is concerned....hes done lots of amazing work and is one of the finest actors of the country..
theprince thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
For sure no .He is bollywood legend .
Nope he isnt, at least I dont think so. He is rated highly because he is one of the best bollywood actors I have seen. He has successfully done action, comedy, romance, thrillers, negative roles and what not. He has an amazing screen presence and.although I don tbelong to his generation of  movies, I cannot help but appreciate how charming he is onscreen. I think I started liking old songs because of him. He's a total package. Of course there will be a portion of people who don't feel this way but that doesn't mean he is overrated.😊
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

No way.... He is not over rated at all.....One guy who totally deserves it....

Many stars and superstars in the current generation are way over rated than him....
Edited by -Maddy- - 13 years ago
.shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
He's definitely not overrated...yes some fans do go to the extreme for him sometimes, but his talent isn't overrated. He's the only actor capable of making me cry & all emotional with his performance.
thanks to my chachu dearest.. who is a big fan of Big B and has this big collection of his movies.. i had the chance to watch a whole bunch of Bachan movies.. and i actually enjoyed them..

among my favorites are Sholay.. Amar Akbar Anthony & Satte Pe Satta..

I saw only 1-1.5 movies of Dev Anand (God knows how became a hero..) and Manoj Kumar.. i liked his Purab Aur Pachim.. but other than that.. they are pretty yawn worthy.. 🥱
desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
haha I guess I am the only one who thinks so, but thank you for your inputs :)

For me atleast if I look back to his movies when he was the prime interest // ~20-30years back, I don't find anything 'superb' wise as to go nuts over him..yes he good superstar for sure but I still dont think he is the "best"