Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

divy609 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: SAraW

The REST shouldn't have suffer. But unfortunately they have to .. AS the show is progressed like that .. It has become more abt Dutta then Naku.. and honestly speaking .. Trps only increased after Dutta came into Picture .. before that no matter how much the show was interesting ..it was not helping to raise trps.. and TRPS, TAM is all they want! ..the story wont be going anywhere IF dutta is killed or is replaced by a new Character or ACtor... Audience have come so FAR! story has come so FAR.. and No one will be able to fit in MR's shoes. . He has Given a soul to this Character..and a Style which is irreplaceable..so it wont work out for sure.. 

somehow I feel our petition will Work .. they might be able to convince MR coz The reason the man Stated sounded not god enough to leave a Character like that .. 

So there is still hope. 😊 

Thank You Sara😊.......
But the thing is This is not about PH .....The PH didn't ask him leave the show na MR wanted to leave ........Only if he decides to stay back then it might work out .......The creative differences ,if anything exists , should be resolved.....

Are we selfish.....Yess This is because we have become so attached to the character....Whatever the character does ......D Character cannot be killed ......So if MR wants to leave obviously he's gonna be replaced......No one can fill in his shoes That's the kinda impact he's created.....Even if someone else comes in How long is the show gonna last Another 5 months So why not have some flexible contract with MR nd retain him...
Edited by divy609 - 13 years ago
left_forever thumbnail

Originally posted by: bookworm2

Nobody is indispensible!! How can one be so sure that an other actor will not be as good as MR in this role. We all forget that MR was nobody till he essayed this role. So if you think, the character of DP as sketched by the writer is itself so strong. Let him go if he wants to and let some other talented actor get an opportunity. As you said why should the rest of the team members suffer from the actions of one.
I believe the cast people will be competent one more time around to find a good replacement for DP. There need not be any plastic surgery or other insane reason. they  can just be honest and inform about the replacement of the actor. I think if the story is strong and the actor is talent, within no time we will forget MR.
I for one would like to see LTL go on!!

Dear from your reply it seems that you havent walked the journey of Dutta and Naku as many of us here have. For you Dutta must be only a lead male character of a serial and he getting replaced is a common thing but for people who have lived everyday with Tasha, who have learnt lessons and got to know real meaning of love would have a huge heart break seeing their Dutta leaving his Naku and us.

What it is like for Dutta to leave Naku, patil niwas, patilwadi, LTL and us is something only those will undesratnd who have spent sleepless nights thinking when Tasha will unite, when Dutta will hug Naku, when Dutta will accept Naku, when will they bcum one etc

All the people on this forum who are ready to see someone else taking Dutta's place in Naku's life i would say are those who watched this serial and didnt live with it. I am the one who lived with Tasha for last 8 months and for me Dutta going is like a love story staying incomplete, a part of my life just walking off from me.

Now who is this DUtta for me....a human being with a face and this face is of Mishal. If this face is getting replaced by someone else then it is something which I wont be ever able to digest...as if Naku suddenly started having external marital affair with sumone else and cheating Dutta and girls this is a big blow you know...once a true love turning cheater

No hard feelings please
mussy.jamshed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rayjst

When the show ends, ppl will lose jobs, yes.. But the show wasn't created because it would generate job opportunities rite, it was created for the viewers... Nd as a viewer I would, like all of us, be extremely hurt if the show goes down the drain.... If they decide to continue without Mishal, no matter what the storyline, the ratings will surely take a plunge...It will last some 3-4 months nd would then have an unceremonious exit........Then also ppl will lose their jobs. So why bother wasting so much resources on creating something that would at it's best be a pale shadow of it's original self....It would be a torture to watch something like that happening to LTL nd it would be in the best interest of everyone involved with it that they end it.Wrap it up nd start new projects nd let all our memories of LTL remain as good ones only.... I agree with SAarW though, after Anna track, Dutta's character hardly gets nything major to do...First it was Naku nd Bappa nd now it's Naku nd Kala....But the current track with Seema nd Dutta sounds interesting to me atleast.....Keeping my fingers crossed, bad news after bad news since New Year, desperately hoping nd praying that the trend would change....

If an actor gets replaced in a movie sequel. it's a lot bit more easy to adjust to it because the first one probably already had a closure nd if not so also it's a 3 hr thing at max. Nd each of them are separate projects... But a daily soap nd their characters are the ones people relate to nd associate with a lot, it's something that you tune in for every day, things like Star Parivar awards nd all wouldn't have worked out otherwise rite....In Dutta's case, MR's image and mannerisms are etched in peoples minds forever as Dutta, nd even if they bring in someone who matches the character's physical description it won't work the way it did because that thing is gone...Especially so in Dutta's case because MR did a magnificient job with it....At the same time Dutta was a very well written charater too, that combination was what was phenomenal nd that is something which is very difficult to achieve...The entire cast has got a good onscreen dynamic going on which would be incomplete if one is recast... I have a feeling that TaSha might work but definitely not Duji, that friendship can't potrayed the way it was without MR as Dutta.......

It's jst 'cause it's Dutta, I mean if someone recast Naitik(no offence to the show's fans, pls don't be mad, nd someone tell me if i should delete this, is it against IF rules) or come to think of it most leads are replacable😆, I think I would hardly notice the change because that show runs based on some other concept, but this is Dutta nd Nakusha's story nd it's insane to do something like that.....I hope MR stays nd if not the other much dreaded option, they end the show😔.....

Outstanding post ..........I agree completely👏
rayjst thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hee hee😳, Danx.... *feels like a narcissist for pressing the like button when someone says ur post is nice LOL*  Guess that post was a distant summary of what every one felt🤓

Nd yep, MR is really intelligent, smart nd has guts... A very talented individual who potrayed Dutta nd brought out all those layers of his complicated psyche out... The way Mishal would talk about Dutta during his interviews, I have never seen nyone else do, not even "popular"  movie actors. He deserves something way better than run of the mill bollywood movies nd I really hope he gets them too.... He reminds me of the talented actors who understand nd research their characters very well nd then potray them... Sadly film industries world over don't  produce many intelligent thinking films dat are at the same time popular anymore..........Hope MR will be able to change that trend nd be able to be a part of really amazing projects.....
MR was mindblowingly good but I do believe that it was an effort from everyone involved with the project too nd if I start writing thanking them, it would go on for pages, so I better not...But wishing each nd everyone of them a great future too, no matter what fate has in store for LTL....

The journey so far was awesome nd I hope the rest would be too😊............

Nd this forum, God it's so fanatabulous, I don't have words to explain it... Everyone's so talented, nd friendly, pucho hi math😊. Glad to have discovered it nd dat is one more thing I am thankful to LTL for.....Awesome job everyone, especially the Dev Team, hoping nd praying with fingers crossed that we will get to see some amazing stuff in the coming weeks😃......................
Edited by rayjst - 13 years ago
ImmaculateDream thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rayjst

If an actor gets replaced in a movie sequel. it's a lot bit more easy to adjust to it because the first one probably already had a closure nd if not so also it's a 3 hr thing at max. Nd each of them are separate projects... 

Exactly!  tell me will u or anyone would be able to watch a movie where the same character is played by both SRK and is replaced  by Aamir khan in the second half???  two brilliant actors in a Movie Come on!!! playing a single character! 

same is the case with a show as well .. LTL is not like a never ending show.. it will end in sometime .. so, whatever issues MR has now with either Channel or PH he better resolve it with them .. show is bigger then their Egos.. An Audience is involved here one should not forget abt that..  

So they must resolve this issue otherwise LTL is gone for sure.. for me atleast ..😊 no doubt abt that.. 😊
neets_ltl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I was watching the 2 part interview of telly tadka with mishal and mahi and what struck me was the way in which he said something along the lines of, 'I actually was late in coming to India to take up acting' and so forth and that he is happy to be here. Mahi said in the interview her mum thinks he should be a bollywood actor. All written interviews have continously mentioned his bollywood dream. Its being drummed into his head that he can do it. The guy is so intelligent, frank and determined to achieve his dream, I wouldn't be surprised if well and truly is leaving. Im not going to sit here and criticize him for choosing to fulfill his ambitions, but I will find it incredibly ridiculous if the CVs choose to not end the show with a Tasha reunion with MR as Dutta. If someone replaces him, I will continue to watch the show out of curiosity and because Im not going to give up on something just because MR decided its enough. There is still talent left in LTL to admire- Vinay and Aashka. Obviously, it will be a massive blow to lose MR but you just have to deal with it. Watching episodes last night also made me realise that I will miss MR as Dutta a lot- but its something Im going to have to potentially deal with. MR has kept me glued to the screen for 20 odd minutes everyday but those minutes have been breathtaking! I will treasure the fact that LTL is a part of my life. And I can well and truly say that no other actor has stirred so many emotions within me like he has. No Bollywood actor has come close apart from SRK in Kal Ho Naa Ho. MR is amazing. 😍
right now i can't think of any movie that has done well.

this reminds me of the time when kyuniki's Mihri Amar upadhaya died in the show and viewers were devestated and they wrote e-mails to star and flooded their account and he was bought back to the show by public demand 😃

but then later he left when the show took a 20yrs leap to pursue a career in films which didn't go well so he came back to tv but never got that fame he once  had gotten when being on kyunki, because he left viewers thought he didn't care for fans. His movie career didn't work out and now he can't even get a decent tv show anymore.