salman hogging all the limelight!!!!!!!!!!

Mistyy thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
           i watched salman-aish-yana performance today, for a sec forgot who the "star' was and who was the chereographer? salman seems to be hogging all the limelight, he needs to back off little bit, none of the other chererographers do that. Here he seems to be the one making all the comments, talking to judges..poor yana is completely fogotten. he is trying way too hard to promote himself, he needs to cut down little bit.

Edited by dazzelll - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

salunie thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
NOOO WAYYY. Sorry but I totally don't agree with you.
All of us are well aware about the fact that Yana isn't that good at Hindi, and that is why he does all the speaking. And since he's the choreographer and brings in the new concepts, i dont see why he should not do the speaking. Yana doesn't seem to mind either :)
bonnefille thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I have similar feelings in the matter. I think Salman is a brilliant dancer and choreographer but in his choreography he is the focal point particularly in yesterday's act where he took centre stage while the celebrity contestant was put at backstage. And also Yana was the only contestant who didn't get an opposite gender which didn't make her the odd one out like in the cases of others. As a choreographer I believe you should bring your protegee into focus of your audience. 

All said and done.....their act was beautiful and would have been the best for me if I hadn't noticed this negative side of it. 
Mistyy thumbnail
i understand yana doesnt speak much hindi, but she is still the main "star"in the show. All the other jodis..comments,talks, chereography are mainly about the star not the chereographer, even judges need to pay more attention to yana. if she cant speak hindi, talk to her in english..put a translation, no need to make salman a star. plus salman's chereography also seems to emphasize more on him , which is def not a right approach.Edited by dazzelll - 13 years ago
bonnefille thumbnail
and talking with judges aspect....thats all right...choreographers are not inferior to the contestants that they can't do bonhomie with the judges. 
Mistyy thumbnail

Originally posted by: bonnefille

and talking with judges aspect....thats all right...choreographers are not inferior to the contestants that they can't do bonhomie with the judges. 

see i have no problem with judges appreciating choreographers, but i have a problem when that's the only thing they talk about. They are not giving any comments to yana, in terms of how she is doing, If she is improving, or what can she do to improve. All they talk about is salman and his choreography.
bonnefille thumbnail

Originally posted by: dazzelll

see i have no problem with judges appreciating choreographers, but i have a problem when that's the only thing they talk about. They are not giving any comments to yana, in terms of how she is doing, If she is improving, or what can she do to improve. All they talk about is salman and his choreography.

I guess that's wrong on judges part as well. My only grouch with Salman is that in his choreography he gives a lot of emphasis on his part. Yesterday he was out there taking the spotlight....yana came into centre only for a while in the end. That is why I liked Mahi's act the best.....nothing less for the celebrity guest or the choreo and yet keeping mahi in the spotlight. And Mahi is not even a good dancer. 
Mistyy thumbnail
^^ i have a same problem too. this show is about celebrities who dont know how to dance, not about the choregraphers. So ultimately, they should emphasize more on celeb's dance, doesnt matter how bad of a dancers they are, their dance should be the main focus.
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I agree, Salman should concentrate more on showing off Yana's skills- give her more difficult steps etc... even in the kalaripayattu, it was more of him and less of yana.... I do like both of them very much though...
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
hiya guys,

i totally disagree on this topic simply cz salman acknowledged judges comments as they directly addressed him. if u can watch previous episodes u'l see dat he doesn't even hold da mike and just bows to judges comments...

as for givin prominence, it was a trio act and not only just a mere act, but a fabulous act. he gave importance all three and not just him.... where as some acts didn't even use da 3rd person properly. salman's undoubtedly da most talked abt choreographer in da show and its nice dat ppl talk abt da choreographer once in a while than da star ðŸ˜‰  he rocks!!!!