Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mkzara thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
i guess basically the consensus is that most of india isn't what they show on tv but that doesn't mean its not like that everywhere. In some parts of india the culture reflected in tv can be applied. the culture isn't completely indian but is based on indian culture. it basically depends on where in india u actually are to decide whether or not the culture they show on tv is true. in some places women are unwed mothers, dress openly in others they are completely respectful and stuff. indian culture is diverse. do i have it right?
Rindam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sania_Hitler

Yeh exactLy.............Wht ever they display iz completely Fake......... I hav read many books abt the culture of India.........and Even The BOOK "GEETA" In that book i found that there was written that their true culture adds PARDA too.......but juz look wht they wear, wht ever they do in drama's is juz fake and nothing more than that and that iz the main thing which is spolling our culture too and their own culture too......that is the basic reason y we r far away frm Reallity And Success..........but to wht use we watch that Stupid indian dramas..........the reason that i think iz there dressing, and freeness..........thats it.......the way they talk wid their parents..........huh! thats sooo stupid.......i mean k no body who lives in India can imagine to talk like that or to have a baby before marriage......Lolz.........

Sania_Hitler, nothing personal against you however if you are referring to the Holy Bhagawad Geeta as the "book Geeta" please try not to in future. This is a very disrespectful way to refer to the holy text of millions of people to say the least. This is considered the Divine song from GOD. And as this is a public forum it would be prudent on your part not to be so casual in your phrasing or reference of such holy books or scriptures.

The Shreemad Bhagawad Geeta is not meant to merely reflect Indian or anyone's culture. To learn about Indian culture one would have to spend time in the country to understand what the true lifestyle is, which significantly varies in parts of the country.

And if you dont like "Stupid Indian Dramas" please dont watch them. this would help you from not blemishing your culture if you believe it has been.

Yes, there are Indian women who can imagine getting pregnant before marraige or never to have married at all by choice. It's not the rule of Indian culture but there are many instances, with or without their choice, with or without family support that women have babies before marraige. It's not wrong or shameful, one's route to pregnancy doesnt reflect their character.

Edited by Rindam - 18 years ago
Rindam thumbnail

Originally posted by: mkzara

i guess basically the consensus is that most of india isn't what they show on tv but that doesn't mean its not like that everywhere. In some parts of india the culture reflected in tv can be applied. the culture isn't completely indian but is based on indian culture. it basically depends on where in india u actually are to decide whether or not the culture they show on tv is true. in some places women are unwed mothers, dress openly in others they are completely respectful and stuff. indian culture is diverse. do i have it right?

huni, most of the serials are really not a true reflection of indian culture. Dressing and festivities yeah they are close, but motherhood, marital laws, parental approvals and plastic surgeries these are really adding just some zing to scriptwriting skills and not an accurate take. No serial or movie really is up until now, I dont think any movie has captured India truly, in my opinion. Its very hard to.

"Mouna Raagam" an old Mani Ratnam classic is an approximate reflection of a young couple from the South. Mani Ratnam's movies are less exaggerated I have found.

TV, what i cant quite give you a reference because its all EktaπŸ˜† and well her team likes its fiction

I believe, culture evolves with time, India as a nation and the whole subcontinent as a whole has seen many generations of people and many rulers who have left their imprint. So the India today is an amalgam of what could have had its orginal seed from the British, Portugese, Mughal or maybe as old as Dravidian or Aryan times. Who knows and why bother?And why does everyone believe Western Culture is "wrong". No it's not "wrong" or "right".

And clothing well, The saree in fact is quite revealing an attire compared to jeans and a T-shirt. Most of my friends think Im trying to play it hot when I wear a saree compared to when I wear a gown.

"Indian culture is very diverse" you have this one rightπŸ˜†

Vishesh, I have never had the chance to watch Buniyaad, HumLog and all, maybe I should.

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Rindam - thanks for making that point about our holy Bhagwad Geeta . I was about to tell her , but missed it . Although i guess she doesn't mean anything hurtfull and wasn't trying to insult.I hope so Sania !!
SuperDuper01 thumbnail
I read ur all Replies.......
One thing that i found which waz common in all of ya was that u all r Indians and Hindu........
But Alhumdulillah Am Muslim and a Pakistani..............
I wud like to say that We r frm two different Religions and Nations........And so that our Views wont match exactly...........
U r rite in ur own point of View , according to ur religion and Nation..........And so Im......
So for diz Reason.........Wht i think iz that its useless to Advice each other and make each others point of view clear and juz with 1 sense......... Will b totally Uslessssssss,MEanlessssss,And waste age of Time.....
Its better that we shud stop making a mess on diz Topic........

Rindam thumbnail

Thanks Indygirl. This really has nothing to do with anything personal to Sania_Hitler. I would have stood up for this to anyone. I just had to make that point clear.

Sania_Hitler, I dont mean to offend you and like you say different people will have different opinions, it was very important to me that I made that point.
Just like everyone's holy scriptures are important to them, mine is for me. Please understand the sentiment and I am sorry if I offended you.

Aparna_BD thumbnail

I read ur all Replies.......
One thing that i found which waz common in all of ya was that u all r Indians and Hindu........
But Alhumdulillah Am Muslim and a Pakistani..............
I wud like to say that We r frm two different Religions and Nations........And so that our Views wont match exactly...........
U r rite in ur own point of View , according to ur religion and Nation..........And so Im......
So for diz Reason.........Wht i think iz that its useless to Advice each other and make each others point of view clear and juz with 1 sense......... Will b totally Uslessssssss,MEanlessssss,And waste age of Time.....
Its better that we shud stop making a mess on diz Topic........

Firstlt Sania , the person who started the topic clearly had interest in the Indian culture , so all of us did are best to get you all a feel of what is Indian culture .
Secondly . no one wanted to make you see their point of view .....we only answered the question about " Is our culture same or different as portrayed on Indian TV)
Thirdly , no one advised ...........My advise to you said please do not insult our holy book and there's no need to call it stupid Indian serails . Please do not forget the majority of members are Indians and your words come across as hostile towards Indians . I am sure thats not your intention . So my advise was not to show hostility towards your neighbours in a open forum.

sowmyaa thumbnail

iz the main thing which is spolling our culture too and their own culture too......that is the basic reason y we r far away frm Reallity And Success..........but to wht use we watch that Stupid indian dramas..........

I don't have more to add apart from Indygirl and Rindam said. Both have said it all. πŸ‘ I could have never be able to explain the way they did. However, I would like to add to Sania_Hitler that to blame someone else for spoiling your culture and progress and success is not appropriate...be it country or individual one should be responsible for their own state. I personally believe that my views, my culture or my decisions in life should not be that weak that it gets affected by getting exposed to someone's else's culture or openion. Edited by bgdesai - 18 years ago
Rindam thumbnail
Good point bgdesai πŸ‘ . Often when we cant deal with something, we lay the blame squarely on someone else for changes that might happen in one's surroundings.
Aparna_BD thumbnail

As you are new to the forum .plz refrain from single smileys that have no written word and express nothing . This is from forum code . Enjoy debating.