Madhuri may play Sonam's mom in Anil Kapoor's next

Agent007 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Mommy, it's Madhuri!

The dhak dhak girl will essay the role of a mother in Anil Kapoor's remake of Freaky Friday

Sonal Chawla

Posted On Monday, December 27, 2010 at 02:08:06 AM

If all goes well, Madhuri Dixit will be soon seen in her comeback film, in Anil Kapoor's remake of Freaky Friday. Buzz is Madhuri will be essaying the role of Sonam Kapoor's mother in the film.

Anil was seeking an actress for the mother's role and had several names on his mind. Kirron Kher had refused citing date issues; other included Shabana Azmi and Rekha.

Anil Kapoor's new choice is Madhuri Dixit. Their friendship goes way back. A source close to the Kapoor revealed, "Anil Kapoor's next production remake of Hollywood flick Freaky Friday stars her daughter Sonam in the lead.

The movie plot revolves around daughter-mother relationship. Anil feels the dhak dhak girl is apt for the mother's role, due to her versatility as an actress."

The source adds, "Now that Madhuri has come down to India to be a part of a reality show, she was queued up with several scripts for films too.

Although one is not sure, whether she will agree to be part of this project, she did have a long meeting with Anil Kapoor when he approached her with the desi version of Freaky Friday.

Madhuri has liked the plot, but still needs to give her confirmation for doing the film. She is working out her dates."

Anil Kapoor said, "It's too early to comment on any of my new projects. But I would love to work with Madhuri in any capacity at any stage."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/201012272010122702080657936b796c5/Mommy-it%E2%80%99s-Madhuri.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Wow now that she's back she's going to be given mother type roles how low can these people go man? I don't want to see Madhuri playing mom yet๐Ÿ˜”
Abbyviv thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ruky786

Wow now that she's back she's going to be given mother type roles how low can these people go man? I don't want to see Madhuri playing mom yet๐Ÿ˜”

you took the words right out of mu mouth.. bad idea Mads! 

and plz we r fed up of remakes.. seriously! 
Edited by AbbiePrivate - 13 years ago
Terenaina thumbnail
It's so scary thinking about madhuri going to play a mom role to an actress. I know she's old enough to play but it's still it breaks my heart

I just wanted to see her with srk again
SriDevi89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Madhuri we love you hope ur choice works out there's no doubt u r talented but the industry isn't open minded enough to give u justice now u r older married have kids and are not a size zero.

Hope she rocks it and shows that her talent can easily rival the khans
ruky786 thumbnail

Originally posted by: iDiva

Well, if this is going to be Freaky Friday remake, remember in the movie, the mother does't play "Mother" for too long ๐Ÿ˜‰ Cuz mother and daughter switch bodies remember? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ In fact that will be easier to portray in Indian cinena, cuz they can easily so show some tantar mantar stuff hehe! ๐Ÿ˜† So going by that, Madhuri will actually be portraying a 20 something stuck in a Mother's body! โญ๏ธ

Oh yh but still I dont want see her play mother in any film yet and I agree @TereNaina I want to see SRK and Madhuri as well๐Ÿ˜ณ
wida thumbnail
im actually than quite exciteedd
cause hs will be like the DAUGHTER... sooo :D
sheee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I hope its a good one. Anil's movies are not doing good.

MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
freaky friday what a crap of a film & they want to remake it plzzzzzzz Madhuri turn it down 
-SMay31- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
No plz i still cant see her & juhi as in mother role..damn dis is not some soap Edited by -Sidra- - 13 years ago