shri kannan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I constantly see Stars performing for south indian songs especially tamil and telugu. But the costumes that they wear are kinda insulting us. Go for Dhoti(men) and half saree (women).

But whats with cheap makeup ,bended braids with pink ribbons,half saree that is 3/4th and the weird expressions ? Do you think that our movies or people in real life wear such things?

I could have taken that its funny if it was done in one show...but the same costume and expressions are repeated in all the dance shows...whenever the song turns out to be a south indian folk...

I am fan of ragini but i felt really bad while seeing the promos and the judges giving her a full on 30 :(

P.S: The word 'you' is directed towards the choreographers and the performers only😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HalkatJawaniJay thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Haven't seen the promo yet, so can't say anything about Ragini but yes I have seen this stereotype not only for South Indians but also for North Indians it's not only dance but in other aspects too... For the life of me I haven't figured out why are still stuck with stereotypes from 80's??
shri kannan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@kajolj: Yes .. I agree ..The fist impression remains unchanged still.Like, Here in chennai, all north indians are 'Marvadis' (mostly!!)
and there in North india , all south indians are 'Madrasis' !!
Sphallolalia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I agree with Shri Kannan, very valid pointπŸ‘πŸΌ

I am not south Indian but a huge fan of Tamil films. It's a shame that the weird expressions/caricatures are repeated in literally every show/season. 

Ironically, its the not so great dancers who perform well on them, remember Composer Anand Raj Anand in a previous season? and now RaginiπŸ˜•
AlexithyMia thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
its not just Tamil or telugu yaar...its for all the south Indians. not only in JDJ but I hav seen in many Bolly movies n other TV showz. South Indians r shown as silly stupid ppl...even i am a south Indian, n I too feel what u feel. its not fair 2 make fun of ppl. πŸ˜” They sometimes forget that even South indian ppl have contributed to Bollywood n d north (No Offense to anyone here) πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ
kinu17 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
I am not a south indian...but really i have observed this stupidity  in movies,all soaps...and i felt and i feel very bad ab8 this issue..this is like an insulting..i know so many south indian people..they r very intelligent,kind,educated,smart  etc kind of ppl ..but why this kind of national television make fun of them?they do with bangali ppl too  and same thing they do with sikh ppl as well as..always they make fun of them...it should not be like that...over here in usa in most of the computer industry  south indian,sikhs r the best employees...as well as bangalis too..bcoz of their smartness,full of kindness,devotion for the work..and definitely for their polite behavior and attitude  but all those so called media they will never try to realize  this...neither TV nor film industry...this is a shame...every thing should be in a limit beyond the limit ..its a disrespectful ...πŸ˜’
Edited by Kinara2 - 13 years ago
Eventide thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The entertainment industry is full of stereotypes. Its not just the south Indians. Punjabis (esp. Sikhs) are always projected as boisterous loud-mouths. Parsis as cranky misers.
Edited by Eventide - 13 years ago
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Kinara2

I am not a south indian...but really i have observed this stupidity  in movies,all soaps...and i felt and i feel very bad ab8 this issue..this is like an insulting..i know so many south indian people..they r very intelligent,kind,educated,smart  etc kind of ppl ..but why this kind of national television make fun of them?they do with bangali ppl too  and same thing they do with sikh ppl as well as..always they make fun of them...it should not be like that...over here in usa in most of the computer industry  south indian,sikhs r the best employees...as well as bangalis too..bcoz of their smartness,full of kindness,devotion for the work..and definitely for their polite behavior and attitude  but all those so called media they will never try to realize  this...neither TV nor film industry...this is a shame...every thing should be in a limit beyond the limit ..its a disrespectful ...πŸ˜’

Hey πŸ˜ƒ lets not forget TV serials making money off  of Gujju accent...We don't sound or act that stupid...I am sick watching that silly Dayaben over acting her gujju ishtyle...Grrrrr 😑🀒

Stereotype is done to most and that happens even in US...I guess part of life 😳
nycsweetie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
there are stereotypes for every religion/race/ culture....south indians, sikhs, gujrattis, parsis...its terrible but what can we do about it πŸ˜•
kinu17 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

Hey πŸ˜ƒ lets not forget TV serials making money off  of Gujju accent...We don't sound or act that stupid...I am sick watching that silly Dayaben over acting her gujju ishtyle...Grrrrr 😑🀒

Stereotype is done to most and that happens even in US...I guess part of life 😳

πŸ˜†ab8 gujju!!!Varsha i dont have anything to say πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰but i must say they r one of the best  business minded ppl i have ever seen ...but  nothing is too much entertaining when it is excessive..but yes i agree with u its a part of life but still CV should have their limit..of making funπŸ˜‰  usa tv channels they do this kind of things too but always has a decent boundary...😊😊 Edited by Kinara2 - 13 years ago