Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fantasia. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

NOT FAIR

"Tumhare hath kaise brown brown hain"

That was the first time I realized that something is wrong. I was 9 years of age. I still remember that afternoon very clearly. It was the recess time and as usual the school playground was crowded with children and the air was filled with there laughs. In one corner me and my classmates were also sitting, having fun?.making fun. The hi-fives exchanges and the loud laughter made no one notice the tiny tears forming in my eyes. That afternoon they all had great time, making fun of my dark complexion, my hands and face?making fun of me. They all were enjoying very much, and then the recess time finished and we all headed towards our classes. They all had a great time, not realizing that they ruined someone's life for their half-an hour's lesuire.

Today, even after 10 years I have not moved out of that awkwardness and embarrassment. Their voices and laughs still echo in my mind. Those mean laughs still fill my eyes with tears, and I cry my heart out.

But if I think carefully than in a way they all did me a favour. If that day they would not have pointed, then someone else, later in my life would have pointed out this thing. I wonder how I would have reacted, but that day a 9 years old girl was made strong enough to face mocking of her complexion. That day I learnt to control my tears and force a smile, and I am practicing this skill since 10 years and I have become quite expert. I have built that shield so strong that nobody knows the real me.

It is not that I am ungrateful. I thank God that I am not handicapped, I have a very loving family, stable financial condition. I thank God from the depth of my heart, but what do I do?this one shortcoming of me doesn't lets me look at the blessings I have.

For the world today I am a 19 year old young, confident girl, who studies in the city's best college, has a perfect family, extremely loving parents, a dream academic career, strong financial background, who goes abroad for vacations, a modern girl, who is not affected by all these physical appearances, but no one realizes that I do get hurt, I do cry, I do realize.

I read the mocking in everybody's eyes, I hear the giggles when I try to apply make up. My mother doesn't knows that I heard her saying to my grand mother in a help less voice that "main kia karon, ye achi lagti hi nai hai" . I understand the eye signals my class mates send to each other. It hurts how always my classmates start the stories of boys running behind their beauty in front of me. I know why does my aunt again and again emphasizes about her daughter's engagement, who is younger than me. I understand the scrutinizing eyes of people when I enter a function, noticing the little attempts I make to look good. I know the constant efforts my mother makes to make me look good.

I realize that I lack something. I realize that I am not beautiful

I realize that I am..not fair.

Edited by -Mehak - 13 years ago
AWonderfulChaos thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

mehak.....ok...first of all this is for u.......๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

i really donno what say.but will say watevr i want..........
i know.ppl are so low......they taunt n scrutinize gals on d basis of their colour.......
but sweetheart......i dont think complexion is anyways important.....i mean wat matters is ur inside personality......i hope ppl shud understand this n grow up n stop humiliating others......

wonderful writin as usual......๐Ÿ˜ณ
thnx for d pm...๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited by nikitasharma. - 13 years ago
daniella05 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
very true story...
beautifully written
thanks 4 the pm
AmyArTiMayUr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Mehak this was lovely๐Ÿ˜Š And yeah such things do happen๐Ÿ˜Š And it's high time people realise that the real beauty of a person is inside them...a pretty face can fade away with time, but inner beauty always remains...and also that Beauty lies in the eyes of the Beholder....๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š the people who dont realise this are not worth being bothered about๐Ÿ˜Š Edited by amyluvsmayur - 13 years ago
saraaa. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Oh my! The stories are great.....I'll see if I get time to write my own

And Mehr.....you had a beautiful story to which  I could relate too...maybe i'll share my story as well about that 

@Mehak your story really touched my heart
Edited by KaShBaarish..xx - 13 years ago
iTangled_25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
The story can be of any length right? No specifications na?
Edited by -Steffz- - 13 years ago
Silent.Dreamer thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
mehak.. it is reality yrr...
very well written...
thnx 4 the pm..
mayur_eternal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
@drfizaahmed..
It was a touching story..and u've written it well...all the best ....
Wings-of-Fire thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
yaar, you write fantasies very well. just stick to that. leave the reality for me.๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคฃ( woh bhi nehi choregi to main kya likkhu?)
-Symphony- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
well done mehak and yes its reality that many girls face.i don't know what is it with people.Inner beauty matters much more than just physical appearance.Yes i agree that people get attracted towards good looking people fast but thst doesn't give them right to mock at people who don't look good.thnx for writing this one