Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

OMG I LOVE THAT REVIEW!! Loved what they said about Kat!! Thanks for posting!!

It's a bad movie? Critics didn't like it? AWW YEAH. IT'S GONNA BE A HIT.

.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Didn't expect this much bad reviews. Now the only thing that can save this film is if the audience like it.
Edited by lensahunte08 - 13 years ago
-Anjaani- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
This gonna be huge hit despite bad reviews cuz most of people don't give damn, what critics said, even me 😆.  If my favorite star is in this movie, i will go no matter what😆.
-Anjaani- thumbnail

Just back from watching Farah Khan's (FK) 'Tees maar khan (TMK)'. (the movie is released in the UK on 22 Dec 2010)

'Main hoon naa (MHN)' was a pure entertainer with all Hindi film masala ingredients. 'Om Shanti Om (OSO)' was much more polished and had a better script too. I went to watch TMK to get completely immersed in entertaining euphoria. But FK disappointed me.

The biggest problem with the movie is the thin story line. To be precise, the story can be told in one line. This is supported by poor script and poor narration. None of the characters (other than Akshay Khanna) are alive. The jokes are repetitive . Katrina's role is limited to asking permission to put more make-up and dance without expressions. Akshay Kumar, although has done his part well, is no way near what SRK did to OSO or MHN. The picturization of the songs (apart from Sheila) is boring.

The surprise of the movie is Akshay Khanna, who really holds the movie till the end. He has done his job with great conviction, and I laughed for his every word and every act. If at all I would tell anyone to watch TMK, its because of Akshay Khanna's acting. There are definitely many laughing moments though. FK is loser without SRK, and it is not other way round.

-Anjaani- thumbnail
  1. Naveed
    December 22, 2010

I don't have the rights to post my own thread lol

Anyway this is my review of TMK

When the film was announced many were surprised. This surprise was for many reasons as we've all discussed before. The closer the film came to its release the hotter it became. Sheila Ki Jawani was the stamp of hotness on TMK and it surely is the highest point of the film (as will be discussed later).

The film starts with TMK mother watching a programme of criminals/thieves. Her husband warns her that she shouldn't watch such programmes as it will have a negative effect on the unborn child. Long behold we see the baby in the womb of its mother learning the art of crime (an innovative and funny scene).

Anyway the film's plot seems very appetising on paper but in simple terms is very poorly executed. TMK (Akki) along with his 3 accomplices wants to rob 10,000 kg of treasures and antiques. Some twists take place and TMK finds himself directing a film with the hero Atish Kapoor (Akshaye Khanna) and his gf heroine (Anya). He has to keep the whole cast and crew occupied for 1 whole week when the train will pass and he will attempt to rob the treasure. Also, throughout the film he has two inspectors on his case who always seem to catch him but TMK manages to escape. Will they be lucky this time?

As mentioned before the film does have a story to tell but the main problem is that is very badly told. The trailer of TMK in actual fact has all the meaty dialogues and all the best scenes. The film is patchy in most places except a few scenes (all involving akki which mange to evoke some laughs). Another major problem (for me anyway) is the lack of excitement or nervousness throughout the film. I wasn't expecting the greatest suspense but a little bit of excitement would have been nice considering they were going to rob a moving train with very expensive treasures/antiques. We've all seen the trailers, promos, read and listened to the interviews etc and we were promised that this would be the greatest con heist, the biggest robbery blah blah and blah. Trust me guyz when you watch it you'll feel completely cheated (well I did anyway). Furthermore, TMK is supposed to be the one that can open every lock every thala but except one scene (at the start) we never see this from him. In addition, the director Farah/Shrish throw in this attempt of an emotional scene involving the headless ghost and the missing children of the village- shockingly bad.

Before I move onto performances I want to just add that I can't believe that this has come from Farah. Putting aside SRK her earlier two films were actually quite decent and after watching TMK they were masterpieces. The audience was 70% full and as soon as the film started many more came rushing in and the hall must have been atleast 90% full. Considering the amount of people watching the film the atmosphere was very dull and quite a numb experience. Hardly any1 was laughing except the Allah ki Kasam scene (we all knew it was coming due to trailer). And before I forget Sheila Ki Jawani received a few whistles in its first few seconds. On a personal experience I kept saying to my friend that yaar surely it has to get better. Sadly, it didn't.

PERFORMANCES

Akki (TMK) – Looked very dashing and was dressed very well. Some scenes (Allah ki kasam), ringing Salman before Wallah re Wallah and the scene before Sheila song are especially noteworthy. However, nothing new in his performance and I would honestly say that it's a mix of his performance in HF, KM and DDD.

Kat (Anya) – Looked sexy and beautiful at the same time (as always). In this film I felt she danced like never before. Sheila track really is the highlight of this film and she also performs very well in Bade Dilwala track. However, her screen time is hardly noteworthy if added up when on screen. She comes and goes every now and then and hardly says anything except, 'you dirty dog' and 'aur make up lagao'.

Akshaye Khanna (Atish Kapoor) – why o why o why did this talented actor agree to this role. I found it disrespectful the role he was given and he's so right in his interviews when he himself said that the director wanted him to over act. He takes hamming to a completely new level. This role could have been done by anyone and I feel Akshaye should have stayed well away.

The 3 sidekicks did what they had to and I'll let you all decide whether they become annoying or not. TMK mother is quite funny and her scenes with Akki are well enacted (shame they were few and far between). Arya Babbar does well in his role as the police officer in the film. The cameos of other stars namely Salman, Anil and Chunky Pandey leave very little effect on the film as a whole. Disappointing.

They say the bigger you are the harder you fall. This film like everyone is saying will take a massive start but I feel will drop and it will drop heavily. There is nothing new in the film. The songs (title track isn't even shown except the start of it) are bad excluding Sheila. The chemistry is quite stale and you can't really have much chemistry if the heroine is hardly there and the hero spends most of his time with his 3 accomplices. Last thing I would like to add is that having that tawaif ka dialogue or saying the khans of all khans- tees mar khan etc is fine but having it repeated many times throughout the film becomes very annoying after a bit. It made it seem like the director was clueless in what they were doing as the film was progressing.

Last Word

We all should watch the film and form our own views. This attempt at a review is nothing but an opinion. I just hope that after many watch the film they will come to understand what I've written.

Rating 2/5

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
let's see it'll be a hit anyways rofl  thank heaven srk didn't do it 
lol...i cant believe some ppl are actually criticising the muvie for a thin storyline while comparing it to OSO and MHN....as if they had gr8 storylines in the first place...they could have said MHN and OSO was much more fun than TMK...end of story....no need to bring in the "shoddy screenplay" "bad cinematography" thing......its a farah, akki and kat film...wht do u expect......Pulp fiction???.
-iktaara- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Just got back from the late night show... I don't know what to say...Movie has no story and weird characters and lots of digs at film industry... And the stories of shahrukh bashing was strongly there--superstar with backpain...

I believe that Akki can only pull these kind of characters...I don't understand Why Akshay Khaana is working in these kinds of film and playing such bad characters...He was annoying at the best...

Katrina has 3 songs and 4 dialogues in this film.(Whatever u see in the trailer is the only dialogue she has) ..I guess she just proved again that she is a non-actor and is only a glamor piece in every movie...

Only highlight point of the movie was Kat's Shiela ki jawani...So if anyone is expecting some Main Hoon na then stay at home and watch shiela ki jawani on repeat mode rather waste 13 dollars for this one...

PS: IF you are a kat fan, then you are surely gonna be disappointed..
Edited by Kyaktsar - 13 years ago
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

There is  mahawra for this

Unchi Dukaan, Pheeka Pakwan,.😳