-Anjaani- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
I don't knew if it's real or fake
Tees Maar khan Review

Today was the First Show of TMK in London. I went to see it with couple of other friends and regret to say that its the worst movie of 2010. Whole year We been waiting to see at least one nice movie and had such a hopes from Farah Khan, Akshay and Katrina but its total disaster.

I was humiliated in front of my foreign friends for taking them to such timewaster. Did Farah Khan really saw the screening of the movie before release and if she did what makes her think that she should release this movie? All the great actors are wasted in this movie.But they all have proved that all they care about is money and not acting. Following points to be noted :

1. No Story 2. No huge sets 3. No nice songs except title song and sheila ki jawani. 3. All actors are wasted. 4. Akshay has nothing to prove as TMK. Like no action no acting no big stunts. Just a man who escape from jail and doesnt even show how he does it. 5. The treasure of 500 crore is not even showed once to believe it.

6. There is no villan in movie the two twins are wasted on the name of villan coz they no were looks like the owner of 500 crore worth asset or even capable of handling it. 7. The task of stealing 500 crore is give to TMK (Akshay Kumar) who himslef is not shown capable of anything. The guy cutting vegitable in his home cant be shown dashing or capable of handing such a huge task its so unrealistic. 8. Katrina is total wasted. Lots of overacting. Sorry there is no acting. She just comes on screen to say one thing oh I have to put more make-up.

9. All other actors are really wasted like akshay khanna God know why is he even there' other tv serials actors. Some of them are really doing good role on TV but hope this doesnt ruins there image. 10. Farah Khan need a crash course on making movie. Unless she admits that all she cares about is money and not entertainment. I personally want refund of my 8 pounds from her if possible. I lost my state of mind after watching this movie. Had such a huge expectation from farah, akshay and kartina but after seeing it I am angry, frustated and much more.

I hate it to write bad coz I am huge fan of Akshay khanna, Kartina, Farah Khan, viju Khote, Akshay Khanna, Anil Kapoor and rest. Nothing. It make me more upset even thinking about it as most of the actors are my favourite and they have done the worst acting in whole there carrer just for the sake of money.

What I didn't like about the movie:

The role, the story, the direction, the actors not with enough importance, the music except two song mentioned above, the cinemetography, the camera angle, the dialouges except few of akshay kumars one. Non of the dialouges make sense as akshay is not even shown dashing once to say that kind of dialouges. I didnt like the way farah khan thought about the audiance coz film is made for our entertainment and not for our mental torture.

we can clearly see her intenstion behind this movie. She made a low budget film coming on x-mas to make good chunk of profit and increase her bank balance. She know people will come and watch at least once on the name of akshay, katrina and herslef. So she didnt care about story, sets, dialouges, characters or anything else.

List of role and characters are wasted and doesnot even link with pic. 1. Where did akshay kumar dad? 2. Who are this twin brother and were did they come from? 3. Who is katrina in this movie she has no family, friends home or anything.

She come out of no were in every scene. 4. Police commissionar is wasted so is other two chaterjee and mukharjee was no need to show them gay. First time I am running out of word saying bad things about movie and I hate it to write bad coz I am huge fan of Akshay khanna, Kartina, Farah Khan, viju Khote, Akshay Khanna, Anil Kapoor and rest.

What I liked about the movie:

Nothing. It make me more upset even thinking about it as most of the actors are my favourite and they have done the worst acting in whole there carrer just for the sake of money.

What I didn't like about the movie:

The role, the story, the direction, the actors not with enough importance, the music except two song mentioned above, the cinemetography, the camera angle, the dialouges except few of akshay kumars one. Non of the dialouges make sense as akshay is not even shown dashing once to say that kind of dialouges. I didnt like the way farah khan thought about the audiance coz film is made for our entertainment and not for our mental torture. we can clearly see her intenstion behind this movie. She made a low budget film coming on x-mas to make good chunk of profit and increase her bank balance. She know people will come and watch at least once on the name of akshay, katrina and herslef. So she didnt care about story, sets, dialouges, characters or anything else. List of role and characters are wasted and doesnot even link with pic. 1. Where did akshay kumar dad? 2. Who are this twin brother and were did they come from? 3. Who is katrina in this movie she has no family, friends home or anything. She come out of no were in every scene. 4. Police commissionar is wasted so is other two chaterjee and mukharjee was no need to show them gay. First time I am running out of word saying bad things about movie and I hate it to write bad coz I am huge fan of Akshay khanna, Kartina, Farah Khan, viju Khote, Akshay Khanna, Anil Kapoor and rest.

By Rushabh Shah

Source:http://www.worldnewspapers.in/12/tees-maar-khan-movie-review-tees-maar-khan-reviews.html

Edited by lovePC - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Anjaani- thumbnail
TANUSREEGHOSH Watching tees maar khan. Half time. It's sucha torture. Farah khan shud hv made a 2.5hrs long item number with katrina than this crap. about 4 hours ago via TweetDeck Retweeted by Reggiana
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
This is the link to the SearchIndia Blog Review..I'm having issues cut/pasting it..

sheee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

oooo feeling bad for farah, if its true. She did a lot  for this movie.

Edit to add:

She did a lot of Promotions for this movie.

Edited by sheee - 13 years ago
Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
amaluu RT @VLoveMovies: With this W*F last minute "Oh it's an adaptation of After The Fox after all LOL carry on" reveal I'm definitely not seeing Tees Maar Khan.

TANUSREEGHOSH
I want my money bk.thank god @iamsrk said NO to TMK. It's so cheap forceful attempt of comedy
-Anjaani- thumbnail

TEES MAAR 'FARAH' KHAN REVIEW

By: DanielNair | Dec 22, 2010 05:04 PM
Product Rating:

In her third outing as a director, Farah Khan, seems to have lost her midas touch. TMK,a screwball farce about a conman conning pretty much everyone around him is neither funny nor clever. Akshay Kumar plays a conman with great elan,while Katrina looks hot but lacks any sense of comic timing. The only surprise is Akshay Khanna who manages to make the best of the very little that is offered to him. He is definitely one of the most underrated talents in Bollywood.

Plot spoiler alert
The plot revolves around Tees Maar Khan(aka Half RobinHood),who has his eyes set on robbing a heavily guarded train carrying valuable antiques. He devises a plan to set up a fake film crew in a village with himself as the director and convinces film star Atish Kapoor (who has his eyes set on nothing less than an Oscar - a sidesplittingly brilliant Akshay Khanna),and a bunch of naive villagers to pretend as freedom fighters to block and loot the approaching train. This leads to one of the funniest scenes in the movie involving a famous patriotic song playing in the background while the villagers go about robbing the train,completely unaware they are accomplices in TMK's heist.

There are enough potshots about bollywood's obsession with 'dumbdog millionaire' and Oscars.This is a movie free of pretentionsand it takes pride in being the silliest movie of the year. But being silly can still be fun but here's where Farah's movie falls flat. The plot is wafer thin and the humour is very weak and may appeal to children under 12. It is very likely you feel conned after watching this film,as we all know Farah is capable of top notch entertainment(I've watched Main Hoon Naa atleast thrice!)

TMK offers a few giggles here and there and thankfully Farah keeps the running time short and we are spared not having to waste anymore of our precious time. By the end you feel the director herself had conned us, the viewers, by making a movie which is a complete farce from beginning to end and sadly doesn't rise to deliver anything exciting. You know things are not looking well,when the guy sitting in front of you at the cinema is busy playing 'Angry Birds' on his Ipod.

Edited by lovePC - 13 years ago
Zareena thumbnail

By Steven Baker – BollySpice.com
21 Dec 2010

BollySpice attended the first London preview of Tees Maar Khan on Tuesday night. Despite weather that can only be described as unseasonably cold (even for December), the first show was House Full and the atmosphere inside the theatre would match any Diwali release. We cannot remember seeing this level of audience interaction, whistling and applause since sitting in the front benches of single-screen cinemas in Delhi.

Tees Maar Khan does exactly what it says on the tin. If there is an instruction book on how to make a hit film, Farah Khan has read it. Big stars. Hit Soundtrack. Pre-release publicity overdrive, and, courtesy of Shah Rukh Khan and 'Sheela Ki Jawani', a touch of controversy. This is a masala film heavy on the masala. As well as copious amounts of comedy, there is romance, there is action, there is even patriotism – although a very different brand of it to what you might have seen in Lagaan or Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey.

With Akshay Kumar in the title role as Tabrez Mirza Khan, the film is of course a vehicle for the star. He does, however, get a run for his money from namesake Akshaye Khanna. Largely missing from the promos, Akshaye's performance as an eye on the prize wannabe Oscar winner, parodies Aamir Khan's Rang De Basanti and Mangal Pandey as the freedom fighter who is duped into committing a train heist. Credit also has to be given to Katrina Kaif for playing the item girl actress with aplomb. Particularly in the film within a film scenes where she is cast in the role of a half-English half-Indian beauty and forced to deliver dialogue in an accent straight out of a Merchant Ivory film. Sound familiar? There is a friendly appearance from Salman Khan, voice over from Sanjay Dutt, cameo by Anil Kapoor, and Chunkey Pandey caught up in hilarious Holi hoopla.

The film has catchphrases galore from Tees Maar Khan "The Khan of Khans" to Akshaye Khanna's Slumdog Millionaire 'Jai Ho' parody 'Day Ho'. Cinema Affecionados will adore the filmi references within the production. In fact, some of the finest intertextuality exists in Farah's references to her very own Om Shanti Om. Pay close attention to the final credits of the film within a film, to see a particularly well-executed example of this.

Box office trade analysts have predicted that Tees Maar Khan has the potential for a juggernaut opening. After watching the film, this I would agree with. Although I would also take heed of the saying "You can't please all of the people all of time". A saying that may well be applied to the majority of Hindi film releases in 2010.

After seeing this film, BollySpice can't wait to see what comes next in the ouevre of Farah Khan. Though from the expression on her face when we interviewed the filmmaker last week, it looks like her long-delayed Happy New Year may never see the light of day. Farah also told us that the film is as much husband Shirish Kunder's as it is hers. In fact, when we chatted to Shirish about eighteen months ago, the Jaan-E-Mann director told us that he was planning to make it. Pay attention to the number of times Shirish Kunder's name comes up in the credits and how many times he appears on stage at the end, and you will begin to suspect that Farah is right.

Tees Maar Khan is on general release in the UK and US from today and in India December 24.

http://www.bollyspice.com/view.php/6276-tees-maar-khan-london-preview.html

Zareena thumbnail
Even after reading bad review, i still believe movie will be a huge hit.
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
^I'm sure it will Zareena..

TBH, I am not surprised by the bad reviews..I expected the reviews to be terrible..I wanna know the audience reaction more..
-Anjaani- thumbnail

MAHEENSHEIKH44 2 hours ago
disappointed with tmk special show...not worthy ..huge disappointment!

[twitpic.com]

Kuchupudi29 4 minutes ago
Stay away from this Dumb Ass Khan

@rbx raven Shock, disbelief, despair, self-loathing, laughing at self, acceptance. Stages of my reaction to Gand Maar Khan.

ravereviews 2 hours ago
bad screenplay ..bad direction ..bad acting ..what more is missing? check the review on our blog tonight.