FF~:Friends Forever:~ All Shanak Update : page 35

-Manita- thumbnail
Hi friends,

I'm making a topic after a long time...Actually it's my first attempt at an FF...

Please read and tell me if I should continue...I will slowly add the friends from Shaan's past and keep the track on friendship...
I am starting from before Shaan's friends entered...😊😊

Plzzz tell me should I add more or stop it here...

~: Friends Forever: ~
Part 1.

A ray of sunlight crept in from the bedroom window.

Shantanu opened his eyes slowly; For the first time in his entire life, he had woken up without someone calling him repeatedly'..

He looked around for Khanak who had already woken up and maybe had left for the daily chores, he thought.

" Hmmm'.." he stretched his arms and lifted himself slightly to sit on the couch that held him the whole night. Slowly the thoughts of last evening started flowing in;

It had been a beautiful day for Shantanu.

Khanak had declared her love for him, in words, that too in front of everyone. Not that he was surprised. He had always known of the substance in Khanak and always knew that if she had promised that she would do it in front of everyone'.she meant it. And finally she did it.

He gave a grin to himself and smiled, he felt very happy and a sense of pride filled him all over,"Is it because Khanak declared her love, which I always knew of or because she did it in front of everyone or maybe because I am so lucky to have Khanak in my life."

He noticed little droplets making their way into his eyes but stopped them before flowing.He smiled again and got up.

Almost subconsciously, thinking of Khanak, he reached for his cupboard, taking his towel and clothes out and headed for the washroom.

About an hour later, Khanak entered the room with tea and newspaper. She was completely zapped by seeing the neatly folded covers and cushions in their place, well set couch and Shantanu not there. She heard the sounds coming from the washroom. She kept the tray on the table and went near the washroom door.

She thought for a moment and knocked on the door. "Shantanu, kya aap andar hain?"

"Nahin Khanak, mera bhoot andar hai'.main to office mein hoon''.," he said in a teasing manner, as the door opened slightly and Shaan peeped from within... completely wet, water dripping from his wet hair all over his face and shoulders . She saw him for a second and her heart missed a beat. She so wanted to wipe the water droplets off his eyebrow, wanted to cup his cheeks with her palms and wanted to say how he made the room glow by simply looking out from within... and she wanted to step inside to have a look of him, hug him''

She shook her head off the thoughts, gathered herself and said, "Aap gussa kyon ho rahe hain? I am just surprised that you got up by yourself. Ok, you get ready, I am going down to prepare breakfast."

"No, Stop. You are not going anywhere. Sit here and wait for me, I'll be out in 5 minutes."

"But, Shantanu'.."

"I said ' NO."'there was an authority in his voice that Khanak loved and he shut the door to attend his unfinished job.

Khanak gave a small grin and sat down on the bed. She took the English newspaper and tried to read. Though she had learnt a lot of English from Shantanu, but it was still very early to read the newspaper. She started flicking the pages watching the glossy pictures and was amazed at the city life she had never heard about.

Shantanu came out of the washroom in trousers and vest, drying his wet hair with the towel that he had hung casually around his neck. He stopped to look at Khanak totally engrossed in the newspaper and slowly he went near her. Khanak noticed him and became a little conscious.

"What are you reading, Khanak" he asked kneeling down on the floor near the bed where she was sitting as he didn't want to lose any opportunity to come closer to her.

"look at this, I read few words," she was excited like a small kid.

She showed him the lines on page 1 of the newspaper, which read - 'Nation is proud of a small girl'

"See, I could read 'small''.'girl''.'is''.'of'' 'a' ...what are the rest two words ?"

He chuckled to see her excitement and the confidence in her voice.

"the word is 'proud' Khanak'.matlab garv'.aur nation matlab hamara desh'.."

"So what does the news say'?." She was very inquisitive.

"It says  - " Hamare desh ko ek choti ladki par garv hai"

"Woh kaise ?"

He glanced through the news item to have a quick overview and replied, "It seems a young girl has been selected for an international event and will be awarded with a global prize." leaving the paper he got up and went in front of the mirror while putting on his shirt.

"Wow'..small kids know so much in Mumbai?" animatedly she said in awe raising her hand in admiration, such that Shantanu could not help but laugh loudly. he turned towards her buttoning his shirt.

"Abhi tumne dekha hi kya hai Mumbai mein?" he teased her.

"Sab aapki galti hai'.you never take me out, never tell me anything about this city and then tease me". Shantanu felt a little pang of guilt though Khanak had said in a very light tone.

She sensed it immediately,"I was just saying like that'.leave it. How come you are up all by yourself today?"

"It's all because of you'.you trouble me throughout the day and don't let me sleep properly at night too'." He said almost whispering while he came closer and looked into her eyes. She felt embarrassed, smiled subtly and tried to turn away, but he stopped her by holding her arms with his hands.

He turned her towards him'.he was still holding her with his hands on her upper arms just below her shoulders.

"Wait Khanak'..we have to talk," his voice was soft but firm.

She had always loved talking to him, loved him speak and had always wished to be able to listen to every thought he had, every step he took'.and every emotion that passed through him.

'Yes'..please'..even I want us to' she thought.

She blushed at the thought of moments spent in his parents room last night while decorating their room''..the moments when he spread the red Odhani on her'.when he took her in an embrace and she felt so close to him as she never had before'..

She sat down on the bed slowly and he kneeled down and took her right hand in both his hands'..as he started to speak'his eyes, for a moment, slipped on the newspaper spread on the bed and in a flash of a second a small advertisement in the corner caught his eye.

His eyes widened and a deep pain filled them replacing his earlier emotions within a second.

Khanak immediately sensed a gap in the continuity and lifted her gaze to look into his eyes'..the same Shantanu, the same eyes and the same eyelock but she knew it said something else.

She became worried and asked, "What is it Shantanu?"

"Nothing'.," he said slowly, got up and left the room.

Meet the Characters : Page 25

Part 1. : Page 1.
Part 2. : Page 3.
Part 3. : Page 5.

Part 4 :  Page 12
Part 5 :  Page 15
Part 6 :  Page 20
Part 7 :   Page 22
Part 8 :   Page 23
Part 9 :   Page 29
Part 10 : Page 32
Part 11:  Page 35

Edited by -Manita- - 12 years ago

Bravehearts thumbnail
it was really gr8 plz write more dont stop..............................ur dialogs wer funny loved it sweety
tofeeees thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
OMGEEE i LOVEEEEE! what did shaan see? WHAT did he seeeeeeeeeeeeeee?? OMGEEE i am going madddd! aww the scene was so cute! authority in his voice 😍 yea baby that's the shaan i know! lovely manita! superb! continue soon!
-Manita- thumbnail
Thanks Ankita ( am I right?).......and Beenii........

actually I was nervous.......my first attempt and didn't know whether to write more or stop it.........

I'll add if I get a good response..........so  sweet of you btw.....*hugs*
aditee thumbnail
LOVELY RBO Fan!

Aaage likho!
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Oye Very Nice...
But do we need new ppl to enter the story...LOL..
Cant this be only on SHANAK.....LOL....

I loved it...Do continue A.S.A.P !
kubare thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Manitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it was fantastic girl...you are one fantastic writer..it evident from all your writings , analysis etc..πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Fantastic start and what description of the emotions of these both..aww do love Shanak and loved how...you got her to read the news paper, loved her saying it without any thought about not seeing Mumbai etc...

So you better continue soon as you have left us hangig with a big suspence and wanting for more..πŸ˜ƒ
garfield1209 thumbnail
Mani...Superb writing πŸ‘...description of actions ...Loved Shaan kneeling down to come to same height and talk.....Aww...that english news paper reading  .😍....I can guess what that ad can bring...but what was he gonna talk about....has me curious πŸ˜Š ...

Please do continue..
Edited by priya1209 - 13 years ago
-Manita- thumbnail
Awww....Krishna, Vandu, Aditee and Priya........

thanks for loving it.....

u ppl are amazing when it comes to encouraging.........I am actually humbled.

will write more if you ppl promise to readπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†.....will add part 2 tomorrow...

love you....
-Manita- thumbnail

Originally posted by: togepe30

Oye Very Nice...

But do we need new ppl to enter the story...LOL..
Cant this be only on SHANAK.....LOL....

I loved it...Do continue A.S.A.P !

@ Vandu dear.....I'll keep max on Shanak.....but I thought of adding friends in an attempt to justify Rahul, Duck and Sam while retaining the essence and spirit of RBO.