MAANEET SS - Solitary Last Part @ page 18

iMadz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
hey guys...hi...after my OS - A Miracle

Maddy is back wid another MAANEET OS or SS....coz dis might be long one....so dis is part one....i promise ther'll b maximum 5 or 6 parts...not more than that...i cant write that much.. and yes i cant update fast..as i work and study together, so dont get time easily and i still deeply blive that writin is nt my thing at all...bt still m tryin as maaneet inspires me a lot lot n lot and u guys too..its jst my second one...thanks guys for wonderful comments for my previous OS...jst coz of tat encouragement, m doin dis again...m same hell nervous n tensed....pls pls pls comment...and pls bare wid my mistakes....as m not genius lik everyone else in d world...hahhaa...:):):) i underestimate myself a lot....bt guys pls give comments and tell me whether i shud continue dis one or not...and ya u can throw 'chappals' too...:) 

Solitary

One

Mumbai

It was a rainy night. There was a heavy rainfall from the morning. She left late from the work. She was driving, with little effort in heavy rain, but she could manage, she thought. As the senior assistant of a well known construction company, she was supposed to manage all meetings and events of her boss, along with the clerical work. But still she was running late because of the farewell party of the colleague and pending work at the office. When she left Delhi, she was far surer that she would never leave construction field, as she had been taught very well by topmost constructions in India. She was grateful, though she never ever said anything about her, being trained in Delhi, no one in Mumbai knew about that, and no one even asked, people were interested in only work, nothing else mattered, and she was very well in her work, that was all that mattered. And that what she loved about that city, probably first and last good thing about it.

She was driving slowly and carefully due to rain, she was about to reach her flat and suddenly her car broke down. 'Damn! Like I was waiting for this one only, babaji! Now what will I do?' she muttered. She was tired and then she had to walk.
Fortunately, she had an umbrella in her car, she always keep it in car in monsoon because after two years, three months and twenty three days in Mumbai, she was very well set with the Mumbai rains and Mumbai trends. She came out of the car and slowly walked down the road. It was not much distance from the place her car broke down to road. But she tried to walk fast; she wanted to reach soon. She hated the rain. 'I hate this, now. I hate this Mumbai rains! They must be waiting.' she muttered again in disgust.' 'Thank god! I asked her to stay with her.' She thought.

She somehow managed to reach her 'home', rather say flat. She never used word 'home' for her flat; she always used to say 'my flat', because 'their home' was far away from her. She entered the flat. She saw them watching TV. 'Hi! My bachha! How are you? Missed momma or not?' she took her into her arms and started to play with her tiny hands. 'Thanks pari! You're a savior, dear.' She told pari. She was her only true friend in Mumbai. When she came here before two years, she was all alone, as she wanted to be. Being a single mother, she initially found it difficult to survive in this city, but with the help of pari she managed to get new job and a flat. She stayed with pari, as she was also alone after her parents' death in plane crash.

'Aha! Finally you're here; your daughter is very much like you, stubborn! But she already ate, so don't bother.' she said, smilingly.

'I'm sleepy so good night, "momma"!' she added. 'And by the way, I'm going New York tomorrow. Ticket is confirmed now.' She switched off the TV and came to play with her little angel.

'And you're telling me now?' she asked surprisingly.

'Oh! Please, I just wanted it to be confirmed first, and second thing, it's not surprise for you, you already know I was trying for that, okay?' she argued.

'Okay, Fine. I'll pack your bags.' she said. They both started to play with her.

'It's already done, babes! Now you enjoy with your baby and I'm going to get some sleep before I left.' She said and left for her room.

'Good night' she wished, but pari already left.

After she left, she took her daughter to their room, changed cloths and tried to make her sleep. Without much effort, she slept peacefully. She carefully took her to the center of the bed, covered her with her blanket and placed some pillows around her so that she would not fall. She kissed her forehead and cheek gently and muttered under her breath, 'Good night, Meher! We love you!' When she was confirmed that she peacefully slept, she decided to take shower. She took hot bath, for thirty minutes, it felt well. She was much stressed that day. She already ate at the party so she avoided food. She checked her again, she watched her little angel, sleeping on the bed, and she sat there, smiled, kissed gently on her forehead, again. And saw her for some time. She then sat near the long window and stared into the rain, she felt her eyes getting moist. She took out her blackberry and typed a message 'Happy birthday. We Miss you.' But then she erased it all and switch off her cell. She tried to work on laptop for some time and then she checked her mails. Again she created another mail and typed 'Happy Birthday. We Miss You.', but failed to send it. She closed her laptop and went to balcony again.

She sat on the floor, watching the rain without even blinking. She was staring intensely into the rain, she remembered the rainy night, one rainy night. It changed her life entirely. It changed all the meanings, questions, answers and theories of her life. She thought rain always played vital part in her life, one rainy night changed her life, gave all happiness to her and another rainy night changed it all, took it all away. She whispered, 'I hate rains, now!' A single drop of tear rolled down her cheek. She sat there for hours, didn't even realizing the fact that it was midnight by then. She got up and went to her room, saw her angel again, reassured that she was not troubled. Then opened the closet and took out one white shirt, his white shirt, almost double her size. She wore it and went to the bed and stared at the ceiling and sobbed, in his embrace. Even though she left him before two years, she was still in him; she never tried to move on either. She had to bear her loneliness in the dark, gloomy, rainy and stormy night.

New Delhi

He looked at the wall clock, it was 10pm. He continued the same work he was doing. Someone knocked the door, and came in without asking, 'sir!'

'Hmmm' he didn't even look who it was.

'Sir, it's the papers you wanted.' Said adi and put the papers down on the table.

'It's your birthday today, you should go home, at least leave early tonight!' added adi, his trusted employee and a good friend.

'Yes, I'm going in thirty minutes. You may leave.' He said, firmly, without any expression.

Adi left, once he closed his cabin door, he thought, 'again lied, just like every day.'

In the cabin he muttered under his breath, 'home?' and smiled bitterly.

Eventually, they both knew the fact that he would not go home. He used to work like this only, from two years. He started working again, it was regular for him, and he was addicted to work, purposefully. He never wanted to get rid of work; he wanted to keep himself hectic so that he would not miss her. But he was lying to himself only. One could never forget to breathe, as in his case he couldn't forget her. It was 2am.

He checked his mobile, there were no calls that he wanted, otherwise there were plenty of calls and messages of his clients, wishing him a joyful birthday. He read some of them and again smiled gloomily; he said out loud, 'Happy Birthday to me' and laughed artificially. He switched off the cell then. He stretched his arms wide and packed his laptop and began to close his office. It was cool gentle wind coming from the window, he closed it, tightly.

He reached the parking and started the car, he was driving slowly, who was in rush to go home anyway? Again he thought, 'home?' and he felt his eyes getting soggy, he blinked his eyes several times to stop tears, almost over flown from his eyes, he succeeded.

He stopped the car, and came out of it and started walking aimlessly on the road; he was walking like he didn't know where he wants to go. Eventually, after some time, not realized by him, he found himself at his so called home, his dark, empty home. He quickly went to the room, changed his cloths, took a bath quickly to relax, which was hopeless. He then lay on bed, he touched the silver thing placed into his neck, he flinched. He felt soulless. He decided to remove it, but again failed miserably like every night. He had to fight with himself only, in the last two years he tried to move on, but he just could not, he could not accept the fact that she left him. The thought in itself brought unendurable pang in his heart, like someone slapped him hard. He remembered the night when she left him, it was raining, and there was no moonlight at that night as if luminosity from his life vanished, it was a new moon, and it lasted till date. He gave up thinking and stared expressionlessly at the ceiling for long time, didn't realize when he slept.

And another hectic, crowded and still lonely day of his life passed with same lasting memories of her.

part 6 and LAST one :

Edited by mdmsk - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iMadz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
@ gagsy thnks...:)

u're d first one to comment...hahha..nw i'll sleep peacefully....:):):)

will update soon....
Edited by mdmsk - 13 years ago
nahtani88 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
awesome , superb , cont soon
007jindal thumbnail
Aww dear its really fab. Gosh its too senti. My eyes welled up wid tears readin it.   
Loved it seriously.

Update sooner
love
tinu.:-)
--Dia-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
Nice start.. PM me pls..
sanu3108 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
superb!!!

continue soon

luv,

Sana
komlika thumbnail
omg.......its great.......continue.........do add me to PM list 😊
mchopra thumbnail
wow tht was well written..loved it..would love to read more..
kinno thumbnail
super awesome please do update soon and if can do pm me thanks 😊
mons_mb thumbnail
superb writing 
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
loved itπŸ‘πŸΌ
update soon plzzz