Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

melonie thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: Puri_2711

Gujarati girls to rule TV shows

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Gujarati-girls-to-rule-TV-shows/articleshow/7663109.cms
And while exploring the community, you simply can't overlook  Prachi Desai who took the nation by storm with her simple, understanding and sacrificing portrayal of Bani. She quit TV for good after she decided to take the big leap and try her luck in Bollywood and success continues to trail her. Not that the community is new to the glamour world as it seems that acting is in their genes primarily because they are associated with theater where they hone their acting talent.

Thanks Puri..yes she has looks and talent 👏

Originally posted by: ashaj

Arun Vijay, who has just returned from the United States, is all set to start his new project. The movie, which is said to be an urban entertainer, will be directed by Magizh Thirumeni.

Remember Magizh Thirumeni, a former assistant to Gautam Vasudev Menon, made his directorial debut with 'Mundhinam Paartheney', which had new faces Sanjay and Ekta in lead roles.

"It is an interesting story and will be a different attempt. I am thoroughly impressed with the script," Arun Vijay says, adding: "The movie will be an action thriller with many twists and turns."

On his trip to the US, he says, "it was planned before months and I was there to attend a family function and for sky diving. There is no truth in some claims that I stayed in the foreign country to escape from controversies."

(arun vijay is not a big star why prachi is acting with him she should act with ajith, suray &vijay)

Thanks Asha...I agree Arun Vijay is not that famous but his last two movies have been hit so auidence are slowly starting to like him. I guess once she does well in this movie then she will get offers to work with Ajith, Surya, Vijay, Vikram etc....Hope the movie does well 😳
melonie thumbnail

Originally posted by: Proud-BrownGirl

Deccan Chronicle
Wednesday March 09, 2011                               

'I've bid adieu to television'

Prachi Desai, who is hot 'n happening on the Bollywood circuit after her glam role in Once Upon a Time in Mumbai is now set to captivate Tamil audiences.

The pretty actress is making her debut in K'town with an Arun Vijay movie titled Thadayara Thaaka and she's got a nice meaty role, too.

Prachi talks to DC about the compromises she made after starting her career so young, her crushes and her entry into the world of Tamil films.

You are said to be too 'pricey' to do a South movie'

I will never discuss remuneration with the press, but if we speak about my coming to the South, I have always been waiting for the right opportunity.

In spite of getting big offers, One needs to be mentally prepared before venturing into anything new. I just started in Bollywood. Now, when the time and script were right, I agreed to sign.

What led you to accept Arun Vijay- Magizh Thirumeni project?

I have always appreciated Tamil movies for their unique stories and strong cinematic technique.

Unfortunately, earlier my schedule did not permit me to work in any Tamil movie. But I did not want to miss the opportunity, when I did get it.

You have a touch-me-not image in Bollywood. With glamour being the norm for Tamil and Telugu heroines, where do you stand?

My image in Bollywood is absolutely not my contribution. Fortunately or unfortunately, these are the kind of roles I have been offered, hence the image.

But I am an actor and I want to push my limits and experiment with different roles. My next few films in Bollywood are golden portunities that I have been waiting for and these films are going to surprise a lot of people. I hope I get to do challenging roles in the Tamil industry too.

What's your favourite kind of role?

It's become easy to portray the subtle, intense and mature character. I want to pick up younger, spunky and glamorous roles, which are closer to the real me.

Which Tamil hero would you like to work with most?

I am greedy and I would like to work with all of them.

You started your acting career at a very early age. Do you think you have made compromises?

It depends on how you look at it. I am an ambitious girl and it is my ambition that has helped me achieve whatever I have accomplished.

But I am not overambitious, I have not been led to go beyond my ethics and I have not made compromises that have given me nightmares. But I have compromised by not giving enough time to my family and education.

Reportedly, you gave a new definition to the phrase 'Love is blind' by adding, 'But marriage is an eye opener'. Explain. Also, have you had any crushes? Who have you been dating?

If it is at all exciting, please let the boys of Tamil Nadu know ' I am single.

Of course, I have had my share of crushes and heartbreak. And I do agree that love is blind, but parents are eye openers.

Have you bid adieu to TV?

Yes. After my debut on the big screen in Rock On I have never looked back.

I am going to continue doing films, hoping for the same love and affection from people and some more good opportunities from the industry.

Thanks for the article Prachiaa 😃 Hope her movie will do good 😛

• John's new girl Mar 11, 2011 - 06:00 PM

The latest buzz in the industry is that Prachi Desai and John Abraham will be seen together in Shrishti Arya's film. After Shrishti's film with Priyanka Chopra failed to take off, she has moved on to making another one. To be directed by Kapil Sharma it has paired Prachi with John.

Source - Filmfare.com

Hope its true, because this is exciting news, plus real happy for her.👏👏👏

Couldn't wait to share it with you guys.😃

Aww thanks for sharing this wonderful news 😃 John and Prachi will definetly make a wonderful pair 😍 Lets all hope this will be true 😳
pak. thumbnail

Edited by prachiaa - 13 years ago
Proud-BrownGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The latest buzz in the industry is that Prachi Desai and John Abraham will be seen together in Shrishti Arya's film. After Shrishti's film with Priyanka Chopra failed to take off, she has moved on to making another one. To be directed by Kapil Sharma it has paired Prachi with John.

Source - Filmfare.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aww thanks for sharing this wonderful news 😃 John and Prachi will definetly make a wonderful pair 😍 Lets all hope this will be true 😳

*****************************************************************************************************************
Hey Mel keeping my fingers cross for Prachi, well both of them. They will definitely
make a wonderful pair on screen.

******************************************************************************************************************
By the way read today Sonakshi Sinha is heading south soon to make her mark in Kollywood also.  Though she had film projects by the barrels in Btown to keep her busy, well what ever.

All I care about is "Thadaiyara Thaakka" with Prachi and Arun is a super duper hit. Am I bias. yes.
Edited by Proud-BrownGirl - 13 years ago
melonie thumbnail

Source - Filmfare.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*****************************************************************************************************************
Hey Mel keeping my fingers cross for Prachi, well both of them. They will definitely
make a wonderful pair on screen.

******************************************************************************************************************
By the way read today Sonakshi Sinha is heading south soon to make her mark in Kollywood also.  Though she had film projects by the barrels in Btown to keep her busy, well what ever.

All I care about is "Thadaiyara Thaakka" with Prachi and Arun is a super duper hit. Am I bias. yes.

Yes even I wish Thadaiyara Thaakka is a super duper hit. Sonakshi will be acting with Kamala Hassan.
I just hope that  John and Prachi will be doing a movie together...lets keep our figer crosed 😃
pak. thumbnail

melonie thumbnail
Hi Prachiaa you changed you user id to sweeti. prachi...That's lovely...So is your name Sweeti 😳
pak. thumbnail

Originally posted by: melonie

Hi Prachiaa you changed you user id to sweeti. prachi...That's lovely...So is your name Sweeti 😳

thanks 😳 my name is .asma.sweeti jast for prachi ❤️ 
melonie thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweeti.prachi

thanks 😳 my name is .asma.sweeti jast for prachi ❤️ 

Asma is a lovely name 😃 😃 It's different also 😳
pak. thumbnail

Originally posted by: melonie

Asma is a lovely name 😃 😃 It's different also 😳

yes 😊 yor good name😳??
Edited by sweeti.prachi - 13 years ago