TV serials-Entertainment or Addiction ?

Shipra_S thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Do we watch TV serials 'coz they are entertaining or are we addicted to watch them? ....And am specifically talking about 'serials' here, not 'reality shows'.

May be we start watching a particular show 'coz we liked it at that point. But doesn't this likeness soon turns into 'compulsion'/'addiction' to watch it? And then, doesn't the purpose of the tv show ceases to exist- that is to ''entertain''? 'coz we (very often) continue to watch it even if we don't like what is being shown.

So do we keep watching serials thinking that that 1/2 hour is our daily dose of ''entertainment'' ?
 or have we become so addicted to watch it, that we don't watch it for entertainment but out of addiction?
Edited by Shipra_S - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I used to be addicted to CID because I loved to watch it. But then I got sick of it, plus it really started to suck lol

So I know when I really like a show, I don't watch it out of compulsion. Like I'm now hooked onto modern family :D

weird how you start a topic the day you become inactive 😆
Edited by old-black-joe - 13 years ago
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
TV Serials are a waste of time.....they abuse our minds and bodies...
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I usually don't get addicted to TV shows. I can skip a few episodes or even stop watching if I have to.

The only issue for me is once I start watching and episode of L&O - I have to watch it till the end. And if its a marathon and I accidentally end up catching the beginning of the next one.....I'm stuck there for a while.

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I usually don't get addicted to TV shows. I can skip a few episodes or even stop watching if I have to.

The only issue for me is once I start watching and episode of L&O - I have to watch it till the end. And if its a marathon and I accidentally end up catching the beginning of the next one.....I'm stuck there for a while.

They had a marathon yesterday all day.  I caught them all on DVR. 
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
free source of entertainment and the curiosity to know what will happen next?
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: -JONAKI-

free source of entertainment and the curiosity to know what will happen next?

So you steal cable from the neighbors eh? 😛

j/k cos you said its free. Television ain't free no more. 😆
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

So you steal cable from the neighbors eh? 😛

j/k cos you said its free. Television ain't free no more. 😆

I don'thave to pay for watching serials online.
Daily soaps are dregs of juvenile thoughts. They are specifically made for certain age groups. It is not advisable for youngsters to watch and get obsessed with. I wonder, where do people gather time from ?

There are shows which are meant to entertain. Something advisable for all age groups. These include the reality shows, with exceptions like Big Boss, Splitsvilla etc. Getting hooked on to such shows are highly schizophrenic.

SheVi4life thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
pure addiction..hard to face this but yea pure addiction..when u first start its entertainment but as time passes by its addiction..trust me...i've understood the difference between entertaing and addicting...like this show i use watch in the past..wont name it=P...i use to think that its the most entertaining thing in the world nd no show is better..now after i stopped watching the show..i understand that it was addiction...it never entertained...it stressed out my frikin mind!!...so tv shows are entertaining as long as u have sum limits set..like not let them affect ur mind..thats why i hate it when people bash actors/shows constantly...its like r u that addicted wid ur favs that u spend so much time just bashing a fiction thing??!!..lol..now i have limits i use to be addicted to tv shows..now i watch them for fun nd my favs change every now nd then..coz my fav is the one thats entertaining the 30 mins of my everyday life nd doesnt leave my mind in stress...hope i made sum sense nd answered the question rite=P Edited by CAqueen - 13 years ago