Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ankit_nyc thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: xobile

Well I think it's a bit much to expect a musical reality show to prevent terrorism. I accept that their real motive for getting Pakistani contestants might be money, but that's a separate issue from using rate of terrorist attacks as a yardstick for a singing contest's abilityto unite people. I interact with a lot of Pakistanis and the singers from Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, like Amanat Ali and Raja, give us something in common (and non acrymonious) to discuss (unlike cricket). In that respect the show has succeeded in bringing peace between Indians and Pakistanis.

😊 But if spots are being taken away from more qualified Indian singers merely because they are Indian and Zee wants Pakistani contestants on the show because according to Zee it's promoting peace through such gestures then don't the people have the right to ask what kind of peace has Zee promoted exactly? I mean with all due respect, you talking to Amanat Ali hardly qualifies as peace between the two countries, wouldn't you agree? I didn't bring Raja's name in because he is Indian......How about a simple formula, no inviting contestants from countries who are repeatedly orchestrating terrorist attacks in India? Strange but I never heard Amanat, Mussarat, Ali Sher, Khurram etc. stand up and say that such terrorist attacks are wrong and that their country should knock it off......I mean if they are peace loving people then wouldn't they denounce such attacks like all peace loving people would? 😊
Edited by ankit_nyc - 13 years ago
xobile thumbnail

Originally posted by: ankit_nyc

😊But if spots are being taken away from more qualified Indian singers merely because they are Indian and Zee wants Pakistani contestants on the show because according to Zee it's promoting peace through such gestures then don't the people have the right to ask what kind of peace has Zee promoted exactly? I mean with all due respect, you talking to Amanat Ali hardly qualifies as peace between the two countries, wouldn't you agree? I didn't bring Raja's name in because he is Indian......How about a simple formula, no inviting contestants from countries who are repeatedly orchestrating terrorist attacks in India? Strange but I never heard Amanat, Mussarat, Ali Sher, Khurram etc. stand up and say that such terrorist attacks are wrong and that their country should knock it off......I mean if they are peace loving people then wouldn't they denounce such attacks like all peace loving people would? 😊

I didn't talk to Amanat Ali, but I talked to other Pakistanis and we discussed TV shows like SRGM and Chote Ustad, because other topics like cricket and politics were a bit touchy. Having a TV show that caters to both countries and highlights our shared musical heritage does make for a good talking point.

As for those singers who don't stand up against terrorism, Im quite sure they are peace loving. I don't think Amanat Ali is in with the terrorists.
Westwick thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
If you dont condemn the terrorists  loudly it shows you are with them or you are one of them. Edited by Westwick - 13 years ago
xobile thumbnail

Originally posted by: Westwick

<div></div>Oh really? Can u plz. elaborate?

You're confusing terrorists with Pakistan and India itself.

I am not suggesting we make peace with terrorists. But yes, we should celebrate and promote peace within India as well as with Pakistan. And USA, although it is very aggressive against terrorist HQ's, does count Pakistan among its allies in the war against terror. The best thing to do is to unite as a country, and also to send a message of peace to the masses of Pakistan. Unite against terrorism.Edited by xobile - 13 years ago
ankit_nyc thumbnail

Originally posted by: xobile

I didn't talk to Amanat Ali, but I talked to other Pakistanis and we discussed TV shows like SRGM and Chote Ustad, because other topics like cricket and politics were a bit touchy. Having a TV show that caters to both countries and highlights our shared musical heritage does make for a good talking point.

As for those singers who don't stand up against terrorism, Im quite sure they are peace loving. I don't think Amanat Ali is in with the terrorists.

😊 Aight look I live in the states, I wasn't born here, but I live here......when 9/11 happened I was angry at the people who did it and so were millions of people around the world.....Amanat Ali makes his living in India, so when something like the mumbai attacks happen or Varnasi attack, wouldn't he stand up and say that it was wrong what happened and that the terrorists should be brought to justice? I mean it's not like he didn't have the opportunity to say it.....he is in the media, he has tons of opportunities........did he ever say it? Nope......but why should there be a tv show catered to both countries if it does nothing to promote peace? I mean what's the point if people are all nicey nice when talking about music but then turn around and attack innocent human beings regularly in your country?πŸ˜•
ankit_nyc thumbnail

Originally posted by: Simi_PagalLadki

Take this to the DM! πŸ˜†

DM bole to? Defense minster? 😊
-Aaliyah- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Nahii Debate MansionπŸ˜†
xobile thumbnail

😊 Aight look I live in the states, I wasn't born here, but I live here......when 9/11 happened I was angry at the people who did it and so were millions of people around the world.....

Amanat Ali makes his living in India,
Does he? He came there for a show, doesn't mean he's left his family and set up base there.

so when something like the mumbai attacks happen or Varnasi attack, wouldn't he stand up and say that it was wrong what happened and that the terrorists should be brought to justice? I mean it's not like he didn't have the opportunity to say it.....he is in the media, he has tons of opportunities........
I don't think he really does have that many opportunities to speak on this. It would be nice to see SRGM next week giving past Pakistani contestants a chance to show their solidarity, though.

did he ever say it? Nope......but why should there be a tv show catered to both countries if it does nothing to promote peace?
I think the show does do something to promote India-Pakistan peace. It shows how Pakistanis and Indians can actually get together and get along. And it gives us something in common.

I mean what's the point if people are all nicey nice when talking about music but then turn around and attack innocent human beings regularly in your country?πŸ˜•
My Pakistani friends are nicey nice when we talk about music but no, they don't turn around and attack my country. Not all Pakistanis are terrorists. In fact, most of them are decent people. And I'd like to see the decent masses of both India and Pakistan get along. I think a TV show like SRGMP makes a small, altogether positive, step in that direction.

Edited by xobile - 13 years ago
xobile thumbnail

Debate Mansion

And that's a good idea, actually πŸ˜†
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Simi_PagalLadki

Nahii Debate MansionπŸ˜†

Oh I thought Daler Mendhi Mr Paaji.

Most Muslims do not like the terrorists either but problem is they reside in a Muslim country n India feels that actions taken is inadequate. Several of these terrorists attack the Muslim pilgrims too so problem is pretty grave.
Frankly I like the idea of many religions but most humans will still fight even if there is only one religion or no religion. It is all about power and greed, so a strong govt is needed to crush them. There is also consequences when a nation like the US get involved in attacking other countries.
But here we are discussing musical theme n not pros and cons.
This week the Ali Brudder comes in police uniform.