Posted: 13 years ago

Sa Re Ga Ma should send a strong message to the viewing public next week by honoring the victims of the latest terrorist attack against India that occured in Varnasi.  The creatives of the show should use the medium of music to show solidarity against such attacks on innocent human beings on Indian soil.  The theme of the show should be patriotism to send a message to the terrorists that when it comes to matters of terrorism, Indians are united in their resolve to squash it.  It would be highly pathetic of Zee to overlook this incident especially when Zee goes out of its way to promote movies week in and week out.  For once it would be nice if it actually addressed this issue head on.  Just like Zee prides itself on inviting contestants from different countries on the pretext of promoting peace, it should stand up once again to speak up against such terrorist attacks and stand up for peace. 

PS --- This topic is completly within the rules of the forum as it is suggesting a theme for an upcoming show and urging Zee to use the medium of music to make an important point. 😊

Edited by ankit_nyc - 13 years ago
Well I was so sad yesterday after knowing what happened at Varanasi, because Varanasi is my home town, where I was born & broght up and got all the education at BHU( Now I live in USA) . My younger brother still live there and I visit every two years. I am so fed up with these Islamic terrorists. And whom they killed & injured ? many small chlldren and women. These Islamo terrorist have no heart and conscience. Moreover, I am so sorry to say that even so called good Muslims dont come out of the shadow and condemn then in large groups. What more to write I dont know but I am very sad as well as angry.
Originally posted by Westwick

Well I was so sad yesterday after knowing what happened at Varanasi, because Varanasi is my home town, where I was born & broght up and got all the education at BHU( Now I live in USA) . My younger brother still live there and I visit every two years. I am so fed up with these Islamic terrorists. And whom they killed & injured ? many small chlldren and women. These Islamo terrorist have no heart and conscience. Moreover, I am so sorry to say that even so called good Muslims dont come out of the shadow and condemn then in large groups. What more to write I dont know but I am very sad as well as angry.

πŸ‘ very well said.  Zee loves to advertise over and over again how it's doing such a noble work by inviting contestatns from other countries to compete in the shows as music can bring people together etc.......Well let's see Zee dedicate a whole hour or so of music and song to the victims of Varnasi attack this coming week.............I wonder if Zee still thinks that inviting contestants from other countries really does promote peace? πŸ˜• Where is the evidence? Zee keeps inviting, and such attacks keep getting worst and worst.......πŸ˜•

What's a 'so called good Muslim'?
Originally posted by ankit_nyc

πŸ‘very well said. Zee loves to advertise over and over again how it's doing such a noble work by inviting contestatns from other countries to compete in the shows as music can bring people together etc.......Well let's see Zee dedicate a whole hour or so of music and song to the victims of Varnasi attack this coming week.............I wonder if Zee still thinks that inviting contestants from other countries really does promote peace? πŸ˜•Where is the evidence? Zee keeps inviting, and such attacks keep getting worst and worst.......πŸ˜•

I don't think it's a fair test of Zee's policy to see how well it abates terrorist attacks.

But peace and unity would be a good theme to pay their respects to the victims of Varanasi.
Originally posted by xobile

I don't think it's a fair test of Zee's policy to see how well it abates terrorist attacks.

But peace and unity would be a good theme to pay their respects to the victims of Varanasi.
Please dont talk about peace. India is trying to maintain peace from the last 62 yrs. and counting. They should be given their own medicine and only then they will be reigned in. India should learn something from America, no another attack happened after 9/11. Unko unke hi ghar me ghus ke jab tak nahi maaroge tab tak maar khate rahoge.  I am really angry on our (indian) govt. They cannot deal with one Kasab & afjal guru. Edited by Westwick - 13 years ago

<div>
Please dont talk about peace. India is trying to maintain peace from the last 62 yrs. and counting. They should be given their own medicine and only then they will be reigned in. India should learn something from America, no another attack happened after 9/11. Unko unke hi ghar me ghus ke jab tak nahi maaroge tab tak maar khate rahoge. I am really angry on our (indian) govt. They cannot deal with one Kasab & afjal guru.

You seem confused.

Yes exactly..........It would be highly appropriate to have the entire show dedicated to the victims of Varnasi next week.......and as for Zee's policy, the Zee folks keep saying over and over again that the rationale for their decision to open up the show to contestants from other countries  is to promote peace and bring people together..........so how would one judge the success that they have had? I mean they've been doing this for the last 5 years or so and the number of terrorist attacks in India have shot up in the last 5 years.......So is this really the right path for Zee to continue on and still sell it to the public as if they are promoting peace and unity? 😊 If Zee wants to invite people from other countries because they make more money from it then they should just say that and stop fooling people by saying that music is above borders,and that they are doing this to promote peace and unity etc.......because the evidence on that front speaks for itself, not much peace and unity have come out of what Zee has done the past 5 years....Confused

You seem confused.
Oh really? Can u plz. elaborate?
Originally posted by ankit_nyc

Yes exactly..........It would be highly appropriate to have the entire show dedicated to the victims of Varnasi next week.......and as for Zee's policy, the Zee folks keep saying over and over again that the rationale for their decision to open up the show to contestants from other countries is to promote peace and bring people together..........so how would one judge the success that they have had? I mean they've been doing this for the last 5 years or so and the number of terrorist attacks in India have shot up in the last 5 years.......So is this really the right path for Zee to continue on and still sell it to the public as if they are promoting peace and unity? 😊If Zee wants to invite people from other countries because they make more money from it then they should just say that and stop fooling people by saying that music is above borders,and that they are doing this to promote peace and unity etc.......because the evidence on that front speaks for itself, not much peace and unity have come out of what Zee has done the past 5 years....πŸ˜•

Well I think it's a bit much to expect a musical reality show to prevent terrorism. I accept that their real motive for getting Pakistani contestants might be money, but that's a separate issue from using rate of terrorist attacks as a yardstick for a singing contest's abilityto unite people. I interact with a lot of Pakistanis and the singers from Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, like Amanat Ali and Raja, give us something in common (and non acrymonious) to discuss (unlike cricket). In that respect the show has succeeded in bringing peace between Indians and Pakistanis.