NancyNuts thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Since thr r no written updates of the daily episodes of AKBA, m here with the introduction of important character n with a short n brief note of what happened till now 😃

• Starts with a lady remembring her elder son(Priyam)'s death in 1990 after the reservation system was introduced. 
  • Kamlapati is a government officer(post lower than that of a D.M.) n a very honest n a principled man.
  • Sumedha is a fun-loving girl who enjoys her life fully n her father is a rich person who believes in earning money rather than following principles.
  • Shivam, cousin of Sumedha n son of Kamlapati, has given the exam for the fourth time for the I.A.S. exam n its the last chance for him to get selected in the exam n fulfill his parent's dream.
  • Shivam sees his result n he's again failed in the exam though he got above 80% marks . He gets extremely depressed n shoot himself with a gun.
  • He is taken to the hospital n saved.
  • Then, arrives the new D.M., Aakash in the city. He is a very honest person who only believes in serving the people.
  • He fires the corrupt official who used to take bribes n treated Kamlapati badly.
  • He then remembers that he was one of the Kamlapati's servant's child who wanted to study n determined to become an I.A.S. officer n how Kamlapati make him study n inspired him to fulfill his dream.
  • Kamlapati invites Aakash for dinner at his house.
  • He comes n Sumedha's father Ramakant tries to influence him so that he does not take any action againt him n favour him in the wrong deeds he is doing.....but Aakash is not influenced n he is ferm on punishing the corrupt people..
  • Sumedha asks Aakash to meet her at all alone place as she wants to talk something very imp.
  • They meet n Sumedha tells him abt Priyam n Shivam n that for her Bade papa(Kamlapati) she wants to become an I.A.S. officer n fulfill his dream. Shethen asks Aakash whether he would help her in this?....n Aakash agrees.
  • Sumedha takes Shivam's book for the preparation n tells him that these r for her frnd who is preparing for the I.A.S. exams.
  • A lady comes at Aakash's house n urges him to take some action against hi hubby's death n tells him that it wasn't an accident but a murder n some rich ppl r trying to hide it.Aakash asures her that he'll investigate the whola matter ASAP.
  • She goes to Aakash's house for preparation but he tells her that they will start frm tommorow onwards....n they share some sweet fun moments.
  • At home, a girl's parents(whom Shivam loves) r called for fixing their marriage but girl's parents denies of it as Shivam wasn't able to become an I.A.S. officer n moreover he hasn't yet thinked of what he'll be doing in his future.
  • Ramakant insults them n they leave the house.
  • Shivam becomes very upset  but Ramakant consoles him n tells him to leave the path of goodness n follow him n become a great man n achieve the path of success.
  • Ramakant n his son r drinking, his wife tries to stop them but Rama shouts at her so she leaves.Shivam comes thr n starts crying,Rama encourages him to take a sip of wine n Shivam follows.
Edited by agarwalniharika - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cassiejack thumbnail
nice, thanks.I watched the episodes and really liked them.its surprising that nobody is active on this forum. guess this is what happens when someone tries to make a different kind of a show. nobody watches and then we crib about the TV being the same.

NancyNuts thumbnail

Originally posted by: cassiejack

nice, thanks.I watched the episodes and really liked them.its surprising that nobody is active on this forum. guess this is what happens when someone tries to make a different kind of a show. nobody watches and then we crib about the TV being the same.

yup! me too finding it gud(at least in the starting) n its sad that thr n no active member in the forum .....hope it catches up soon......
Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
So far I also like this show..I hope it will continue this way for a long time😊
savie thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hey its a nice soap must watch
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: agarwalniharika

yup! me too finding it gud(at least in the starting) n its sad that thr n no active member in the forum .....hope it catches up soon......

I lost Imagine TV, and honestly, RS alone didn't justify changing from cable to dish just to add this channel, when the rest of the programs on it are mediocre.  That's like buying a CD only for 1 song.

Aside from that, I don't blame viewers for not watching.  If this show is about the pros & cons of quotas, show that!  It's a very engaging subject - both in India, as well as in the US (in India, it's caste based, while in the US, it's race based).  And if it's supposed to be a love story, show that.

But from the above description, one thing that sort of turned me off was the lead girl losing a bro/cousin in 1990, and yet being attracted to someone who benefited from the system that the sibling died while campaigning against (in the 90s, such deaths were usually self-immolations, but while one doesn't justify suicides, the fact that people felt compelled to take such drastic steps should have made her nauseous to any beneficiary of the system.  After all, if despite 80% marks, Shivam failed - and what was it - just not being in the top 10% of those who passed, or 80% itself being inadequate, then did Priyam really do the wrong thing after all?)

If Sumedha is going to be attracted to Aakash, the plot would do well to show him as at least having passed on his own merits, like scoring high marks (definitely higher than 80%), and being suspected of being a beneficiary just b'cos of his caste/creed/tribe/whatever, in order to justify the plot.  Otherwise, it would simplly look like Sumedha putting her libido ahead of Priyam's sacrifice. 🤢

The other thing - here, everybody is trying to join the IAS.  That's fine, but why don't they show guys like Shivam & Sumedha try other things like work in the Private Sector, after they fail?  That would also illustrate the folly of trying to spread quotas to the private sector - something that was mulled by pols, but never went anywhere.
NancyNuts thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Vrish_

But from the above description, one thing that sort of turned me off was the lead girl losing a bro/cousin in 1990, and yet being attracted to someone who benefited from the system that the sibling died while campaigning against (in the 90s, such deaths were usually self-immolations, but while one doesn't justify suicides, the fact that people felt compelled to take such drastic steps should have made her nauseous to any beneficiary of the system.  After all, if despite 80% marks, Shivam failed - and what was it - just not being in the top 10% of those who passed, or 80% itself being inadequate, then did Priyam really do the wrong thing after all?)

If Sumedha is going to be attracted to Aakash, the plot would do well to show him as at least having passed on his own merits, like scoring high marks (definitely higher than 80%), and being suspected of being a beneficiary just b'cos of his caste/creed/tribe/whatever, in order to justify the plot.  Otherwise, it would simplly look like Sumedha putting her libido ahead of Priyam's sacrifice. 🤢

The other thing - here, everybody is trying to join the IAS.  That's fine, but why don't they show guys like Shivam & Sumedha try other things like work in the Private Sector, after they fail?  That would also illustrate the folly of trying to spread quotas to the private sector - something that was mulled by pols, but never went anywhere.

lemme clear things-
1.  Aakash is not the one who has been benefited by the quota system,he was the topper of his batch n so bcoz of his hard work he has become an I.A.S. officer n not bcoz of the reservations.
2. Sumedha is not attracted towards Aakash but treats him like she used to do earlier(when they were small kids).
3. As u pointed out that everyone is trying to join IAS,u r partially ryt.....Priyam,Shivam,Aakash n now Sumedha,all r trying to do the same...but Sumedha is doing it for fullfilling his uncle's dream...for Aakash-it had always been his ambition...n for Shivam-he's gone completely mad after failing in the xam for  consecutively  years, everyone tried to make him understand that u should forget it n just go for another thing,but the moment he hears it,he starts yelling out loud at ppl....Aakash also tried talking him out but he shouted at him too......n moreover he has lost his gf bcoz of failing in the exam,so he is quite frustrated.
.........so somewhere i think the show is going logical,don know what will happen after Aakash-Sumedha's lovestory.....

Edited by agarwalniharika - 13 years ago
beeangel11 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
What is the Reservation legislation? Can someone please give me more information about this qouta system Akash is benefitted
by.
NancyNuts thumbnail

Originally posted by: beeangel11

What is the Reservation legislation? Can someone please give me more information about this qouta system Akash is benefitted
by.

actually, in India, govt. has reserved some seats in the civil services for some backward classes(SCs,STs,etc.)....this means that in an IAS exam-a person who belongs to lower cast will be preferred than a person who is frm upper cast even if he has got much more marks ....

sagarw3 thumbnail
Thanks..Its a nice Serial and i highly recommend people to watch this.

S