Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
So Narad's pitri rin was fulfilled in the Upbhrant birth?  I always wondered about that.  But I thought that every person had to do it within that particular lifetime, or fail in that duty.  I'd say that King Chitraketu/Chandraketu got it fulfilled, but not Brahma.

And since Narad now understood the duty, where was the need to free him from that?  He should have been allowed to go ahead w/ his wish.  In fact, once he did fall in love w/ a princess, but she wanted Hari, and so Narad asked Vishnu for Hari-mukh, and got a monkey face, since that's also what Hari meant ๐Ÿ˜†  On another occasion, when Krishna was illustrating to him the meaning of maya, Narad did actually marry and have a family of his own, but lost all of them in a flood ๐Ÿ˜ญ - which turned out to be another maya.

But more seriously, one thing that strikes me about this pitri-rin business - Narad's original statement was right.  If a person gets a grandson out of son#1, then the continuation of his family is assured, assuming that that grandson goes on to grow up and have his own descendents.  If son#2 refuses to marry, then that doesn't affect the dynasty of the father, but it does ensure that son#2 won't get his family tree.  But he can't then complain that nobody will fulfill his pitri-rin, and chances are he won't, b'cos he voluntarily chose not to marry.  Incidentally, I'm just using sons #1 & 2 as examples - the above could have been written w/ #2 marrying and #1 staying a bachelor.  But the father doesn't 'suffer' as a result of that decision - only thing that happens is that the probability of his family continuing indefinitely for generations is lowered.  If pitri-rin is restricted to just 1 generation, then the father has gotten it.  If it's open ended, then every person would have to have a number of sons, and scatter them in different places to increase their chances of survival.

Reason I ask this - in both mythological and other history, there have been countless #men who've despite marrying, lost their sons b4 them and not had their last rites done by them.  Are these sons then guilty of not fulfilling their pitri rin, if they are unmarried, or if they don't have sons?  Like in the Mahabharat, the Pandavas lost all their sons (except Babhruvahana), and only Arjun had a surviving grandson.  So were the other sons of theirs, such as the sons of Draupadi, who were still unmarried, guilty of not fulfilling their pitri-rin?  Or do they get a pass if they die b4 they can marry and procreate?

Anyway, looks like a good episode ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ - hope to catch the repeat.  Finally, back to the episode, I don't like their choice for Vishnu, but guess they can't keep someone like Gurmeet or Ankit.  Conversely, in DBSK, I wish they had Adi Pachori - who played Mahadev in ASR - play the same role here.
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
After watching this show I realized that Shani Dev is the lord of justice and there is nothing to be scared of from him
ghotalaz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Ok so talking about the episode, well I just couldn't get it...๐Ÿ˜ณ a bit confusing๐Ÿ˜• What was the gist? ๐Ÿ˜•We should do what our parents want us to do, we should not do what we want otherwise we'll get punished, we won't be able to fulfill that pitri rin LOL!๐Ÿ˜† I don't think it was necessary to force Narad to enter all those worldly duties if he wanted to live as a sage Isn't it equivalent to forcing someone to do something against his/her wish? In today's context, if parents want their children to become a doctor then those children can't become something else, they have to become a doctor otherwise they'll get punished???๐Ÿ˜• Am I mixing mytho with today's world๐Ÿ˜† I just couldn't stop laughing while watching the show๐Ÿ˜† Shani couldn't stop smiling seeing Narad's activities as Upbhrant & that made the scenes even funnier๐Ÿ˜† The expressions on Upbhrant's face while playing the sitar during the competition was so funny!๐Ÿคฃ 

Anyway, the biggest confusion is something else now after watching yesterday's episode. Narad was shown someone who was dressed in white clothes (not orange)  & neither he had a tanpura nor he was doing the jaap of Narayan when he met Shani. Narad got punished by Shani then finally after the completion of his punishment cycle, he finally achieved what he is known for โ€“ dressed in orange colored clothse(as per how he's shown in serials) tanpura & his devotion for Narayan. 

Strange! Coz in 2008, when Shani's life was being shown since his birth, Narad was dressed up in orange colored clothes, already had his tanpura & was always busy saying Narayan Narayan all the time. At that time, Shani was a kid when he met Narad๐Ÿ˜ฒ & he played Narad's tanpura as if he was playing an electric guitar in rock style๐Ÿคฃ & then in anger he even broke that tanpura  due to which Narad seemed a bit scared of Shani. So now if Shani was a kid when Narad had already achieved mokshya in 2008's episode & broke Narad's tanpura then how come in yesterday's episode Shani is not a kid but a grown up, who even punishes Narad at that time when Narad had not achieved his mokshya & all that. Looks like the Sagars have forgotten what they showed in 2008๐Ÿ˜†

Vr15h thumbnail
Was Shani punishing Narada for disobeying Brahma, or for not fulfilling his pitri rin?  Pitri rin is the duty of a man to 'fulfill his debts to his ancestors by begeting sons' and ensuring that the family line doesn't go extinct.  Shani seemed to be punishing Narada for refusing to do just that, even though Brahma's other sons seemed to be doing that just fine.  I don't think he was punishing Narada for otherwise not wanting to do what Brahma wanted of him.

I didn't see the 2008 episodes, but it's just too funny if they showed Narad as achieving moksha when Shani was still a kid, but now getting set back by Shani in order to placate Brahma.  I think the CVs thought that they'd make the serial more interesting by having it revolve around celestial beings, rather than people @ various stages of history.  But even I sometimes get confused as to whether Shani's messages are specific to people in a certain yuga, or are they true for all people @ all times?  B'cos if it's the latter, I certainly think it's bizzare.

I myself prefer watching Shani dealing w/ mytho characters like Durvasha, Ambrisha, Kamadev, Narada and so on rather than real life people, where there is little indication of the time period in which they lived, but it looks pretty anachronistic when Shani inserts himself into modern situations but prescribes ancient dharams.
ghotalaz thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Vrish_

Oh, so Debina has played both Sita & Savitri on TV?

Yup! the true pativrata naari on TV๐Ÿ˜‰  

But what role did Shani have there w/ Savitri?

Shani was her guru who gave her all the knowledge that would be required in future to chase Yamraj until he doesn't give her back her husband's life๐Ÿ˜Š  

And she played Ankit's wife as well?  Who was Ankit - Yudhisthir? ๐Ÿ˜†

Exactly!!!๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿคฃ Btw if Ankit was punished in MSDK, then in Mahabhaarat, was that 12 years vanvaas & 1 year guptavaas a part of Shani's punishment, after all even he lost Draupadi in a bet๐Ÿ˜•

Also, anyone knows whether any of the older episodes of MSDK is available from Sagar Arts?  Given that this show is the top on Imagine channel in terms of TRP (after CGM), they could put at least the older episodes on DVD

No idea, on some other sites that have video updates, do have some videos of 2009 but not all. I've been searching for videso of 2008, but couldn't find anything till now

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Thanks for the info, guys...if any of you has the vids with Debina in them, could you post them here please?

Well, I don't have the exact links of the videos but I'll provide the telecast dates as posting links of other sites is not allowed. You can visit other sites & catch the video update then...
May 1, 2010, 
Oct 2, 2010, 
Dec 4, 2010
Hope it'll be helpful...๐Ÿ˜ณ
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
^^ Thanks a lot, Vik! The dates really help. :D
ghotalaz thumbnail

Was Shani punishing Narada for disobeying Brahma, or for not fulfilling his pitri rin?  Pitri rin is the duty of a man to 'fulfill his debts to his ancestors by begeting sons' and ensuring that the family line doesn't go extinct.  Shani seemed to be punishing Narada for refusing to do just that, even though Brahma's other sons seemed to be doing that just fine.  I don't think he was punishing Narada for otherwise not wanting to do what Brahma wanted of him.

Well as it is said Teri mahima koi naa jaane hai Shani Dev, tere nyaaya ko naa pehechaane hai Shani Dev... which means nobody can understand Shani's mahima & nyaaya๐Ÿ˜†

Well, as per what Shani said in the start of the episode... Every person is born to carry out a specific duty/responsibility & when he/she doesn't fultill it then it creates disorder in the system of the world... something like that. As Brahma had created Narad to live the life of a prajapati to & give birth to the next generation, to which Narad refused, maybe that's why Shani actually punished him as he rejected to do that particular thing - the main reason for why he was created by Brahma... ๐Ÿ˜•
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I think what it means in today's day and age is the one should not hurt or disrespectful.  to one's parents

I agree parents are not always right but they always want the well being of their child

What Shani Dev here means I think is that we should love them as they love is

During Ram Vanwas Dashratha asked Ram not go and asked Sumant to bring him back. Ram didnt come back because he did what he thought was right. But he never was direspectful tpo Dashratha and even to Kaykayi.

Hence we should do what our conscious  tells us but Parebts should be regarded in the highest esteem  
Vr15h thumbnail

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y89E3t5jYx8[/YOUTUBE]

ghotalaz thumbnail

A very brief WU for 13th August, 2011

Tilottama is created for the sake of helping Shani's nyaya chakra in punishing the two Asur brother Soond & Oond. She casts a spell of her beauty on them & they fall in love with her. Shani in his disguised look tells them to try separately but they refuse to do so & say they'll do everything together. Tilottama shouts out with pain & says a thorn has pricked her. One of the brothers goes with her & pricks himself too & asks her to marry him, she agrees. The other brother is angrily watching this & decides to teach him a lesson. The next day when Tilottama is ready for marriage with one of the brother, the other brother steps in & says he won't let this marriage happen. The disguised Shani tells them to leave the decision on Tilottama. She says she'll marry the strongest warrior. They both start fighting with each other & get killed by each other. Shani & Tilottama throws the garlands on their body & walk away.

Shani thanks her for helping him in his nyaya chakra & tells her to go back to Indralok. She says she wants to travel a bit before returning. Shani hesitatingly agrees & tells her not to take a long time & return back soon & he leaves.

She tells herself that now she'll spellbind all the three loks with her beauty & rule over everywhere. All the Gods start following her. Suryadev gets attracted to her & forgets to shine & darkness covers the earth. Vayudev too gets spell bound by her beauty & people on the earth start falling down unable to breathe. Dharti mata goes to Shani & tells him all about this. Shani gets angry & tells Tilottama to stop all this. She refuses. Shani calls out to Adi Shakti & she tells him that a woman possesses nine quality traits but Tilottama possesses extra four traits due to which she is behaving like this. Adi Shakti tells Shani to throw his trishul at Tilottama in such a way that her body gets divided into 13 pieces & all those pieces will dissolve in Adhi Shakti & a woman like her will never be created again. Shani does so. Shani says no woman will be born like her & if a woman possesses all the qualities only of a lover but not of a mother, wife or sister, then she'll get punished.