Survey on Indian Television Industry-NYU Poly

Tammy1 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Hi Folks,

I am a graduate student at NYU-Poly, doing research on the representation of women in Indian television, and am currently looking at the occupation of the female characters shown in the Hindi serials.

I would really appreciate it if people on this list could send me a few brief responses with the names of some of the key characters in this show and the occupation they hold (there can be more than one female character from a single serial) –even the serials which used to be aired in the 90s are welcome. The kinds of details I am looking for are as follows:

Name of the serial:

Name of the director:

Name of the female character:

Actress playing the role:

Her occupation:

Any interesting details about her work

(such as is she good at her job, is she ambitious, is her work environment good)

Thanks,

Tammy. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Suneel_kumar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: Tammy1

Hi Folks,

I am a graduate student at NYU-Poly, doing research on the representation of women in Indian television, and am currently looking at the occupation of the female characters shown in the Hindi serials.

I would really appreciate it if people on this list could send me a few brief responses with the names of some of the key characters in this show and the occupation they hold (there can be more than one female character from a single serial) 'even the serials which used to be aired in the 90s are welcome. The kinds of details I am looking for are as follows:

Name of the serial:Kyuni Saas bhi kabhi bahu thi

Name of the director:?

Name of the female character:Tulsi

Actress playing the role:Smriti irani

Her occupation:Actress

Any interesting details about her work

(such as is she good at her job, is she ambitious, is her work environment good)

she can do any role easily                                  

Thanks,

Tammy.