Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Indraneela thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Battle scenes annoying, eh?  :laughs: 

The same friend that I mentioned before, who was asking "why is Narada singing his own name?", also made a video a while back with a scene from ONS.  If you're a fan of the original Star Trek, too, this will be hilarious.

Can't post links yet, but if you go to YouTube and search for "I'm a doctor, not a Deva!" you'll see it.

I'll reply more later, but for now, enjoy. :D

(Lola610, of course you may call me Neela.  I like it!)
ADMJCXNK97fan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
haha thanks! i'll def take a look!!!! lol

@Lola610 i'm honored! haha thank you! 
lol yea i decided to rewatch too.......since i didn't see much of the 2nd season......i think....so thank god my hindi has improved! lol now i can watch less problem1 hahaha.

of course some episodes and parts drive me nuts but......i can muscle up to it this time! HAHAHA right now i saw sindhoori try to kill the tridevs & tridevis pretty stupid, cuz NO-ONE mess w/ Devi LOL hahaha.......although it really gets on my nerves when they act so helpless, innocent, and as they were just born--or rather-don't know anything--yea that really annoys me......but otherwise it's pretty good hahaha
Edited by ADMJCXNK97fan - 13 years ago
ADMJCXNK97fan thumbnail
yea i just saw that (infamous) ep where he gets mad over the dice....i gotta say the parts where parvati is parvatiya, and when Shiva imitates parvatiya i laughed SO HARD.

and then a few eps after, he becomes a woman.....in the shakti garden.........i really couldn't stop laughing HAHAHAHA now THAT was awesome! HAHAHA and Narad's reactions were priceless.

i myself am beginning t oquestion this 'shiv leela' i mean what's it for? mere pleasure at seeing people suffer/get angry, and then come to 'rescue' them to show how great he is???? LOL at least that's what it looks like! LOL

Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ADMJCXNK97fan

yea i just saw that (infamous) ep where he gets mad over the dice....i gotta say the parts where parvati is parvatiya, and when Shiva imitates parvatiya i laughed SO HARD.

and then a few eps after, he becomes a woman.....in the shakti garden.........i really couldn't stop laughing HAHAHAHA now THAT was awesome! HAHAHA and Narad's reactions were priceless.

i myself am beginning t oquestion this 'shiv leela' i mean what's it for? mere pleasure at seeing people suffer/get angry, and then come to 'rescue' them to show how great he is???? LOL at least that's what it looks like! LOL

Yes part in shakti garden was funny. I liked the part where Parvati turned parvatiya.
Yes some parts are being repetitive like all asurs who get boons and it becomes "hard" to destroy them. I think they did this to show all jyotirlings.
ADMJCXNK97fan thumbnail
yea......i've started to become so bored of the SAME storyline over & pver & over again!!! lol yea...this was probably to show the jyotirlingas......because each time there's a new jyotirlinga hahaha

Indraneela thumbnail
Regarding "Shiv leela," I sometimes think the writers just call it "leela" anytime the Devas do anything weird or annoying.  I know it's all supposed to have deeper spiritual meaning that will become evident with meditation, or with examination of the tale on an intuitive or metaphorical level...but the literal story just looks bizarre!

I have no idea what deeper meaning we were supposed to take from watching Shiv pout, and Parvati make adorable hand gestures and pretend to be a village girl playing on a swing.  All I learned from the whole thing was, "Don't take the advantage from Shiv in a dice game.  He will get mad, and then you'll have to pretend to not be his wife," which doesn't seem to be a lesson really applicable to daily life.

Okay, seriously, I think the moral in that one was that Shiv generously gave Parvati a turn, recognising that the fun of a game is in the companionship and the play rather than the victory.  But she took the opportunity and played to win, i.e. for herself, for ego, etc.  So the lesson seems to be in practicing generosity and kindness without worrying what you get?  Or perhaps that you can't really 'defeat' Shiv in any game because he plays with the universe?  I think?  But I still just wanted to smack Yashodhan during those episodes, so there you go.

(I don't think the idea of "leela" translates well to TV in general.  I was watching a disk of Shree Ganesh last week where "Ganesh leela" played out with Parvati almost stabbing Narada for something he didn't do.  There was no way to make that look even remotely wise, no lesson to be gleaned from it except, "If you did something bad, maybe Ganesh made you do it.  You'd better hope so, because otherwise Parvati will kill you."  Which, again, does not really help me get through the day. :P )

But, once again, good acting can save even the weirdest plot.  The first time I saw the scene with Kama and Shiv, I didn't know the story, so I was all "DUDE HE JUST SET CUPID ON FIRE"...but Samar-Shiv played the scene so seriously and earnestly that I went and looked up the story, tried to find out what it signified.  And then I got it.  But if the actor(s) play the scene badly, then it just looks stupid and doesn't get the deeper ideals across.

Sometimes I wonder if the actors on the serials take their jobs really seriously and are all devout and full of inspiration for playing religious characters, or if they're just like "whatever" and don't care.  I've learned a lot about devotion and stories from the texts, from the shows I've watched, so in a way, the people working on these things are helping to shape values in ways they might not realise when they go to work in the morning!  Granted, it might be hard to take your job too seriously when you're sitting on a bad animatronic swan and have plastic arms attached to your shoulders...

One more note: at least if they keep doing the jyotrling plot over and over again, they keep singing the jyotrling song over and over too!  I like the jyotrling song. :D
ADMJCXNK97fan thumbnail
YESSS!!! yea i thought in the beggining it was the genorosity-moral-thingy---but seriously/ it went THAT FAR?!?!???? keep a note of this.....be careful when playing dice....it could lead to divorce HAHAHA! lol sorry
but i really think Parvati looked so cute as a village girl......i was enjoying it!!! LOL--but when 'som-whatever-his-name-is' went with that other wife  was like 'Nuh-uh that is going WAAAAAAAAY too far!!!! like i may have said earlier, parvati didn't go off with the first devout Shakti bhakt she saw! that......was.......completely wierd. yea ii really wanted to smack hhim too....or rather...beat him up....because his whole air just ANNOYYYYEDD me!!! like 'i've lived without you before' well of course! you also went berserk when sati killed herself.....until Vishnu came to the rescue.....then what? hahaha and then he was so disturbed when trying to meditate after that.....it was kinda funny at the same time........& then he appears in the village where Parvati is.....when she told him NOT to follow her......and smiling.......what cheek!!!! LOL now THAT was irritating!! hahaha

i think the people just start calling the things 'leela' when their ideas or script goes out of hand and they really have no idea what's going on, so they just say 'oh this is leela-it's not supposed to make sense, and let's narad to say it's impossible to understand to give a teeny bit of reasoning' lol 'shiv leela' has become very strange.....they really  need to define it now!!!

ok now i gotta see the scene where parvati tries to kill narad.....that sounds interesting!!! what episode is that?

When yashodan is dressed as a 'woman' in the shakti-van and they did that dance.....it looked perfectly fitting because earlier he was dancing with rati as kamdev.....so it seemed normal.......but Samar jai singh always made any scene with shiva seem so majestic and omniscient........yashodan looks like he's trying to keep up to the expectations of being shiva and somtimes goes overboard with his 'leela' to show 'oh look how awesome i am*--sort of like he's trying to please the 'boss' and is covering up the effort with a lot of 'useless' 'leela' HAHAHA he can't even yell nicely! sounds like he needs a cough drop before he attempts to call, or yell hahaha

Well, many of the actors from the serial Mahabharat, and Vishnu Puran are strong devotees.......others........well i don't know about others.....right now i have no clue about ONS actors.

i do like the jyotirling song!!!!! but i think it was prettier when they had Samar-shiv--anyway! LOL

I have been enjoying the seious narad that yells/lectures the devas or parvat (that guy is S-T-U-P-I-D)  haha  like to watch the serious narad.....who often gets disgusted by the devs lol and recently parvati gave a nice good lecture to shukracharya.....i was thrilled!!!! hahaha

but lakshmi has driven me even crazier with her 'whining' even after they switched actresses, she really hasn't improved any....in fact she's just become a bit more annoying......for me at least.....yep...she has!!! lol
Indraneela thumbnail
Parvati was so cute as a village girl, and watching her play with her new friends was really endearing.  It was just sad to see her lonely in between; she couldn't really enjoy her time there because fighting with Shiv was making her so unhappy.  (Probably another lesson in that: "Fighting with your husband is really depressing."  Which is true, haha!)

Shiv finding "another wife," I stopped watching the series after that episode, that's how mad it made me!  You're right - Parvati didn't go off with the first cute Shakta that came along, so what the heck??  And yeah, I HATED that "I've lived without you before" part.  I was all, "Yeah, you did, and you were really, really upset, remember?  Oh, wait, no, you don't remember because Samar did that part.  Then you're just going to have to trust me here - you did this 'no wife' thing before, and it sucked, k?"

I haven't seen Yashodhan dressed as a woman yet - I didn't get that far - dang it, now I'm going to have to start watching it again, because I've got to see that!  Hahaha....

Parvat.  Oh.  Goodness.  You mentioned Parvat.  :takes a deep breath:

OMG THAT GUY IS SO ANNOYING.

He's SO.  DUMB.  WOW.  My IQ drops every time he says something.  And frankly, Narada's Narayan, Narayan! is lovely by that point in the series - he gives it as much expression as a Shakespearian "O!" - but combine it with Parvat's Jai Jai, Brahmadev! and suddenly it becomes this Chorus of Irritation.  I was watching, really hoping they weren't about to bring in a Shiv devotee sage who would fly with them chanting Om Namah Shivay or something....

Back to Parvat.  WHY IS HIS HAIR A Q-TIP?  WHO THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA?  He looks like a complete imbecile!  Every time I see his wig, I want to flip him upside down and use him to clean something!

I get that he's deliberately ridiculous.  I get that there are lots of people who romanticize devotion and think "I has robes and hair I R SAGE NAO" and that Parvat is kind of like all of those people rolled into one.  He's still bloody annoying to watch.  The duet that he and Narada do in the palace is lovely (and Narada totally wins that musical duel).  And that's about it.  I'm hoping he goes away soon.

Yes, the Lakshmi-whining through ONS unfortunately only seems to get more frequent as the series continues.  It's like, honey, you're wealthy and beautiful and everyone loves you.  And to the actress, you're filming in a realm of endless dry ice and sparkle, your costume is gorgeous, and you get to do most of your scenes while looking at Amit Pachori.  What the hell do you have to whine about?!?!

Ok, the Shree Ganesh scene, let me think...in the previous scene, demon Kandukasur wants to attack/kill Kartikeya, so he's roaming through the sky announcing this intention like the genius he is.  Narada suggests to him that he shouldn't approach his enemy openly, but since kanduk means "ball," he should disguise himself as a ball and sneak into Kailash that way.  So he does, and Ganesh finds him, and Ganesh and Kartikeya have a field day playing with the "ball," i.e. beating him up.

So, at this point, go to "Shree Ganesh 8.6" on YouTube and start at 4:20.
The demon-ball is begging to be freed and finally blurts out, "That fellow who says 'Narayan, Narayan' is the one who told me to come here like this!"
And Parvati flips out, accuses Narada of being an enemy of the Devas and betraying them, and then says, "You put my children in danger, Narada, and I will never forgive you for that!"  Then DUDE SHE'S GOT A TRIDENT WHAT.
So, Ganesh cuts in and explains that it wasn't Devarishi's fault, because he inspired Narada to say that, so that the demon would come to Kailash as a ball and he could have some fun playing.
See, this is the very definition of Leela Fail.  If nothing else, maybe a "oops, sorry I almost murdered you" might have been in order there?  (But no, because this is Shree Ganesh, and Parvati spends most of the series hating on Narada.)

So, yeah, serial leela, I don't understand it.  It always seems to consist of getting other people in trouble, or involving other people in conflicts that aren't their own!  And I'm going, uh....why?  What am I supposed to learn from this?

I'm still hung up on Parvat's Q-tip head.  Maybe the point at the top is a radio transmitter?  Maybe he's emulating Mount Kailash itself?  Maybe there's, like, a horn under there?  Of course, I still wonder why Narada's wig has a TV antenna-looking pipe cleaner on top of it.  ARGH why are the wig people for these shows weird?? :P
ADMJCXNK97fan thumbnail
HAHAHA i laughed so hard at your description of parvat-----because it is ABSOLUTELY 10000000000000000000000% TRUE man i HATE that guy!!!! he+narad doing their narayan & brahmadev.......i was thinking thank god there's no shiv devotee.......there would probably be a plea to eliminate all flying rishis who are devotees or students of  brihaspati!! i mean all together it would become HELLL!!!!!!!!! & i think even parvati & saraswati would also start whining or complaining! hahaha

Narad's narayan narayan does sound nice...or decent..........but come ON jai jai brahmadev???? sounds ok.......but on him AND narad......sounnds AWFUL!!!! omg i squint and try to become heartless and muscle up whenever i hear parvat.......he's like a 2 year old trapped in the wrong body........literally......i mean when parvat sees narad at kailash....regardless of the presence of anyone else.....straight to narad.....like a 2 year old who sees something interesting LOL what the HECK WERE THEY THINKING when they created HIM?!???? waste of TIME MONEY and EFFORT......Lakshmi will be even MORE miffed han usual!! (she's the goddess of wealth and prosperity...right? lol) HAHAHA

i ALWAYS couldn't understand narad's 'antenna' (at first i thought they wanted to show a fly always hovering over his head....but not having good props they used that......lol) but i eventually ignored it........but PARVAT omg parvat.........i hate him!!! omg..................i was so glad to see him get cursed by narad....he really is.....scum! hahahaha i think maybe a good 'cleaning' as you say, might help him absorb something in his (brain?--or does he only have poofy stuff on top of his head?)--maybe he should be taken and used to dust books..........might give him an IQ boost.........................what an idea!! i'm so pleased with myself now! HAHAHAHA

but i don't get this.....all the yogis have this bun on top, yet their hair is still 'flowing' around their sholders or neck like normal.....even shiva...........what's the point??? the fact that you get to use malas--or rosary/beaded rubber band to tie your hair--for no apparant reason??? interesting......

yea i took a look at the shree ganesh video just as i thought i think parvati's actress is the one who plays Kaushiki--parvati's daughter in ONS (better role for her in my opinion.....they all talk to fast in shree ganesh.........Gayatri is a better parvati! lol), and i was reminded how much i hated narad and why......that narad STILL drives me NUTS!!! omg i appreciate narad from ONS and vishnu puran SO MUCH MORE!!!! to the point where i might even LOVE them cuz they're so much better!!! lol yea he does NOT suit that role! AT ALL!! MUCH better as indra..........and i got freaked out when i saw shiva's face......WHO THE HECK iS THAT??!??!??? i would prefer yashodan, as bad as he is.......to THAT guy!!!!!! omg wow lol
bad acting in shree ganesh......almost looks embarassing for the actors to do yikes......doesn't even look like they mean ANY of it......it's like parvati, very cooly and quickly assumes that narad is at fault, in ONS shiva would haveimmediatley said something but this shiv sits and watches........and looks like they are trying very hard to continue filming and resist the urges to pack up! LOL hahaha

actually i like the original actress who plays lakshmi........somewhere between they change actresses..........the new one seems quiter.....(.she's prettier in vishnu puran-ram avatar (i think that was her....i'm pretty sure), more aggressive, and has a lot of problems!!! lol i like the other one more.....she has a different but 'relatable' beauty! hahaha

yea....i loved parvati as village girl........but i really think shiv either is a REALLY. SORE. LOSER. or he must have had a VERY complex reason for doing THAT in comparison to a VILLAGE girl........i mean that's like playing nasty.......go get another wife to make the 'dharm-patni' pained......yep that's very sweet! lol
this 'leela' has become so messed up, maybe even corrupted.......or maybe just ignorance.......but really it would be nice to put a little bit of clarity somewhere when you want to say it was just leela....at least some reasoning? please? lol hahaha

ADMJCXNK97fan thumbnail
although looking back i think Shiv (samar) & Sati (Manjeet) made a really good pair though ;) Yashodan & Gayatri look alright 2gether, but when Shiva's teaching parvati the brahmagyan thing & she goes to sleep (REALLY!! i can't believe they showed that!!! HOW DARE THEY!!!! lol i take it as an insult to shakti--but i'm sure adi-shakti knows or was listeneing--she seems to know everything that goes on in Parvati's life! LOL) it looked annoying whe he was telling her the 'requirements' beforehand i got so annoyed!!! i barely have the heart to ocntinue watching, but somehow.....i'll make sure i do LOL!
although i thought it was hlarious when he got covered in that 'snow' (?) and right at the beggining, there's this 'steam' or 'mist' maybe fog that's moving above his head in the light--i laughed so hard because iit looked like he was so mad that his entire head was steaming!! LOL hahahaahah that was hilarious!! lol