Maaneet SS: Waiting for You *Complete*

..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 13 years ago

Hi Everyone!

I'm Naina and I'm back with another Maaneet SS.๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

This will have maybe 2-3 total parts, so it will be completed soon! I hope you all like this, and do let me know if you want to be added to the PM list!

Cheers!

~Naina

ps. Happy Happy Happy Diwalii! :)

Table Of Contents:

Chapters 1-3: Page 1

Chapter 4A: Page 20

Chapter 4B/5: Page 27

Chapter 6: Page 33

Chapter 7: Page 38

Chapter 8: Page 43

Chapter 9: Page 47

Chapter 10: Page 53

Chapter 11: Page 58

Waiting for You...

"Mama! Ms. Smith was saying that it's going to snow so hard that we're going to have a...a... a BIG snowstorm!" exclaimed Diya, tugging on Geet's apron as she filled her in on the events from school.

"Oy! You're such a stupid sometimes" laughed Dhruv, reaching over to yank one of his sister's pigtails. "It's called a blizzard!"

"MOOOM. He pulled my hair!" she screamed, tears welling up in her eyes, as she started to hit her brother.

And Dhruv ran from there, trying to escape his angry sister as Diya raced behind him, ready to take revenge.

Geet watched, a small smile playing on her face, as she took in the sight of her two little angels, the twins, fighting and having fun.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

She couldn't even imagine how she was planning on getting an abortion when she found out the news. She didn't want his child, she didn't want the symbol of their love entering the world they had lived in. She had gone into the hospital on the day of the appointment, a bundle of nerves, as she hoped and prayed that no one she knew would see her there. And lucky for her, she didn't see anyone she knew.

But what she did see tugged at her heartstrings.

There was a mother playing with her newborn baby, completely lost in her own world, a look of utter bliss present on her face.

And Geet knew. She knew that that's what she too wanted. That's what she wanted to experience. She wanted a child of her own, she wanted to love someone, she wanted to feel loved.

And immediately, she turned on her heels, and left the hospital. She would bring up her child, bring up a symbol of their love, in a place far away from him. A place where he would never be able to find them.

And she never rethought her decision once. She knew it was the right one, and although she missed him occasionally, she knew that it would be best to leave.

Once she got home, she didn't waste any time as she threw all of her clothes into a bag, gathered all her belongings and scribbled a quick note.

Maan,

I'm done. I can't live this kind of life with you anymore. I'm leaving. Please don't try and find me.

I love you.

Geet

And with those last words, she left that house, that family, and the past three years of her life all behind, and moved to the USA, to a small town in New York, where no one knew her before. And settled in. The first few months were difficult, but after the twins were born, life wasn't as lonely, and she found herself once more.

The person that she had lost in the years she spent with him.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Mooom! Someone's knocking on the door!" screamed Diya, disturbing Geet out of her train of thoughts.

Wondering who it could be so late at night, especially with the heavy snow outside, Geet made her way to the door, and opened it slightly.

The sight before her shocked her out of her wits, as she could do nothing but stare.

Maan. It was really him standing there, in flesh and blood, his dark brown eyes penetrating through the depths of her soul, as a painful look streaked across his face.

"G..Ge...Geet?" his low voice broke her thoughts as he reached out a hand slowly brushing his fingers across her cheek, as if to check if she was real. A sharp intake of breath on her part confirmed the reality to him.

"Mom. Aren't you going to close the door? The snow is going to enter the house!" scolded Dhruv, as he pushed Maan inside with his tiny hands, and attempted to close the door shut.

Mom? Geet was a mother? She really had moved on, and had a family of her own.

Geet watched the series of emotions cross his face, from bewilderment to sorrow, to regret. "Come..Come inside" she said softly, moving away to let Maan walk in, and he followed wordlessly, the past few surprises still reeling in his mind.

"I..um...Do you think I could stay here for the night? It's uh snowing really badly, and my car broke down...but only if your husband doesn't mind. Otherwise, I'll leave right away" Maan stuttered awkwardly, glancing here and there as he tried to avoid her eyes while at the same time attempting to capture his surroundings.

Her heart broke. He really did think that she had moved on. That she could  move on without him.

"Maan. It's fine. We have a spare room and the weather right now is the worst to travel in. You can stay here for now." Then, turning to her daughter, Geet said "Diya, can you go get Pa...I mean...Unc...uh this man here a towel from the laundry room?"

Maan's eyes shot up as he heard her fumbling for words. He knew it, she was going to say Papa, then Uncle, but had settled for this man,  why so much hesitancy? Where was the children's father? He thought to himself once again.

"Your husband Maan?" he questioned, looking around the house.

"Um, well, he's...he's on a business trip right now. He'll be back soon." she replied nervously, not daring to look him in the eyes.

Dhruv, who was still standing there, turned to his Mom and looked at her, his eyes filled with curiousity. "Mama, what's a husband?"

Geet wanted to bang her head against the wall. This boy had to go and ask these questions now. Uffo.

Meanwhile, Maan's suspicions were growing stronger and stronger. The boy didn't know what a husband was. And Geet was married, now wasn't she?

Maan looked at Geet, one eyebrow raised, but she wouldn't meet his eyes. Instead, she told Dhruv to go and help his sister out in the laundry room, while she fixed up a nice tea for the uncle, sorry, the man.

Maan followed Geet into the kitchen, where she quickly set about taking the milk out of the refrigerator, the tea powder (Go red label!) and put everything on the stove.

"Geet." he called out, attempting to begin a conversation. However, she didn't turn around to face him, choosing to concentrate on the milk that was on the stove.

"Geet!" he called out again, a little louder this time. And when she didn't turn around once again, he grabbed her by the wrist and turned her around to face him. Her eyes grew wide in shock.

"M...Maan. What are you doing?" she asked, trying to get out of his grasp.

His face turned stony. "What do you think I'm doing? I want answers Geet. Answers to the truth, and that too, now. I know why you left me, but the kids?"

"Wha..What about the kids?

"Oh really Madam? So you don't know the question?" He glared at her, his grip on her arms tightening as he pushed her further and further back into the counter top. Her face contorted in pain, as she let out a wince.

"I...I don't know what you want to know. They're my kids Maan. My kids with my husband"  she answered, her eyes closed and her body twisting and turning as she struggled to get out of his grasp. "Maan, let go. Pleasee."

"Geet. Tell me the truth. I can figure out when you're lying. I was married to you once, remember?"  he questioned, not letting go of her.

"Uncle, let go of my mom!"

Maan felt someone pulling on his leg, while another person was hitting him with his bare hands. And he listened. Quickly letting go of Geet, Maan looked down to find Diya and Dhruv in front of him, their hands on their hips as they were ready to defend their mother from this evil stranger.

"Oy Mister! What were you doing to my mom?!" Dhruv asked, his face scrunched up in anger.

Maan and Geet quickly glanced at each other, a tiny smile playing on their faces as they saw the childrens' overprotectiveness, and went back into past memories, how Maan always used to make fun of Geet for her using the word OY so much!

And Geet, not wanting to corrupt her children at such a young age, quickly answered "It's nothing. We both were talking about something, that's it. No need to worry."

"Sorrry uncle" both of the kids held their ears as they pouted their lips and looked at Maan. And a smile appeared on his face. For some reason, he became instantly attached to these little children. Bending down on one knee, he pulled the kids in for a hug before placing a kiss on their foreheads, before picking them both up in his hands.

"Say bye to your Mama and tell her I want my tea soon!" Maan laughed with the kids, but not before bending over to Geet and whispering, "I'm not done with you yet. We're going to finish that conversation. Whether you like it, or not."

Geet watched the three turn around and leave the kitchen quickly, all smiley and happy. This might have been what her family would be like if she hadn't decided to leave him, that life behind. But no, he wasn't like this back then. In fact he wasn't like this at all, not happy, not smiling, not so open or free.

A shudder ran through her spine as she thought of the last words Maan had said to her. Would she really have to tell him the truth, the truth about whose kids Diya and Dhruv were? She didn't want him to take them away. She would never be able to live without her two angels.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 2:

Two hours later, the kids had fallen asleep on the couch, as the four of them were watching TV. Maan on one end of the sofa, with Diya right next to him, Dhruv next to his sister, and Geet next to Kush. Diya was pretty much sitting on Maan's lap actually, her head curled into his chest, a soft smile on her face as she snored away in her sleep.

He looked down at the little girl in his arms, and bent down to drop a small kiss on her forehead.
She was a darling! Earlier that evening, Diya had made him play with her kitchen set, cooking all sorts of food for him as he sat at her restaurant and tasted her little cups of coffee and tea and pizza. A pout on her face, her eyes wide and shining with hope, she asked him if he would play with her, and what could Maan do? He was fida over this little girl in a matter of seconds. He sure didn't have the heart to say no to her!

Meanwhile, Dhruv was lying on the sofa with his head in his mother's lap, as she softly ran her hands through her little boy's hair, lost in her own thoughts. She had stepped out of the kitchen after making that coffee, only to be pleasantly surprised seeing Maan sitting on a little stool at Diya's restaurant, and actually playing with her, a whole hearted laugh escaping him as he became a child once again.

He had never liked kids before. He had even told her that, multiple times.

But apparently, he had changed.
Something had changed in the last six years.

Dhruv shifted in her arms, breaking her out of her thoughts. As she patted Dhruv softly on the back, trying to get him to go back to his sleep, she felt two eyes on her, burning holes in her with their intense, unsettling gaze.

She glanced up slowly, only to be met by a pair of dark brown eyes, a piercing gaze that was apparently scrutinizing her.

"I...um...I'll take the kids to bed"
she said softly, getting up out of the sofa as she carefully picked up Dhruv. "I'll come back to get Diya, I hope you don't mind her in your lap for a few minutes" she smiled apologetically. As she walked towards the children's room, she heard the footsteps behind her, and turned back to find Maan following her with Diya carefully sleeping on his shoulder, her arms tightly wrung around his neck.

Geet smiled and quietly thanked him before turning back around and continuing into the bedroom.

She put Dhruv down onto his bed, covering him up with the blanket and he snuggled into a little ball, all warm and cozy and deep in his sleep. Placing a soft kiss on his forehead, she turned around to get her daughter and put her in bed.

But what she saw surprised her once again.

Maan, the MSK, was softly patting Diya to sleep in her all pink bed, mumbling soothing words as she tossed and turned. He was completely and utterly lost in his own thoughts, softly stroking the side of her cheek, as he stared at her extremely innocent face.

Diya Saxena. That's what she had said her name was.

A few hours Earlier...

"Saxena?"
he had asked when she had told him her name.

"Of course it's Saxena. What else would it be?"
she asked cutely before shoving a teacup in his hand and asking him to drink the tea.

As Maan "sipped" the tea, he became lost in his own thoughts.
Saxena? Geet had gotten married! That would be the only reasonable explanation for the change in last name, because before they were married she was Geet Handa. But where was her husband? Why was there no indication of another person's presence in the house? Why didn't Dhruv know what a husband was?

"Diya, where's your Papa?"
Maan had asked the little girl.

Back to the Present...

He felt her presence beside him, and he turned his head to see her leaning over the bed, kissing her daughter good night.

Geet smiled at Maan as she asked him
"Shall we go? I'll show you your room for the night. You look tired."

And Maan followed her quietly, not wanting to attack her with his questions right then and there.

She led him into the room a few doors down. "Geet, we have to talk." he stated, the minute she opened the bedroom door, but she conveniently chose to ignore him.

"If you need anything else Maan, just let me know. I'll be in the room right next door"
she answered sweetly, not daring to look him the eyes and quickly turned around to leave.

But he grabbed hold of her wrist, knowing exactly how she acted when she wanted to avoid confrontations, and pulled her back into the room, closing the door and pushing her against it. His grip on her hands remained tight,  as he glared at her, "Geet look at me! Look at me damnit!" he yelled, when she refused to look him in the eyes.

Geet slowly looked up, tears welled up, the fear and nervousness apparent on her face. She bit her lip, and Maan's thoughts immediately changed direction.

Those lips. Those bright pink lips, that he just wanted to capture with his own. Like he had done so many times in the past. He slowly took one of his hands and brushed away a stray piece of hair that was falling on her face, his soft touch lingering on her skin. Geet gasped, that magical touch once again after six whole years. His fingers slowly brushed across her lower lip, and she parted her lips instinctively, desire already overwhelming her.

And he quickly bent down, placing soft kisses along her jawline, and brushing his lips across hers.

Her eyes closed, and she fell slump in his arms, not struggling anymore. "Maan'" she moaned, her voice pleading with him to continue, to press his lips on hers.

But it wasn't to be.

Maan quickly came back to reality. The stony face once again appeared. And his eyes devoid of any and all emotion.

She realized what she was doing and quickly came back to normality, her eyes open. No. She couldn't drown in him. She couldn't succumb to her desire, that fire that was burning deep within her.

"Ma...Maan. Let me go" she pleaded with him, not at all ready to tell him what he already knew.

"Geet, until you tell me the truth, you aren't going to be going anywhere. ANYWHERE! Do you hear me?!" he literally screamed. "They're my kids aren't they? My kids! Dhruv and Diya Khurana, NOT Saxena!"

Geet lowered her eyes, as the tears streamed down her face. "Maaan, I..yes..they are your children. Our children." she whispered, her voice getting softer and softer as she grew more and more afraid.

Nothing happened.

Not a sound.

Not a peep.

And Geet was getting nervous.

His iron grip on her hands remained, but he didn't say a word.

"Maan?" she squeaked, finally mustering up a little courage to look at him, and she just wanted to shrink into a ball and die. His eyes were blazing with fury, and he was clenching his teeth, a low growl escaping.

"Why?"

The one word that finally left his mouth, the one question that was driving him insane. He let go of her hands, looking at her with disgust and turned away, digging his hands into his pockets as he walked towards the window.

And she broke down completely. Wiping away her tears with her hands, she explained to him, sobbing, that there was no husband, and that Diya and Dhruv are his children. She was pregnant with twins when she left six years ago.

"You didn't answer my question Geet. Why?" he repeated, his voice growing a little softer, a tad bit calmer.

"Maan...I...Maan, Just leave. I don't want to give you any answers. We're done. We've been done. You were fine without me for six years. Just pretend you had never met us and leave. Please Maan. Just leave tomorrow morning. I don't want to see you again. We don't want you in our lives" Geet cried out before opening the door and running out of the room.

A few seconds later, Maan heard a door down the hallway slamming shut.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 3:

The sun shining through her window caused her to flutter her eyes open. Morning so sooon...She grumbled to herself, as she slowly pushed the covers off of herself and started to get out of bed, when she felt someone grabbing her arm tighter, pulling her back.

Geet looked over to see her son snuggled close to her, still in deep sleep, "Mama...don't go...I want to sleep"

She smiled, slowly pushing his hand off of her as she walked towards the window in the room. Staring outside, she saw that there was a white blanket covering the ground, about a foot of snow. It was all because of this snow, this snow that she even had to deal with him, with Maan Singh Khurana, and tell him the truth, and now she would have to face him once again this morning. God, give me strength.

"Moom, we don't have school today right? Because of all the snow?" a sleepy Diya asked, rubbing her eyes.

Geet turned back, disturbed out of her thoughts, as she looked on at her daughter laughing. "Good morning my little sleepy head" she said, placing a kiss on her daughter's forehead and lifting her out of bed.

"And yes to answer your question, you do have school today. I didn't get any phone call this morning that you didn't so both of you have to get up and and get ready for another day in kindergarten" she exclaimed, a little more enthusiastic this time as she walked over and shook Dhruv awake.

After a few more minutes of moaning and groaning, Geet dropped her kids off in the bathroom telling them to take turns brushing their teeth and taking a shower, while she got their lunches made.

It was 7:00 AM, and he still wasn't awake. That was quite unusual.

So she took a detour on her way to the kitchen to peek into his room, her heart thudding wildly against her chest, as she slowly opened the door to that room. And there seemed to be no one on the bed. Confused she pushed the door open farther, and was shocked, surprised, to see the no one in the room at all.  In fact, it looked like no one had occupied the room all night. The bed was still neatly made, the pillows exactly the way they were previously, the windows shut tight and the curtains closed.

Had he left after her rant last night? Had he actually listened to her?

She was happy as a wide grin appeared on her face. Phew! Now she could continue throughout her day in peace. One less worry on her list.

About an hour and a half later, Geet stepped out of her bathroom, wrapped in merely a towel, as she stood in front of her closet trying to figure out what to wear to work.

About twenty minutes before, she had headed outside of her house, her two children walking slowly behind her, as they all headed to the bus stop. Little Diya and Dhruv all dressed up in extremely warm clothes (Geet made sure of that!) a winter jacket, boots, gloves, earmuffs, a hat, about 4 layers of clothing. Oh yeah, her kids were going to stay warm and healthy.

The knocking on the door caught her attention. Knowing that it could only be Kripa that early in the morning, the woman she carpooled to work with, she just stepped out into the hallway, screaming "Come on in! The door's unlocked! I'm in the bedroom darling!"

And headed back inside, hoping to now get some advice regarding what she should wear.

When she felt two hands slip around her waist, she realized it wasn't Kripa.

When she heard a person whisper her name in her ears, brush his beard against her cheeks, she realized it was Maan.

And she froze.

"You know darling, you should always lock your door. Otherwise anyone can enter. And I want my wife and kids safe at all times. Just a little lesson you know" he answered, before swiftly turning her around in his arms, and his hands tightening around her waist. His eyes came to rest on her lips, where a drop of water was resting, dangling actually, from her lower lip. He bent his head quickly, slipping out his tongue and sliding it across her bottom lip, as she sucked in a breath of air sharply. Now is not the time Maan. Control yourself, he thought to himself, pulling back quickly enough, resting his head on hers as she looked at him, a blank look on her face.

"Ma..Maan. I thought I told you to leave. My kids and I are happy the way we are, alone. And you are the last person we want in our lives. So it would be great if you left Maan."

"And what do you really think I'll do woman, when I find out I have two kids who don't even know who their father is, a wife who refuses to acknowledge anything? Just leave the issue alone, pack my bags, and run along my own merry way? We need to talk. And we need to do it now. Regardless of what you say."

Oh lord. This was exactly what she feared. Her nightmare seemed to be coming true right in front of her.

"Maan, I have work. I have a job. I need to earn a living. We'll talk this out some other time. I promise" she answered back nervously.

And he let go of her, taking a seat on her bed, crossing one leg over the other, as he glared at her with a steely look in his eyes. "You will be taking the day of my dear wife, so we can figure out why the hell you thought it was acceptable to run away like that when you were pregnant, not even telling me I have two kids. Call your boss right now, shoot someone an email, do whatever you have to, but sure are taking the day off of work so we can get to the bottom of this."

"But..."

"No buts. No argument. Just go." he ordered.

Unfortunately for her, just as she took a step forward, the knot on her towel came undone, and her towel began to slip to the floor. Quickly, she grabbed both ends and pulled them closer to herself, slowly glancing up at her husband, whose eyes seemed to suddenly go from coldness and hostility to overwhelming desire, a fire burning within him and a smirk played on his lips.

"No need to clutch the towel so tightly my dear, It's not like I haven't seen anything before."

She grinded her teeth together, "Don't you dare talk to me like that Maan. We were together 6 years ago. Go to the living room. I'll be there in ten minutes."

Maan raised his hands in surrender, "Whatever you say Mrs. Khurana. I'll wait in the living room."

"It's Mrs. Saxena!"
she yelled back, slamming the door shut behind him.

She leaned back against the door, and took two deep breaths, attempting to calm herself down before she burst from the overwhelming feelings that were wallowing around within her, hatred, anger, anxiety, fear, nervousness, panic, nothing good.

Oh lord, what have I gotten myself into? she questioned herself, as beads of sweat lined her forehead.

Edited by Naina2127 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

malluangel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
maan wouldnt take away the kids.... would he?

i hope he doesnt!

nainuuuuuuuuuuuu continue soon! and put them together and update quickly!

cant wait to know their back story!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE

Edited by malluangel - 13 years ago
cutiepie9512345 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
OMG LUVVED EVERY BIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
bluedreamz953 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Omg..this is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please update soon yaar!!!
Really love it!
mitzi11 thumbnail
oh love it what mesmerized update pls do cont & make FF dont stop pls wow yu are  writer
pushpi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Cool :-D Cant wait to read the next parts soon
shalini_s thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
an awesome start to the FF.. pls update soon...
kinno thumbnail
 update sooooooooooooonn๐Ÿ˜Š
liv2laugh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hi Naina

Welcome back ๐Ÿค—

Happy Deepavali to you ๐Ÿค—

Lovely beginning. The twins are absolutely adorable and so protective of their mom. Maan has no idea whose kids they are ๐Ÿ˜†......so dense ๐Ÿ˜†.

Looking forward to reading more ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Jhan
aamirkhanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
awesome concept.................will be waiting for the updates