Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

poppy2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: -Fivr-

*sigh* I'm getting ready to head home but I'm probably going to post my thought in here instead of the written update once I watch the episode.. Since we now have a discussion thread and all.. πŸ˜†

Please do post here, Fivr! Wanna read your detailed views on yesterday's episodes!😊

Btw, I seriously think that Aditya should stop advising Priya! I mean, the dude doesn't know the girl at all and to instigate her to go and slap her ex was not exactly a brilliant idea...as evident from the way, it all ended...making Priya depressed enough to end her life once again!

Amar is a first class jerk alright, but Priya shouldn't have slapped him...because she still doesn't have the mental and emotional strength to fight him back and most importantly defend herself! She is getting worked up by Adi and doing stuff that she normally would not do and hence not able to withstand the repurcussions!

Anyway, loved Aditya for standing up for Mr. Pradhan....and his dialouge, 'Ab tu pitne waali baat kar raha hai...' πŸ˜† Amar looked genuinly scared of Adi! Rakesh was fab in the scene!

Adi looks mature enough not to jump into any conclusions, even though he looked very confused after all that Mrs. Amar said...and more so because Priya did not defend herself! Waiting for today's episode!
Anu-Reddy thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: poppy2009

Please do post here, Fivr! Wanna read your detailed views on yesterday's episodes!😊

Btw, I seriously think that Aditya should stop advising Priya! I mean, the dude doesn't know the girl at all and to instigate her to go and slap her ex was not exactly a brilliant idea...as evident from the way, it all ended...making Priya depressed enough to end her life once again!

Anu : I agree . But Aditya I guess, thinks that Priya cannot be wrong. Its his assumption, sply since he is so smitten by her. Love is blind as they say πŸ˜†. He keyed her up and watched the tamasha πŸ˜†, He didnt have any other option too.

Amar is a first class jerk alright, but Priya shouldn't have slapped him...because she still doesn't have the mental and emotional strength to fight him back and most importantly defend herself! She is getting worked up by Adi and doing stuff that she normally would not do and hence not able to withstand the repurcussions!

Anu :  I didnt like the way she backed off without defending herself. I mean she should think abt it before she head towards Amar and slap him.  I mean what did she think will happen once she slaps the guy? Either he will try to blame her or his wife will ask what the matter is. Either way she had to spit out her side of the story. This was so unthoughtful of her to go slap a guy without getting ready with her defences. I so wished atleast she allowed her dad to reason out the facts.   I blame Aditya for that though. He shouldnt have showed her the guy and keyed her abt "lat" and all that. He should instead have asked her abt the flashback and then helped her out.  Anyways its so human to make such blunders. Rage doesnt reason πŸ˜›. But I totally loved the acting in the scene though 😳. Both the actors were amazing as usual.

Anyway, loved Aditya for standing up for Mr. Pradhan....and his dialouge, 'Ab tu pitne waali baat kar raha hai...' πŸ˜† Amar looked genuinly scared of Adi! Rakesh was fab in the scene!

Adi looks mature enough not to jump into any conclusions, even though he looked very confused after all that Mrs. Amar said...and more so because Priya did not defend herself! Waiting for today's episode!

Anu :  Ya I agree, I dont think he doubts the girl.  He just wanted to know more abt the past. He wanted to listen. He wanted priya to defend herself. Iam sure after the supposedly jump from lighthouse scene he will get to know abt the past.

For me the best part of the epi had to be the four women praying at the kua . Each with their own problems. The best frame was all the four women around the well and Aditya in between all of them. I somehow feel he will be the key for all the four womens fights. He definetly seems close to all the four , and he definetly seems a very sensible guy, who cant tolerate injustice.

poppy2009 thumbnail
@Anu, what a coincidence! I just sent you a PM requesting you to post your views on yesterday's episode...but the PM bounced back, cause your Inbox is full! And there you post it here!!!

I agree . But Aditya I guess, thinks that Priya cannot be wrong. Its his assumption, sply since he is so smitten by her. Love is blind as they say πŸ˜†. He keyed her up and watched the tamasha πŸ˜†, He didnt have any other option too.

It was thoughtless of Adi to suggest something of this nature to Priya, being aware that she is in a highly disturbed state of mind! But what surprised me more was Priya taking heed to Adi's suggesstion so easily! But that might be explained by the fact that she is unconciously seeking support somewhere...and also love and acceptance, which Aditya offered to her unconditionally. And hence, her being swayed by Adi's instigations!

Anu :  I didnt like the way she backed off without defending herself. I mean she should think abt it before she head towards Amar and slap him.  I mean what did she think will happen once she slaps the guy? Either he will try to blame her or his wife will ask what the matter is. Either way she had to spit out her side of the story. This was so unthoughtful of her to go slap a guy without getting ready with her defences. I so wished atleast she allowed her dad to reason out the facts.   I blame Aditya for that though. He shouldnt have showed her the guy and keyed her abt "lat" and all that. He should instead have asked her abt the flashback and then helped her out.  Anyways its so human to make such blunders. Rage doesnt reason πŸ˜›. But I totally loved the acting in the scene though 😳. Both the actors were amazing as usual.

Priya wasn't thinking on her own when she went and impulsively slapped Amar! She has a lot of hurt and resentment in her heart, but not the courage or confidence to express them...except when Adi came and acted as a catalyst! But as soon as Amar's wife accused her and she did not get the same support from Adi (which is obvious, because he has no idea about Priya's past except that she was ditched), she totally collapsed. If Adi had spoken up on her behalf or had known what had exactly happened, Priya would have probably found the courage to defend herself. Yes, both Rakesh and Riddhi were fantastic! (On a side note, I love Riddhi's dressing sense...she looked so pretty in a simple pair of jeans and cotton kurti!)

Anu :  Ya I agree, I dont think he doubts the girl.  He just wanted to know more abt the past. He wanted to listen. He wanted priya to defend herself. Iam sure after the supposedly jump from lighthouse scene he will get to know abt the past.

This time it is sure that Priya is trying to commit suicide, because as per the pre-cap, she leaves a suicide note before going. I think her reason of trying to end her life have to do more with giving peace to her Father and Brother, than her own inability to overcome her past. Amar's wife mentioned something like Mr. Pradhan losing his job and Chinu being forced to leave his studies because of what happened to Priya and hence her extreme guilt on their behalf.

For me the best part of the epi had to be the four women praying at the kua . Each with their own problems. The best frame was all the four women around the well and Aditya in between all of them. I somehow feel he will be the key for all the four womens fights. He definetly seems close to all the four , and he definetly seems a very sensible guy, who cant tolerate injustice.

I loved this scene too...and the song which played along. All the four actors along with Adi did a fantastic job, portraying the varying emotions. Rakesh did talk about his character in Maryada being very strong and central to the story, hopefully it will be so! Much as I like woman oriented stories, I am sick and tired of seeing men being put up as mere props!

Edited by poppy2009 - 13 years ago
-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
*stands up and starts clapping*

I have to, just have to give Pradhan's character a standing ovation! I mean the way that guy just ripped his daughter's culprit a new one was just BRILLIANT! Right from the word go, he went on the offensive and made sure Amar knew he wasn't welcome and his actions (whatever they were) were not forgotten. Because a parent NEVER forgets the wrong you dish out to their kids and Amar had just made top of that list for Pradhan! I cannot tell you how refreshing it was to see a father who didn't give a hoot what anyone thought of him while he defended his daughter - being there for her, to speak for her, was his primary concern. Everything else came later. So while other parental figures in other shows might try to brush the issue under the carpet until it is unbearable, Pradhan was not even the least bit apprehensive to let the world know that his daughter wasn't wrong and explain to them why. To him, the truth mattered more than false pretenses and "jhooti izzat". *sigh* I toh am totally fida over that scene! I could watch it again and again! πŸ˜†

LMAO!! And when one man backs down a bit, the other steps in - Aditya with his "Na chorey ab tu pitney wali baat kar raha hai!" was FANTASTIC! I literally cracked up - I truly enjoyed how he "warned" the guy in his own unique Adtiya-esque way instead of going all dishum-dishum with him right away! But just because he didn't hit him didn't mean that he wouldn't in a heart beat if that's what the situation called - and Amar could see that. Aditya showed restraint in today's episode even after Pradhan was physically threatened and Priya was publicly insulted, two episodes in a row...  I'm beginning to wonder where that Tarzan-Aditya surfaced from two nights ago.. Maybe it was an effect of motion sickness or something..? πŸ€”πŸ˜†

And coming to Amar the "Ex"... WHAT a freaking loser! Amar jee, care to explain why you felt the sudden urge to go talk to a girl you just saw across the dinner line and who you think doesn't even deserve to be spoken to (as you mentioned a little while later to her father, telling him that he should be happy you're speaking to her after "everything")? I mean aik toh khud aa k galey padho, baad mein jab banda irritate ho toh bolo "You should thank me k main galey padha!"?!?! I don't know what exactly Amar did to Priya but from what I can tell, it seems like Priya was attacked by some random men the night of her engagement and he ran the first chance he got with his tail between his legs, leaving Priya to fend for herself. And if that is true, what in the heck did he expect would happen when he spoke with Priya?! That she'd barsao phool on him and tell him she'd been waiting to hear his sweet voice?! Gosh, seriously.. What a loser.

And then what is worst is that when he gets his face slapped by Priya he goes and hides behind his wife. Khud ko saanp soong jata hai aur apni rabid wife ko Priya pe chod deta hai. And what kind of a perverse jerk talks about his ex (one that was even an amicable one) with his wife?! Especially when things are as strained as they are between him and Priya and when there is so much troubled history there!!? Just goes to show how insecure he is - he really wants all the allies he can get in this "fight" so he is telling people whatever he feels is the truth in order to get them to side with him before Priya comes along.

And lastly, coming to Aditya's "motivational speech" to Priya.. This man really doesn't like having to stay quiet in the face of injustice, does he? I mean his hands were itching to give Amar two tight ones on his face but he couldn't because it wasn't her fight or his business. So instead he does the next best thing - he goes and riles up Priya with his frustration and then watched her deliver whatever justice he felt was apt for the guy. Only he forgot that Priya isn't him - so when the rabid wife fights back, she crumbles. As she should - with all the painful history that's associated with her past, it was absolutely cruel and distasteful for Amar's wife to take cheap shots at Priya. So much for that "sanskar" that she was talking about earlier. Priya's slap made her "aisi aurat" toh I wonder what her own "garbage spewing" act made her? 🀒

Lol, abhi itna hi yaad aya hai.. If something else pops back in my head, I'll probably be back.. πŸ˜†
Edited by -Fivr- - 13 years ago
Anu-Reddy thumbnail
@Poppy : I cleaned up my inbox now 🀣. It just was filled up.  Anyways so I was right, the guy is central to the story. I havent seen his interview so no idea what his character would pan out to be but from that one clip from yesterday I could see that he will sure be the motivator behind all the four women.

@ Fivr : Ur so right abt Pradhan's fight back. Iam glad u said that. He indeed is a different papa. He made sure his daughter is not wronged for some thing which she didnt do.  He actually wanted to let ppl know the truth, only if Priya didnt ask him to back off.   Imagine how Pradhan and cheenu are with Priya even after they were so badly mistreated in their lives. Makes me fall for them more.  Abt Amar, the guy got his defences ready because he was sure Priya will confront him. No wonder he fed his wife all the wrong info and happily stood behind while that dumb woman pounced at Priya. For once I liked Aditya stand back instead of getting involved in the fight. He shouldve first talked to priya, got to know abt the issue and then tried to instigate her against Amar. But then thats so human-ely to do so. He couldnt see Priya called names and wanted to see Amar trashed. But he forgot to see that Priya is not at that state to handle it all. She broke down more after that scene, no wonder she finally thought of suicide.

Anu-Reddy thumbnail
What I like abt Aditya's character is, that he doenst get into anything directly. Like if he wants to he can go beat up Amar, he can beat up the goons in the train , he could do it, he is capable of doing it all but then he backs off. He lets ppl who are "wronged" to take charge. He wants to boast the courage in the woman who was wronged. He wants her to face the battles with head high. That is one thing I just love abt this character. He is so well thought of in his mind. He understands if he goes and fights for someone else's cause, they can never be able to stand up for themselves. They will always look for some support and that aint a good thing.

I think thats the aspect of his character which is gonna be the key for this show and the four women involved. He will motivate each one of them to face their battles in their own way . He will assure them that he will be there standing right behind them to support them, but first move should be of theirs and they should start fighting their battles themselves.

The way he was observing all four women at the kua makes me fall in love with Aditya's character more. He is very close to his mom and mausi and now he is getting there with Priya too. In no time we might see him bond more with his bhabhi.  All four with four different issues and only one sane-intelligent man who can give them the much needed strength.

poppy2009 thumbnail

@Anu : Bingo on what you wrote about Aditya! The creatives need to be given a pat in the back for making him truly different from the hoards of other 'similar' male characters on air (rustic speaking, extroverted, masculine sorts). Aditya is different as in he reins in his temper and does not misuse his power, instead, as you mentioned, tries to get the wronged person to fight for themself. I loved him for not beating up Amar yesterday (much as I would have loved to see him bashed up...maybe in the future episodes, keeping fingers crossed!πŸ˜†) and instead telling Priya to go and give it to him! Ofcourse, the entire thing was a fiasco, but atleast Adi's intentions were correct.

On another note, somehow after yesterday's episode, one got a feeling that Priya was not physically abused / raped...instead landed in a situation where she could not defend herself and her reputation. Amar's wife says something about Priya being found with some guy on the night of her engagement...and she was out on a drive with Amar at that time...and Mr. Pradhan accused Amar of bribing the Police and running out on Priya when she was in trouble!

And in the 'On the Sets' Interview, Riddhi talked about her character and said that Priya lands in some big trouble because of her honesty and righteousness. It sounds as if Priya had given evidence in some case and to take revenge against her, she was accused of prostitution and arrested by the Police while Amar did nothing to help her, instead sided with the Police, out of fear. (The flashback shows Priya being handcuffed by a Police Officer) No mention of rape was made by Amar or his wife either...

Priya's past is one big mystery! Not sure if they are going to show the viewers exactly what happened right away, especially if the SSP was involved in it. At the same time, Aditya will now be hell bent on ferreting out the entire truth...prolly from none other than Mr. Pradhan!
Edited by poppy2009 - 13 years ago
sam. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Hey everyone.Loved reading everyone's analysis on yesterday's episode ,this show seems to have a lot of potential just wish star had given this show a better time slot ,really not possible for lot of people to stay up till 11:30 to watch it.
-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I agree with what you guys have said about Aditya in parts - I mean I appreciate that he steps back and lets those wronged stand up for themselves. I am glad he doesn't suffer from the "protector" complex - at least not to a point where it's a nuisance. But I don't know if I am going to call him "different" from all the rest of the men, just yet. I want to wait and see a little bit more. It's too soon for me.. *sigh* The cynic prevails yet again.. But I do appreciate how he wants to "help" and that's his primary motive. Just helping out the girl he cares for. He doesn't want to protect her or defend her, he jsut wants to help her. And I appreciate that. But even so.. I want to wait.. πŸ˜†

Oh and I think Gaurav's definitely gay - when he was talking on the phone last night, he was talking a guy. He said "Ab tum aisi batain karo GAI.." so he was definitely talking to a guy and I am inclining to believe that the person on the other line was his partner. Even so, I am super excited about how this track plays out. I hope, sincerely and dearly, that they don't mishandle this sensitive track and make a mockery out of homosexuality yet again. I want them to show a clear portrayal of how gay men can be as normal and simple as the next guy with the same type of problems and life issues - their sexual preference doesn't turn them into a different species and their preferences don't need to be "fixed". Although I think that's what Deviyani did.. She got him married by force (using emotional blackmailing as her weapon) and now he's in a loveless marriage. *sigh* It would break my heart for both Vidya and Gaurav if that's true. And Gaurav hasn't shown hate towards Vidya so I can't say that he dislikes the girl or that he had another girl he wanted to get married to because then his frustration would vent out as anger on Vidya - you know, he'd lay the blame for not getting the girl he loves on the one who he was forced to marry. But in this case, he's just uncomfortable around her - gives me a feeling that he doesn't want to lead her on, to make her think there is more here than there is. He doesn't want to hurt her by letting her think that things are more than what they are between them - and we have been seeing glimpses of his inner turmoil of dealing with this forced marriage AND simultaneously being fair to Vidya (i.e. not hurting her).

*sigh* And it could just be that I am totally wrong here.. In which case, this entire post is just mindless speculation.. πŸ˜†
Edited by -Fivr- - 13 years ago
Anu-Reddy thumbnail
@Poppy : Ya I too think Priya was tagged "prostitute". That goes with what Amar's wife was saying in yesterday's epi, "She is very famous" in some place. Looks like Amar made Priya look like a "prostitute" infront of his wife, no wonder that woman was all over Priya yesterday. I would love to see her face when the truth comes out. That will sure be a kodak moment🀣.

Abt the police handcuff thing, I think Priya and Amar witnessed something deadly that day . May be some one was killed and they were witness to that. May be some big shots were involved in that and asked Priya to back off but Priya who seems to stand for the truth, didnt want to back off and that got her into trouble. I too feel its all SSPs doing. I feel SSP is the person who is behind all the four women's issues. 

I feel they wont hide the flashback longer. They already showed us a clip from it and iam sure when Aditya confronts Priya to speak out the truth, she or Mr Pradhan might tell him the real truth.

Edited by Anu-Reddy - 13 years ago