Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
To Be Edited.
Feel Free To Discuss.
Video:
MegaVideo
Writen Updated

The Vampire Diaries, Season 2, Episode 6: Plan B

In a nifty bit of cross-cutting at the top of the hour, we learn that Elena and Stefan are sleeping together but still fake-fighting in public, while Katherine is promising Mason that the two of them will live happily ever after once he gives her the moonstone. He's still not ready to hand it over, though.

Like always, the citizens of Mystic Falls are gathering to prepare for an upcoming town-wide event this time, they re setting up for the Masquerade Ball at the Lockwood estate. Caroline, though, has decided to stay behind to care for her mother, who's still waiting in the Salvatore basement for the vervain to wear off. Though Liz is initially still cold to her daughter, over the course of the day they talk and eventually, Liz begins to warm up.

Elena fills Bonnie in on everything that's been happening and Bonnie is upset because of the lack of communication and is still not ready to see Caroline.

Jeremy, Alaric, and Damon discuss the moonstone. According to Isobel's research, the stone is a witch thing that might be able to break the werewolf curse. The plot thickens when Bonnie gets a vision that reveals Mason's connection to Katherine. 

When Jeremy discovers that Tyler has already given the stone to his uncle, the Salvatores know that they have to take drastic action. They convince Bonnie to use her witchery to incapacitate Mason. Damon hauls the wolf off to his own house. There, Bonnie uses her powers to figure out that the moonstone is hidden in a well one that Caroline realizes is on the edge of the Lockwood property. Though Bonnie's been ignoring Caroline since she turned undead, when Care asks if she can go with the her to the well, Bonnie softens and says yes.

Stefan, too, goes to the well, after Bonnie texts him with the location of the moonstone. Elena follows behind and meets him there which turns out to be lucky, since when Stefan jumps into the well to fetch the stone, he lands in a waist-deep pool filled with vervain.

Caroline, who's already in the woods with Bonnie, hears his screams and races to the well. There, she helps lower Elena down to help Stefan. Once he's safe, Elena finds the moonstone herself and brings it out with her. She revives Stefan with her own blood after they're both safe on dry land again.

While all this is happening, Damon is torturing Mason with burning sticks, demanding that he reveal how he knows Katherine and why she needs the stone. After a long time and a lot of fairly graphic abuse Mason confesses that Katherine said she'd use the stone to lift his curse.

Damon, of course, laughs when he hears this. She's using you, you moron, he taunts Mason. He follows that up with a real zinger: Katherine will only rip your heart out. Let me do it for her. Then he does. 

Everything in the episode goes south after that point. Caroline comes back to the Salvatores and excitedly informs her mom about how much progress she's making with Bonnie. Liz is so impressed with how confident and strong her daughter sounds that she asks Caroline not to erase her memory she thinks she can keep Caroline's secret. Alas, that's not in the cards: I know you can trust me. But you're never going to trust them, Caroline tells her sadly, before compelling her and destroying their newly healthy relationship.

When Stefan comes back to his house with the moonstone, Damon dashes off an email to Mrs. Lockwood from Mason's phone, leading her to believe Mason's gone back to Florida. Then, despite Stefan's warning, he calls the last number Mason dialed which turns out to be Katherine. She's surprised to hear from him, and furious when he brags about killing Mason. In the end, though, Katherine says he's merely put a wrinkle in her plan, because she's also got a plan B, a plan C, and, well. You do know how the alphabet works, don't you?

Katherine wastes no time before launching her Plan B. She calls Elena, first informing her that she knows she and Stefan aren't really fighting. She follows that up with a bomb: She's been impersonating Elena in front of Jenna so that she could convince Elena's aunt to stop taking vervain. After that, she started compelling Jenna to spy on her niece. Unlike you, Jenna actually listens to me, Katherine taunts before compelling Elena's aunt to stab herself.

Doctors tell Elena that Jenna is going to be just fine. Still, the incident has rattled Elena so thoroughly that she goes to Stefan's and informs him that it's too dangerous for the two of them to be together. Katherine could hurt too many people because of it. As she's leaving the Salvatore abode, Damon stops Elena and tells him that what happened to Jenna was his fault because he provoked Katherine. It doesn't make a difference to Elena, though: as she tells Damon, She won. Katherine won.

Katherine is in a room saying, I had a werewolf, now I don't...so I need one [or something to that effect] and she says, will you help me? We see Matt, he says, " I won't stop until he kils me" [or something to that effect]

*Jot*

--I was wondering if i should start adding pictures in my updates.....--

Edited by Jaan730 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

patakhaguddi thumbnail
Poor Mason actually loved Katherine.......
DE Scene at the end!
I'm sure Bamon fans will be very happy at this episode...... *sigh* Its okay DE fanatics. We'll get our time.
MATTTTT. NO.  Please. Not. Matt. Noooo. Pleasseeee. First Mason. Now Matt? And you also tortured Stefan and made him cry?? Nooo. Katherineeee *grrrrrr*
-iPayal- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Mason is dead!! darn it - i loved his character yaar :(

Hes like another salvatore dude, katherines love...blah blah... :(

I really hope Matt Doesnot die, and i dont wat ty to be a wolfe just yet...poor jenna!! :(

OMG SE broke my heart!! mostly stefan, but that was soo sad :((

plus points: Bamonnn! Jeremy! : they grow up so fast- lol!! :P
yellow1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
oh no Mason's dead.

Stelena broke up 😭

Matt ... oh Matt 😲

that Katherine 😡😡

wat a KILLER epi (quite literally)! but on an aside it was definately one of TVD's best!!

Edited by yellow1 - 13 years ago
xoxolively thumbnail
I felt horrible when Mason died .Between after that scene, I'm in a little anti-Damon mood.

I love Tyler in this episode, poor guy and I love Jeremy also.

Love the scenes of Bonnie/Caroline and Elena/Bonnie/Caroline.Don't judge me but I'm happy that SE broke up because I want DE to happen, sorry SE fans.😛

Between I love it when Damon says to Bonnie "Hey judgey thank you".Lol.......
Edited by xoxolively - 13 years ago

Couldn't resist but share my opinion after todays' episode..

Two people actually made me want to cry, first Mason the poor guy who dearly loves Kathrine, seeing him on the chair confessing his love with tears in his eyes made me actually really sad, Damon should not have kill him but all is all. It was either him or Damon.

Second person is Stephan when Elena broke up with him, soo many emotions in his eyes, his face the way he act really made me cry... Well done to him..👏👏

And i soo hate Kathrine, man she can go to any length to obtain what she want.. 😡.. Let's hope  Matt does not get kill by Taylor else no one will be left...😳
.anjz. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
How many of you are with me when i say that i cried seeing Stelena break-up??? especially Stefan..... OMG!! his expression.... i wanted to KILL Katherine then and there...... Uggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! 😡  🤬

And nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! NOT Matt..... That freaking biatch is killing everyone!! W*F!!! ugghhh... i am soo pissed off at her!!!!!!!!

Mason.... poor guy.... he seemed soo vulnerable when he said he loved Kath!! Gawwdd!! i want her killed ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤢

But this has to be one of the BEST episodes........
viniva sharma thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

stefen and elena broke up???? m jus h8ing kat at dis moment!!! dat scenee wz actually heart breaking!!! n i jus luvd paulin dat scenee!!! his acting wz awesumm!! n  den DE!!! dat scenee wz a nicee one too!!!

Rachu_1987 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
i cant believe they killed off Mason after him being in the show for a few episodes...and from the rate its going it looks as if theyre gunna kill matt off...this is ridiculous...if they even try to think bout killing jeremy off then they'll feel my wrath!!!! but omg mason....im still in shock...n stefan he looked so heartbroken!
Raee_Salvatore thumbnail
totally rachu even i was complaining about this only the way they r on a killing spree...god they killed him off so randomly..Mason's death really shocked me and tht too damon did it..ugh y do they always make him do all this effing things!!...and now matt too....i dunt knw what r they planning at!!
as for stef i agree, paul did an amazing job in tht scene gosh he cried so genuinely u so can feel his turmoil and pain.....god he was really hrtbrkn....and the last delena bit was so sad too...kat's really destroying evrything like she said she wud!

!hmmmmm but i still like her.i guess i am crazy and weird.😆...anyways looking fwd to Damon and Stefan's plan to bring her dwn.....can they?!!;)

for me this epi stood out bcoz of evry1's fab acting..caro/liz convo was amazing, so was SE brk up scene, and yay bonnie is finally back i loved the way Bamon were bickering..they r cute!!! lolz and also Jer rocked in tht hospital scene. apart from tht pointless killing of Mason epi was good....but still i really cant get over the fact yet tht they killed him off.......i liked him so much.uhhhhh i feel like crying now!!😭

I am totally in a mixed reaction mode i guess.....😕😕