Sensational South

Mamooty-Prithviraj back together- King&Commisionar

malluangel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
By Hemanth on 16 July 2010 18:13

After the grand success of Pokkiri Raja, Mammootty and Prithviraj are back again for a new film, The King & Commissioner. The film is going to be directed by ace director Shaji Kailas and the script will be written by Renji Panikkar. The duo is rated among the finest director-writer pairs in Malayalam cinema. With films like Sthalathe Pradhana Payyan, Thalasthanam, Ekalayavan, Commissioner, The King to their credit, the buzz surrounding their latest film has become the talk of the town.

The sensational pair is coming back after 15 long years for this film and they are all set to reprise their earlier flicks. Interestingly, the new film The King & Commissioner is a combination of two films which Shaji Kailas had directed several years ago. Mammootty who had donned the role of an IAS officer named Thevalliparambil Joseph Alex in The King will reprise his role in this film. Prithviraj has replaced Suresh Gopi as The Commissioner.

The film's touted to be an out and out commercial film filled with lot of punch lines with political undertones. Renji Panikkar is working on the script of this film which will go on floors in January 2011. Mammootty's close friend and leading producer, Anto Joseph has been instrumental in bringing Shaji Kailas and Renji together. Mammootty's Play House banner is going to release the film for Vishu, next year.

source:http://southscope.in/malayalam/news/mammootty-prithviraj-back-again-king-commissioner

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ammoos thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for sharing..

wow. I loved the IAS, Joseph Alex.. Mammookka was cool..

But is Prithviraj playing Bharat chandran.. I dont think so.. coz I read someother article on this film but dont think he is replacing Bharat Chandran.. he is a new Commisssioner..
malluangel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
i have no idea what your talking about 😆
ive never seen those movie, kadha paranyu tharo?